October 20, 2014 | 2102 users online

Concealers - Everyday Minerals - Sunlight Color Corrector

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2009 3:18:00 PM More reviews by snottra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Really strange color. Very yellow, and it does not cover under-eye circles if you're EM Cool Fair in the skin tone.
I can't really imagine who will look good in this.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/9/2009 6:51:00 PM More reviews by ndoodles

At first I didn't like it because I was hoping it would cover my under eye circles - which it SUCKS at doing!!
Okay I've changed this post several times now and I'm going to conclude that this doesn't work for me. It's either too powdery or it doesn't blend very well w/ my skin.
SO, I think I'm going to either try another EDM concealer or I'm going to get a liquid/cream concealer. Those I feel will have a better staying power.
This isn't for under eye darkness though which really sucks.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by watermelon72

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use it mostly for slight discolouration, mostly around the nose and on the laugh line. I find it does get cakey looking around the eye, perhaps because I need to load it on to cover the dark circles. I got it as a sample and I do use it. I apply it with the concealer brush, and it blends out well enough and isn't too light in colour. I also use the sample foundations that were too light as concealer (you know, from the sample kit you order when you are trying to find your colour) and they seem to work for me as well. So, Sunlight is an okay concealer, but not special enough for me to buy a full size of it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2008 2:33:00 PM More reviews by angela18

The Sunlight concealer works great for me and my undereye circles! Though you have to be careful you dont put too much otherwise it settles in the lines and gets cakey. Instead of using a concealer brush i actually use the E.L.F. blending brush for my undereyes because it is soooooooo soft and just blends out the concealer very nicely. I have yellow undertones and wear light olive and golden medium in everyday minerals and my dark circles are a little purple-ish closer to the inner corner of my eye and i have greenish blue veins.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2008 1:16:00 AM More reviews by Linhiepoo

I dont know about this one, it just sinks into the little lines i have by my eyes :(

not fun, i have no luck with powder concealers =/

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by raspberrytea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I really love this product and use it every day. I use it mostly for covering red areas on my face, but also on the dark area under my eyes. I find yellow concealer blends easier than green when correcting redness, and looks a lot more natural. I use a kabuki brush to buff it in to those areas and top it off with mineral foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2008 4:00:00 PM More reviews by Ajziz

A great concealer to hide red areas with. I find it does a better job then the Mint one. The Sunlight Color Corrector is much easier to blend in my opinion. Doesn't work that great for covering dark cirkles though, or perhaps mine are just too dark!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/1/2008 11:04:00 PM More reviews by kiraud

I would not reccomend this product for all ov er the under eye as suggested. it might just be me but I have pretty dark circles and it doesnt do anything for the circles.

I have had sucess with using it directly under the lash line and it makes my eyes appear much brighter and wider!

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2008 8:34:00 AM More reviews by kaiyacarrier

Did not like the coverage on this concealer. And everytime I tried to use it on my undereye area it just settled in to the lines and they seemed visible from across the room!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2008 8:05:00 PM More reviews by verblprostitute

I use the matte or semi matte formula in olive fair, but have recently liked putting this on my face much more.
First and foremost I have to say that your success with minerals depends on your skin type, how well you find a shade to match your skin tone and most importantly, your application of the product.

I wish that there was something that could make me look absolutely flawless in addition to looking natural. Being so close to achieving that at one point, it is not my intention any longer. We all have flaws, and instead of completely covering my flaws, I have opted for merely diminishing them with a light hand. I do have dark under eye circles, I have an uneven complexion, visible pores on my nose/around my nose, but overall pretty good skin.

Make sure to properly exfoliate pre- foundation application, because as with any foundation I have tried, it will accentuate flakes and dry spots.

In regards to application, I use the eyeshadow blending brush from everyday minerals. I feel that with a smaller tool, you can be more precise as well as get into those places such as under your eyes and in the sides of your nose. I do not apply the minerals on my entire face. I use more of a highlight/conceal concept. This will look like a mask if you apply it on your entire face up to your hairline. I'm not sure that any woman's idea of "natural" is a mask. There's such a thing as the cake effect, if you apply too much of anything and get over ambitious, you will ruin what minerals can do for you. I think in regards to wearing make up, we must be realistic and know what looks good.

Also be aware that sometimes what looks good indoors will look horrible outdoors in natural daylight.

I start by swirling the brush on the lid of the container and gently blowing off the excess. and then sort of following the contours of my eye and making sure to apply more at the beginning where the dark circles are darker. With the left over product on the brush, I highlight my tearduct area and the sides of my nose and also below my eyebrow and above the eyebrow and blend upwards and outwards and also a tiny bit on the outer corners of my eyes. Make sure to blend well. I then dip the brush again and apply a tiny bit under my under eye and sort of conceal that area without covering my entire cheek. When concealing the "bunny nose" I sort of make a backwards C motion. With the left over powder I conceal any discoloration around my mouth then dip the brush again and make the middle of my chin lighter and blend outwards but not entirely. I do half of my face and then the other half. I finish off with some powder on my nose blended outwards.

My skin is not bad and I don't have much acne or scars to conceal, this is what works for me. I use my makeup as an enhancer and not as a means of complete transformation. I like that I can manipulate the coverage of these minerals and make it look very natural with proper application

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No