New York Color Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil - all

Price: $

on 8/17/2010 12:07:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

This eyeliner is my go-to everyday HG eyeliner! I'm always running late in the mornings, so my eye makeup consists solely of quickly lining my eyes with this pencil before running out the door. The texture of this pencil is to die for! The line goes on very easily without any tugging and it is soft enough so that you can use a finger to clean up any messy areas. But after it sets, this stuff will last throughout the day! I do see fading when I'm hot and sweaty days, meaning that it's not truly waterproof, so I have to reapply in that case. But since this is only $3.99 and readily available at your local drugstore, who can complain? I use "Dark Brown" (dark brown like the name suggests) on my upper lashline almost religiously and "Mink" (a lighter medium brown) on my lower lashline if I have enough time to add definition to my eyes. I also have "Smoky Plum" (a blackened eggplant shade), which I like to pair with plum/purple eyeshadow. I love these!

on 8/14/2010 1:49:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I love this eyeliner !
simple as that . It has good staying power. I have sleep with this eyeliner on and cry with this eyeliner on but it never betray me or leave me with those dreaded raccoon eyes . The pigment is nice , dark enough to make a statement yet not dark enough to scare the living daylight out of peoples. I alway get compliments when i am sporting this eyeliner. I also use this to line my waterline and it has never fail in giving me a dramatic look. Although the only complaint i have about this product is the packaging . the lead is far too big and the pencil is a tad bit short compare to n.y.c other eyeliners . It is hard to find a sharpener to sharpen this eyeliner and the lead would get dull really quick, but despite that this eyeliner is very high quality for its price( 2-3 dollars depending on where you live ) . I totally reccomend this to everyone in need of a cheap and handy eyeliner ^-^

I bought this eyeliner in Minx,It dries out horribly fast and wont even show up on the waterline,unlike their dollar eyeliners which actually do. I wouldn't repurchase

on 6/30/2010 5:27:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

I love N.Y.C. waterproof liners. They do last all day for me and come in a good color selection. The only thing I don't like is that they tend to dry quickly. Not fast enough that it can't be used for a smoky eye, but I actually find myself having to sharpen the pencil before going to the other eye because it dried out. When it's not dried it has a nice consistency but it definitely goes on more matte than creamy, but still very blendable. The best thing about the eyeliner of course is price, they go for around $3 depending on place of purchase and considering the quality, you get a lot for your money. Overall a great inexpensive liner!

on 5/22/2010 1:49:00 PM

I bought this for the really nice reviews here on mua.
I also really needed a waterproof eyeliner from the drugstores.

I really expected this to be waterproof but when I apply it on my wtaerline; but after an hour maybe it started to fade.
but that's probably because I have really watery rims.

on 4/21/2010 9:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this a couple of day ago at CVS for the buy one get one free sale they had for NYC. I picked out the black and dark brown shade. So far i like this a lot better than there regular eyeliners since it doesnt tug on my waterline like the other one does. IT glides on super easy and its waterproof. Good deal but it only get for 4 lippies since it's not retractable.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

this is one of the best eyeliners, ever. the first time i used it i put on my waterline, then hours later when i looked in the mirror i was shocked to see it was still there! i only have the teal one. its not obnoxious, and a nice twist instead of using black or brown. great product,great buy.

on 4/11/2010 6:35:00 PM

This is one of the best eyeliners I have ever tried. I use it to line my lower waterline, and the staying power is great.

The smoky plum is a bit harder to apply on the waterline than the other colors, but it doesn't drag or tug at all. Application can be achieved with a few more strokes.

This eyeliner makes my eyes absolutely pop! I have gotten many compliments with it on.

I put it on around 7 in the morning to go to school, and its still there when I get home around 4 pm. There is some fading in boldness, but its barely noticable. A tip for even LONGER lasting on the waterline is to use a dry q-tip and wipe the moisture off your waterline, then apply the liner.

The setting time for this wonderful liner is about 30 seconds, so you have some time to add the smokey effect. After it sets, it will not budge or some unless you harshly rub your eyes.

The application is smooth, buttery, and creamy. The vitamin E in it makes it glide on your waterline.

The price makes this truly a miracle. It's the only eyeliner I have ever bought twice, and I don't plan on stopping until I find an even better one (which I think is impossible as this eyeliner is great!!) :)

I even went swimming in the ocean on a hot day, and when I got home and looked in the mirror the liner had only faded a bit and there was a little smudging under my eyes, but not a big problem.

The shimmer is tiny, slightly noticeable, but certainly not childish-girly-glittery at all. I love how it makes my eyes pop.

on 12/15/2009 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

If you have oily eye lids than this will smudge on you. Just like any eyeliner you're going to have to set it with an eyeshadow of the similar color. If you have oily eyelids first apply an eye primer like udpp or a matte foundation like revlon's mineral mousse makeup. set with powder and then apply the eyeliner set it with eyeshadow so it won't fade.
it has been working for me and i love it. Its glides but it ain't soft like the 24/7 glide on pencil

on 12/12/2009 3:32:00 PM

Best pencil eyeliner ever! I am STOCKING UP! I don't have this brand where I live, and now on vacation, I bought the brown to try and absolutely loved it! I went back and got the smoky plum and loved it too!

These are budge-proof on my oily lids and even better than the famous Urban Decay 24/7 liners. I am SO in love! Yippee!!