April 16, 2014 | 1914 users online

Cleansers - The Body Shop - Tea Tree Oil Face Wash

rated 4 of 5 on 9/9/2013 10:14:00 AM More reviews by lonileverz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff actually does what it says on the tin! It removes oil and makeup really easily without leaving any traces behind and helps to control breakouts after prolonged use - but you HAVE to give it a chance, nothing works immediately!!

I have just gone back to using this stuff after trying to go down a more natural route (OCM) but I found that the body shop stuff works so much better and I'm going to stick to it from now on.

My spots haven't completely cleared up and I do get oily skin later in the day after washing my face but my spots have still improved massively, I think by combining this product with clay masks and baking soda and honey exfoliator I will manage to get my skin clear in 3 weeks ready for uni!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2013 10:33:00 PM More reviews by muzikmk18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This stuff is amazing for cleaning brushes. I know that's not the purpose of this facial cleanser but that's what I have been using it as. It gets rid of all the pigments on my brushes and make them look like new. Also, the tea tree help eliminate any bacteria that may be on the brushes. I have used a few makeup brush cleansers and to be honest they all didn't clean very well which is why I'm already on my second bottle (it does last you quite a well though).

I have used this as a facial cleanser and I do like it as well but I don't see any amazing result. The scent may be off putting to some people (actually the whole tea tree line at TBS has a strong fragrance) but I don't mind it. It isn't the cheapest product out there but TBS always has some kind of sale so i usually get it then.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2013 3:35:00 AM More reviews by rainingice

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Didn't really notice anything amazing with this face wash, but it did clean my face sufficiently and controlled my breakouts well enough. I noticed my acne slowly diminishing over a couple months, but I didn't get the "refreshing" feeling I was expecting from the face wash. Overall, I like the it, but it didn't amaze me.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2013 11:31:00 PM More reviews by lbxgreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

After reading all the reviews on this product on The Body Shop's official website, I wanted to try it out so bad to see if it clears up my acne. Although this did clear up most of my acne on my forehead & oily t-zone, it also broke me out. =/ One pustule would form then it would go away and another pustule shows up...on and on. More pimples began to form under my jawline. All of this happened within a week of usage.I should have read the ingredients before buying this. I found out this wash has sodium lauryl sulfate, which is a very known/common skin irritant.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2013 7:03:00 PM More reviews by Pay17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Very refreshing. This product feels amazing when I use body shops new face brush, and after I use the face wash my pores look emptied and clean. I love it. It has a cooling effect and if you have oily skin it drys it in a good way so no really recommended for people with dry skin. But overall it's affective :)

rated 3 of 5 on 8/9/2013 12:35:00 PM More reviews by santiyunita

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

At the first usage, it really clean my exceed oil so my face wasnt so shiny. But after few months it seems not to work well as much as it was.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 10:09:00 PM More reviews by teddykar97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really like this face wash. It cleanses my skin and keeps breakouts at bay. But I also think the reason this face wash works so well with me is HOW I use it. I first put a quarter size amount onto my hand and then rub both hands together until I get a really nice foam, then I apply the foam onto my face. I feel like this way the cleanser is a lot gentler and lightweight but it is still effective for treating breakouts. I know there's a foam version of this cleanser but it does not work nearly as well as this cleanser. I would recommend this with anyone with mild/moderate acne.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2013 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Dixie92

I do not have words to explain how much I love this product! It is by far One of the best face wash I've ever used! I have a very oily T-zone and had some blackheads on my nose area and this wash made all that go away! I have been using this along with the toner and the night lotion and it does wonders for my face! I literally have tried everything for my oily T-zone and this product made my oily face disappear! My face used to get greasy within 30 mins top after doing my makeup and after using this followed my MAC's prep+ prime my face has looked amazing! Everyone at my work noticed and compliment me a lot. I work at a Golden Corral and working in the bakery sucks do to the heat and I would come out a mess outta there but now my makeup looks perfectly fine do to this little guy along with the toner and night lotion. I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone with oily skin! People with dry skin should stay far away from it though because this will dry you out a lot more! I love this product and I will DEFINITELY be re-purchasing this!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by PulolthicPat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love love LOVE this face wash! The smell is so great and I love the fact that it gives you that cool sensation after washing your face. It does a great job of removing oil but it tends to be a little drying if you use too much. As for acne control goes, I don't see much of a difference. This wash is a little pricey but I still love it because one bottle can last me for quite a while! Would definitely repurchase until i find sth better.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/17/2013 2:42:00 AM More reviews by barbiepham

I hate this product so much. It really broke me out. Before I was using Biore's blemish ice cleanser and decided that I should switch up my make up. Worst mistake. I got so many break outs on my forehead and on my skin, just no. It was horrible. When I switched back, most of it disappeared. I was recommended the entire line from my friend who has PERFECT skin and she says she swears by this product. I think she just has naturally beautiful skin because this was so terrible. Also some of my other friends have tried this and hate it as well. I have the entire line in my bathroom cabinet still and it is almost full. It was pretty cheap since I got it on sale but whatever, still not worth it. Packaging is bad too, I personally prefer bottles with the pump. Would totally not buy this ever again and wouldn't recommend.