September 17, 2014 | 2005 users online

Self Tanners - Malibu Tan - Hemp Golden Glow Skin Firming Bronzing Moisturizer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2012 2:02:00 PM More reviews by underage

I don't get the hype about this self-tanner. I HATE the smell. It does not smell like self-tanner but it smells like cheap tropical lotion. I also don't like how it leaves me feeling sticky all day. Even when I use this daily, I do not feel like I get any color. I'm very pale so I expected to see a difference but it was barely noticeable. I won't repurchase. I think Banana Boat is much better for a few dollars more!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2012 1:56:00 PM More reviews by ClaireBear728

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this tanner. I have used it for years and it has never given me a problem. As with all self-tanners, it is best to exfoliate elbows and knees to avoid any "orange" patches, but I like the fact that this product does not give an orange tint all over. I will definitely continue to use/buy and I recommend it to anyone.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by junkymonkey91

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have bought almost every self tanner and this is my favorite. Subtle yet beautiful color. I have pasty white skin and it doesn't make me orange!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/10/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by lushorchid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this a few weeks and can safely say, it's a definite repurchase. Purchased it at Walmart at $6 / 18 oz, product comes in a plastic lotion style bottle with a locking pump dispenser. Thick consistency, with a creamy banana scent.. perhaps slightly plastic-y. While I don't love the scent I'm happy to deal with it considering this tanner is mostly devoid of the usual biscuit DHA scent. Easy application, no streaky mess, and a totally realistic gorgeous glow in 2 days. Love that I can just slap it on and go, don't have to worry about the usual tanning arsenal of gloves, exfoliators, mitts, etc.

9 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by Kayanne95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the past year I have been using this self tanner, which for me, is safe and healthy for my skin. It smells sweet, gives me a healthy sunkissed glow, and is inexpensive! I am reliant on this! Def recommend this to anyone who wants a beautiful beach glow :)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2012 10:00:00 PM More reviews by almajanessa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This product is wonderful! I picked it up at Walmart for $5, and it is the best five bucks I've ever spent on a self tanner. I have tried St Tropez, and Estee Lauder Bronze Goddess and the Malibu one works just as good. It doesn't streak and fades evenly giving you a great looking tan. It doesn't turn you orange and smells great. Go out and buy it you won't regret it.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2012 11:51:00 AM More reviews by angel2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love. that's all. This is such a nice product and suprising too. I stole this from my sister and tried it for a couple days and loved it. It instantly made my skin glow and not to mention after a week or so of using it it made me sooo bronze. And the smell just reminds me of banana boat sunscreen if you've ever smelled that. It's also superrr moisturizing & dry's quickly. The only problem is that it's really thick and feels like someones draped a wool blanket on you. Other than that I really love this and suggest it to any fair- friends who want a beautiful glow.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2011 3:13:00 PM More reviews by ShawnaRans

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have used this product for the past 3 years as a daily moisturizer. I am very pale complected so this alone in the Winter cures the pasty look. However alone it does not give the appearance of a deep dark tan. So I use Tanwise products during the Summer before bed 2 or 3 nights a week and folllow up with this in the morning. This works great to prolong the tans life and even out spots around my feet, ankles, wrists. The smell is 100% Summer . Smells of coconut like a lot of actual tanning lotions. I love the pump. The kicker is the price is right around $6.50 at Walmart. Which is awesome when you want to maintain daily. This is my staple in my daily maintenance regiment.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2011 3:40:00 PM More reviews by hazeleyz44

I was looking for a cheap tanning lotion with a bronzer and found this at Sally beauty and then saw that they have something identical at walmart. Last time I was at Walmart they still had it. I use almost everyday and it really adds nice color to my tan. A nice light brown color not orange at all. Overall great lotion!! no DHA smell at all!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2011 11:10:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Hands down, the BEST gradual tanner I've ever owned! I started noticing color after 2 night of applying. And the color is a true golden tan. The usual "ick" smell that comes from ST is really toned down in this product, too. It's just a light, sweet and dare I say... pleasant smell. It's oil-free and I have used this on my face with out problem. It's also not tested on animals!

I bought this at Walmart for $5 or $6, and I think it's going to last me quite awhile. Would def repurchase when it does run out!