December 21, 2014 | 1658 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 3/17/2012 3:56:00 AM More reviews by ryokokoro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

First time I tried this a couple years ago, I didn't like it at all. It never seemed to dry on my skin or produce much more than a jaundiced tinge. I bought another bottle a couple months ago for some reason and I like it much better this time around. Maybe they changed it somehow (I could swear the label only read "with a pinch of erythrulose" before but now I see they've added DHA) but the formula absorbs really well now and leaves my skin very soft. It even sinks well into my face without causing any further breakouts, surprisingly (I would think it would, having myristate in it). I'd have to say the end result is a light tan when I'm pasty white. If I apply it twice in one day, there is a noticeable difference the next day. (I did one leg this way and left the other un-lotioned to see the difference) It even works nice if you want to add a little depth to a base tan. Just don't expect it to turn you brown. This is a light tan product. One final thought! The smell is overly sweet and somewhere between cheap tropical and bubblegum. It's not terrible by any means but after a while, it gets tired. Eventually, the DHA development smell comes up in the background and it smells a little off but with any sunless tanner, you can expect that.

All in all, I will continue to buy it because it's decent as a lotion during dry winter months, gives a nice light tan, and is cheap!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by underage

I don't get the hype about this self-tanner. I HATE the smell. It does not smell like self-tanner but it smells like cheap tropical lotion. I also don't like how it leaves me feeling sticky all day. Even when I use this daily, I do not feel like I get any color. I'm very pale so I expected to see a difference but it was barely noticeable. I won't repurchase. I think Banana Boat is much better for a few dollars more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tanner. I have used it for years and it has never given me a problem. As with all self-tanners, it is best to exfoliate elbows and knees to avoid any "orange" patches, but I like the fact that this product does not give an orange tint all over. I will definitely continue to use/buy and I recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by junkymonkey91

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought almost every self tanner and this is my favorite. Subtle yet beautiful color. I have pasty white skin and it doesn't make me orange!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this a few weeks and can safely say, it's a definite repurchase. Purchased it at Walmart at $6 / 18 oz, product comes in a plastic lotion style bottle with a locking pump dispenser. Thick consistency, with a creamy banana scent.. perhaps slightly plastic-y. While I don't love the scent I'm happy to deal with it considering this tanner is mostly devoid of the usual biscuit DHA scent. Easy application, no streaky mess, and a totally realistic gorgeous glow in 2 days. Love that I can just slap it on and go, don't have to worry about the usual tanning arsenal of gloves, exfoliators, mitts, etc.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayanne95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the past year I have been using this self tanner, which for me, is safe and healthy for my skin. It smells sweet, gives me a healthy sunkissed glow, and is inexpensive! I am reliant on this! Def recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful beach glow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by almajanessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is wonderful! I picked it up at Walmart for $5, and it is the best five bucks I've ever spent on a self tanner. I have tried St Tropez, and Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and the Malibu one works just as good. It doesn't streak and fades evenly giving you a great looking tan. It doesn't turn you orange and smells great. Go out and buy it you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love. that's all. This is such a nice product and suprising too. I stole this from my sister and tried it for a couple days and loved it. It instantly made my skin glow and not to mention after a week or so of using it it made me sooo bronze. And the smell just reminds me of banana boat sunscreen if you've ever smelled that. It's also superrr moisturizing & dry's quickly. The only problem is that it's really thick and feels like someones draped a wool blanket on you. Other than that I really love this and suggest it to any fair- friends who want a beautiful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ShawnaRans

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for the past 3 years as a daily moisturizer. I am very pale complected so this alone in the Winter cures the pasty look. However alone it does not give the appearance of a deep dark tan. So I use Tanwise products during the Summer before bed 2 or 3 nights a week and folllow up with this in the morning. This works great to prolong the tans life and even out spots around my feet, ankles, wrists. The smell is 100% Summer . Smells of coconut like a lot of actual tanning lotions. I love the pump. The kicker is the price is right around $6.50 at Walmart. Which is awesome when you want to maintain daily. This is my staple in my daily maintenance regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by hazeleyz44

I was looking for a cheap tanning lotion with a bronzer and found this at Sally beauty and then saw that they have something identical at walmart. Last time I was at Walmart they still had it. I use almost everyday and it really adds nice color to my tan. A nice light brown color not orange at all. Overall great lotion!! no DHA smell at all!!