September 30, 2014 | 2013 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 3 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:05:00 AM More reviews by clp53

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Hm. Bought the travel size to test this out . It has a nice texture and it smells minty . It did help with my oily skin but did nothing for acne. I just use it now to tKe off my makeup. It's quite average in all categories , won't buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 1:10:00 AM More reviews by helloiamliz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I bought this product because I was really desperate due to my very oily skin. Even if I don't put anything on my skin, especially my T-zone gets really oily. Because I wear make up a lot, this is really annoying. Oil makes your make up move, the make up appears a few shades darker than it actually is and it just does not look appealing.

I have been using this product for about one week now, and it has a really calming affect on my skin. It says "when skin irritations occur, use less often", and this is obviously because this product has been made for oily skin, and I now can see that some areas in my face get a little bit dry, e.g. my cheeks. I honestly don't think this is bad, I'm just gonna leave my cheeks out from now on. If I had normal oily skin it would probably not be the case, but it happens that I have oily and really sensitive skin. I still get oily, but it takes hours longer and my T-zone feels and looks a lot better.

I sometimes have a few breakouts, normally on my chin. The morning after my first use, my skin felt and looked better! This has not changed. I'm using this twice a day. I guess the trick is using a small amount of this. It lathers anyways and it is enough!

The reason I'm giving this 4/5 stars is because I really like this product, but it's not like I'm absolutely crazy about it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/3/2014 4:46:00 PM More reviews by DoWhatUWant

I've tried literally hundreds of face washes to try and treat acne prone skin, and this one is good-at first. I saw results from the first few times of using it, spots dried up and went away. However once I started using routinely it just seemed to stop having any sort of effect . I bought loads of bottles on a deal in The Body Shop so now i'm just using them because I don't want to waste my money. It does make you feel really clean though, and only a small amount is required so one bottle lasts for ages- you really get your moneys worth. Packaging is okay, doesn't really matter to me though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2013 12:01:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

I have normal/combination skin depends on the weather. No acne, break out sometimes. I just used it twice so can't tell the exact feeling about it. So far, it's winter, my skin is normal in this time of the year, but this isn't dry my skin at all like some people said. Will keep using it and comment back

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by lotusfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought a travel sized version of this at Ulta to try out and so far I am impressed. I have oily but sensitive skin so I was a little apprehensive about trying this cleanser. It has been the case for me for years when it came to cleansers from The Body Shop. Many people either hate or love them. This gives a good amount of lather and my face gets a cooling effect once I rinse it off which is not a bad thing for me. It actually feels good, especially in the morning. It doesn't leave my face feeling dry and my face still feels soft. It has a good smell to my nose. If you can tolerate tea tree oil based products, then you will like this. My face never gets red and overly oily after using this and it does help with the hormonal acne and clogged pores I get. I'm considering getting a bigger bottle. Update: 1/4/14 Well, I am boosting this up to five lippies from four lippies. My skin is really responding well and has more clarity in terms of skin texture. It feels soft and I don't get as greasy as I have with other cleansers. I have been following it with pure argan oil and it has been a good combo. My face actually glows in the morning and has less redness. I am definitely getting a bigger bottle of this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:29:00 PM More reviews by Calciium

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this face wash exclusively for over 5 years, tried a few others before but I've always come back to it!

I have quite oily skin so I need a face wash that can help control that. This stuff works, and it also smells great! Another upside is that it doesn't have salicylic acid in it. The majority of face washes for oily/acne prone skin contain salicylic acid, which is great and all, but I prefer to spot treat with it since it can be extremely drying. Tea tree oil can be drying, however, with my skin it's just what I need, it keeps a nice balance, I do get oily during the day, but it's not nearly as bad as not washing my face, and I have zero dry patches on my face.

This face wash is not for everyone, like I said before, tea tree oil can be very drying. For combination skin I'd honestly recommend mixing it with another facial wash, or only using it during breakouts. If you do experience a lot of dryness.

I've used it for years though, the formula has changed a bit, but it's still amazing. It's also quite affordable, since The Body Shop frequently has those buy 3 get 2 free sales, and other sales of that sort.

If you have oily skin, give this a try. If you have any issues with dryness, I suggest you give this product a pass. If you have combination skin, use with caution or dilute it to avoid dry patches.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2013 10:47:00 AM More reviews by Emma42

This is my HG of face washes. I have acne prone oily skin, and this wash clears my skin up like nothing else. I have been using it continually for around 6 months. The cost is very reasonably, and a bottle will last between 1 and 2 months. Highly recommend this, even for the cost you should give it a go!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:28:00 PM More reviews by chantililly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product about a week ago and I love it. Before then I had resorted to trying all-natural to banish my adult acne (honey face masks, exfoliating with sugar, washing at night with plain warm water) with the exception of Simple face wipes to take off my makeup. However, after I discovered that my breakouts were at least partially due to my Illamasqua foundation and switched to mineral foundation, I decided to renovate my skincare regime too and went for this along with Body Shop's Vitamin E oil.

The first night, I was a little anxious about it as I noticed it contained salicylic acid, which wasn't something I had used before and I didn't know much about how it worked. It didn't seem to irritate my skin, which I took as a good sign, so I washed it off, applied the vitamin E oil and went to bed. When I woke up in the morning, I couldn't help noticing that my girlfriend kept staring at me. I eventually asked what was wrong and she said-- "Nothing, you just look so pretty. I can't believe it." Curious, I went to the mirror, and I was startled to see that my skin hadn't looked so good since I left my mid-teens. The pimples I hadn't extracted were gone, and the ones I had were almost completely healed. My pores had shrunk and my skin looked even, fresh, and glowing.

My only complaint is that my skin has become a little more sensitive since I started using this. I'm not surprised since I already have sensitive skin to start with, but once my skin has completely cleared up I think I'm going to limit my use of this cleanser to a couple of nights a week and find something a bit more natural and gentle for the rest of the week. However, I think this is the best product I've found so far for my acne and general skintone, and I'm excited to see the long-term improvements using a product with salicylic acid will have on my hyperpigmentation and pores.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/3/2013 12:56:00 PM More reviews by Kjameyson

The product itself was awful for me, and my younger 14 year old sister who struggles with severe acne. I only have random breakouts and this cleanser turned them from random into a constant, massive breakout that took me months to recover from after stopping use. I'm sure it works well for alot of people, tea tree being healing and all, but this def wasn't good for my 23 year old skin, or my sisters 14 year old skin, which was also made worse.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/26/2013 4:34:00 AM More reviews by kbono23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I found this product harsh on my skin, the sent was also very overpowering and made my eyes water badly! sadly couldn't make myself finish it, it was that bad!!