November 28, 2014 | 1840 users online

Self Tanners - Dove - Summer Glow

rated 4 of 5 on 11/3/2010 10:25:00 AM More reviews by littlemissspicy

Love it. Gives me a nice tan. Looks pretty natural too. And it's cheap. It has this funny smell though, but it's bearable. Exfoliate and moisturise first for best result (yes, moisturise first, I find this product not very moisturising),

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2010 2:40:00 AM More reviews by ebyd82

I love this stuff! Gives a really nice natural sunkissed look. Provided you exfoliate before applying, it should not come out blotchy at all. The trick is to BLEND well.. and dont over do it. One or two coats will give you a nice finish. I've had heaps of people comment on it, that it looks really nice and natural. I use the 'medium-dark' shade. Even though i have a fair/med skin tone, i find you need to use less coats with the darker shade.

The cons - yes, it stinks a bit. But anything that self tans is going to smell a bit odd. It does wear off after a while though. And can be a little bit slippery, but like i said, rub it in well and you should be right. Keep in mind its also a moisturizer.
Its a good investment for summer, especially if your lacking a bit of colour like mysef.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2010 7:56:00 AM More reviews by YoungDandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for over a year now, and I love it. Sure it stinks, it's greasey and I hate when the bottle starts to get empty and just doesnt want to squeeze out, but for the price of it and the tan it gives my skin, it's magic.

I use the one for Normal to dark skin and the colour looks natural on my skin tone. It mouisturisers my skin well, but i find to stop dark patches on my knees and elbows, a good exfoliating session and moisturising with a "plain" moisturiser before applying the dove stuff is definately the way to go.

after a few days you get patchy and need to exfoliate it ALL off and start from scratch again, but It's worth it. Just get tanned for the weekends and scrub it off and re-apply on weekdays.

The smell is a little sickening but thats 90% of self tanners so I don't care too much. The WORST thing about this is that it never seems to completely absorb and you are left feeling a little slimey. Not overly pleasant, particulary on hot days.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/28/2010 1:39:00 PM More reviews by shuriya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Overall it's an ok tanner considering the price you pay. I bought the light version and I developed a decent tan on my legs after maybe 2 days.
The scent is not too strong and it fades in less than a minute. I didn't experience uncomfortable stickiness either.

What I found good about it, though, is that unlike other tanners I've had they actually warn you on the back of the bottle to not use this product on a problem skin. Now you can interpret that any way you want, but any product that says that I will not buy. For the sheer fact that I'm, very acne-prone.

So if you're like me and want a little color on your legs or arms this is a good thing to use.
I found it more effective to scrub regularly (as they say on the bottle too!) and I put it on twice a day.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/11/2010 4:34:00 PM More reviews by Bubbles1985

I tried this last summer in order to "deepen up" my tan. But the downsides are overshadowing the fact that it did give me nice tan. I got a lot of bums after a while on my arms and thighs. This is due to the mineral oil (paraffinum liquidum) it contains. Another thing is that it took a long time to absorb into my skin, even though I have dry skin. I would walk around for at least 15 minutes before it absorbed into the skin. Conclusion: If you have too much spare time, you should definitely buy this :D I'm a busy girl, so I'll just use my L'Oreal self tanner airbush spray. It dries instantly and gives a nice, even tan if you use it correctly :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/26/2010 1:22:00 PM More reviews by skitams21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My first time to try a gradual tanning lotion and pleased that I came across this product well upon a recommendation of a friend. I even tried her own lotion first for a night to save myself a waste of money if it turned out orange which I was scared of. Been using it for almost a week now and it gave me a really nice light tan without looking orange. When I first tried it it was quite patchy but it's because I didn't know how to apply it and just smacked it all over. My friend thought me how to put it on evenly and went on really well since then. I can see that some people complain about the smell but personally I don't find it horrible but we all have different preferences or take on smells and such.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2010 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Isane

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I actually really liked this product at first. It gave me a nice subtle tan and didn't smell as awful as some other self tanners out there. However I just cannot stand the smell anymore. It's so strong and nauseating. For this reason I began to only apply this a night when I won't have to smell it all day.
The product goes on well and it really does give a nice glow. It's not too dark or orangey. It doesn't last long, which means if you apply too much it'll be gone in a few days. But then again this means you have to apply this almost everyday to maintain the tan.
The product is pretty thick. It just doesn't seem to absorb in to my skin. Even if I apply this at night, I still feel sticky when I wake up in the morning. I feel so gross when I use this, i'm all sticky and smelling like weird old mangoes.
Regardless, it does what it says. It give you a nice glow. While I've had far worse experiences with other self-tanners, it still isn't a good product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/6/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by coucoune

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the worst self-tanner I have ever tried! The smell is really strong, the colour turns out orange, the cream sits on the skin; never really absorbs and leaves you feeling so greasy. It's cheap but it stinks badly. It's so greasy!! It stains everything and it's just not worth it.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2010 5:55:00 PM More reviews by Dedree

I really CAN'T recommend this product at all! I aplied it to my legs - the smell was awfull, the products formula not that nice (kind of sticky) - and after like 3 mins it started to burn like hell - so I washed it of as quick as I could, and my legs just had wounds all over them for quite some time, because of the allergic reaction... kind of nasty :s

rated 1 of 5 on 3/5/2010 6:41:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

This stuff came out a horrible yellow on my fair skin - at least it faded quick.