August 30, 2014 | 965 users online

Blush - Everyday Minerals - Blush

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 10:40:00 PM More reviews by belletrist9

I had to buy a lot of samples to figure out which colors would be good on me, especially as I feel that the color swatches on the website don't really represent the actual colors very well at all.

I really love EM though, because their products don't contain extra fillers and bismuth oxychloride. BareMinerals makes my cheeks break out slightly, but EM doesn't. EM doesn't last as long for me, but I'd rather have the blush not last as long than deal with annoying blemishes on my cheeks that never seem to go away.

Snuggle + Raw Sugar + Corner Office = my HG blush

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2008 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Eynav

I'm in love with Everyday Minerals blushes! I have Best Friends which is a cool mauve-pink and New Car's Smell which is a peachy coral and they are both beautiful and long lasting. the pigment is very good and they are easy to blend. The full size is way too big to use it up, but if you buy it in a 12 kit (50$) it is only 4.16$ per blush and it is a very good price. The lid of the full size is very wide and comfort to use.

I would definitly buy more colors of these blushes!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2008 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Newbie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The Snuggle blush is perfect for me, or maybe I can be so bold as to say it will suit everyone. This blush is perfect for everyday wear as it gives a nice glow on the cheeks. It is a bit peachy and is catagorized under sheen, this makes the blush blend in lovely. I highly recommend this blush, for me it is perfect and i truly lasts all day. I was impressed after i purchased this product, and will repurchase

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Linnc

I like the color and texture of these blushes, but the loose ones are a bit messy and the pressed ones are smelly. I have no problem with the pressed foundation's smell, only the pressed blushes. Overall, packaging is not convenient, but I'd repurchase anyway.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2008 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Jolly_C

I have at least 15 EM blushes. One or two are a disappointment but the other ones are pretty good. [Stay away from the Launch Party blush!] Due to EM's expansion of their own blush line, I think you have a good selection of blushes (69 as of today) from which you can pick and choose. I like how their blushers are versatile: you can use some for eye shadows and lip colors, you can mix them, and you can lighten them with some foundation. You also have a few blush finishes: matte, sheen, lucent, and shimmer.

Right now, darker women might have some trouble finding a good EM blush since they're formulated for women who are fair to medium, but word is that they're "working on it." For individual use, you only need blush in the sample or mini sized jars.

I advise against getting the full sized jars. Since there's so much product, you might die before you get to finish it. If you have a problem with your blushes turning orange on you, try to get cool color blushes (like Apple) or blushes which are more pink than peach (such as Plum Dust instead of Weekend Getaway). I also find that the peachy EM blushes are more likely to fade after sweating/ 8 hours. Here are my blush recommendations, based one what I have so far:

For fair skin:
- Apple, matte, rosy pink
- Nick Nack, matte, mostly pink

For fair-medium/ medium skin:
- Bouquet [discontinued], matte, soft/ dull pink (very blendable)
- Plum Dust, matte, a warm pink with a warm reddish tone
- Theme Park, shimmer, rosy pink (like Nick Nack, only darker and with sparkle)
- Walkee Talkee, sheen, pinkish purple
- Weekend Getaway, matte, mostly peach with pink undertones

For darker skin:
- B&B, shimmer, highly pigmented warm peach (use with a light hand),
- Deep Wine, matte, a warm pink with more warm reddish tones (like Plum Dust but darker and more reddish)
- Sunday Brunch, matte grapefruit color

Last update: 4/8/09

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 8:12:00 AM More reviews by urstandingonmytoes

I have knick knack/apple/pink ribbon...they ALL turn ORANGE on me. I am fair and cool toned and I bought these because they were PINK, but that's not the color I get on my skin. I didn't realize it was happening until I pulled down the visor in my car on a sunny day and in the mirror I looked a bit like an Oompah Loompah!!! I was completely disappointed, especially in pink ribbon ( being a mastectomy pt anything that supports breast cancer awareness I'm on board with!) it was a gorgeous shimmery light baby pink and I'm envious of anyone that gets its true color on their skin! One good thing, I found the blush didn't last long so my orange cheeks were mostly faded to nothing about 2 hours after application....so this time, poor lasting power actually worked in my favor! As an FYI: I used this over EM foundation and without a primer. I have since moved on to Alima/Silk Naturals foundations which both give me a more flawless finish and for blush---I FINALLY found my perfect pink (NYX PINKIE). However, I gave it 2 lippies because if you can get these to work for you and show up their true color then they would be beautiful.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2008 12:52:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I hate to say this but it seems like every single blush I've bought oxidises on me, hence I have to remove a lippie. I have tried about 4 different ones and no matter how pink they are in the little jar, they are guaranteed to turn peach on me after a few hours of wear - even Walkee Talkee which is such a lovely soft pink! I think this can happen to those with golden undertones in the skin. It is a known issue on the Everyday Minerals forums...

Having said all that though, I do recommend these blushes because they are just wonderful. A little goes a long way so it can take a while to work out how much product to use but it's worth it. There are some beautiful shades and sample pots last a long time. Do try one!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2008 9:07:00 PM More reviews by IheartCHA

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love these blushes! Most of them are highly pigmented so a little goes a long way. I used to have to sit and put layers upon layers of other blushes just to get color. They blend in with the other mineral makeup flawlessly. They come in Matte, Shimmer, Sheen and Lucent. I haven't tried Matte but Shimmer has a great color payoff. Most that I have tried have been highly pigmented. Lucent is very natural and very light coverage. The color payoff in Sheen is in between ther Shimmer and Lucent famillies. Some of the Sheen blushes are shimmerly, but not as sparkly looking as the Shimmer family. Most people are frightened by the Shimmers beacuse they do seem very sparkly... but they give you such a nice glow. You won't look like you rubbed body glitter all over your face. I only buy the samples of the blushes...[$2.50 each] since I like to collect them and they will seriously last me forever.. and I'm ok with that. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by USCfashionista

I cannot rave enough about the quality and reasonably priced Everyday Minerals! Their blushes have a wide spectrum of colors. The blushes are categorized under finishes: matte, sheen, shimmer and lucent. I have about 20 of the blushes and have to say that they are very finely milled and soft to the touch. You can order a free sample kit which will include a blush of your choice, if you wanted to try out the colors before buying. I bought my blushes even before trying them out because of the great reviews on MUA and YouTube. I have also been buying the large jars to mix my shades! I feel like a makeup chemist! Hehe. I have also tried pressing the blushes and they make great eye shadow colors too. Some of my most favorite blushes are: Shortcake, Salon Fun, Apple, All Smiles, Best Friends, Pink Ribbon, Nick Nack, and Plum Dust. I always end up buying the largest custom kit which is $50 for any 12 items of your choice. When you think about it, it's only around $4 an item! This is a amazing deal. I was a skeptic at first. I was a Nars blush lover, but I have been converted to EM. Now when I go out I find myself reaching for my EM blushes instead of Nars. Another thing, if you are in love with Nars' Orgasm blush like I am, you must try EM's All Smiles blush. I think it's a great dupe!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2008 8:03:00 PM More reviews by jenaht

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Let me just get this said before I go further. Before June of 2007, I hadn't worn blush on my face probably 15 years. I never needed it as my face gets nice and pink [yuck] on it's own. June of 2007 is when I first tried BE makeup and liked a couple of their very light face colors. That was before my face started to react to their product and I came upon my beloved Everyday Minerals.

Then my new love affair with blushes and face colors REALLY began. Everyday Minerals makes a truly superior face color and/or blush. At least for me. I tend to like more subtle color - so keep that in mind as you read this review. Again I'm coming off years of "too pink" in the face to really want any more color than I get naturally you know? The colors are very subtle and pretty sheer. There is a really nice BIG selection of mattes, shimmers, and more sparklies. Practically something for everyone. The color lasts a long time once applied and goes on very nicely and evenly.

I do wish there were more lavender-toned blushes. But they are definitely developing blushes all of the time. And apparently their pinks aren't...."true" pinks according to some folks but that is due to the fact that Carina won't use carmine or something like that so it makes it harder to get the minerals to get truly pink and stay that way.

The blushes are pretty versatile - I've actually found that several of them work fantastically as eye-shadows that I do use a lot. My favorites for that are: Coffee Break, Raw Sugar, Splendid, Waffle Cone, Yard Sale, Veranda, Spring Clean, Natural, Wet Sand, Sandy Bottom, etc.

As a Fawn [my EM foundation color] my VERY favorite blushes to wear in general are: Yard Sale **MY FAVE**, Summer Stroll, Daydream, Soft Bronzer, Soft Touch, Light Pink, Wet Sand, Light Peach, Morning Cup, Champagne, Sandy Bottom, Waffle Cone

I cannot believe how much blush and/or face colors I now own - and that is all due to the loveliness of this particular product. And it's versality. I highly recommend them. I know that some find that they aren't very highly pigmented, but some of the shades really are - I just don't buy them for myself since I like more subtle color. Again - they last long and go on nice and sheerly smooth and even.

One of the great things about this company is that you can put in a blush to try when you order a foundation sample kit. How many other companies do you know that will do that? You can order these in small sizes as well - instead of larges if you are uncertain about a shade. And the price is just unbelieveably reasonable.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No