Almay Oil-free eye makeup remover liquid

2.2

Water (Aqua), Poloxamer 184, Butylene Glycol, Disodium Lauroamphodiacetate, Sodium Trideceth Sulfate, Hexylene Glycol, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Citric Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, Phenoxyethanol

on 2/23/2012 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Dried my eyes so bad, I couldn't wear makeup for a MONTH.

on 1/4/2012 10:49:00 PM

Burned my eyes so much and yet removed so little makeup that I thought I was accidentally using TONER. Seriously did not remove any mascara whatsoever (not waterproof) Horrible product, waste of money.

on 12/2/2011 11:27:00 PM

Don't buy this.
Complete waste of money..
It burned my eyes, and couldn't even remove my mascara. I scrubbed my eyes for 10 minutes and it still didn't remove all of it. If you need an eye makeup remover, Target's Up&Up generic brand works much better than this.

on 10/30/2011 11:29:00 AM

I got a sample size of this makeup remover when I purchased an Almay mascara to try on clearance.
Worst stuff ever. It only took off my eyeshadow, which shall I mention was QUITE a job. Left my liner and mascara smudged and my eyes stung. Really not a fan of this product.

on 10/22/2011 7:34:00 PM

I noticed that they changed the packaging so I'm not sure if the formula is still the same but I am reviewing the purple bottle. I'm quite surprised at all the negative reviews so I may be in the minority since I actually did like the product. The price was great and it did a pretty decent job of removing my eye makeup remover but not all of my hard-to-remove waterproof eyeliner which is why I took one star off. So if you're a broke college student like me who doesn't want to spend much on a makeup remover (I've noticed that makeup prices have gone up so many for drugstores in recent years) give this product a try --assuming that the formulation is still the same of course.

on 10/16/2011 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This doesn't remove any eye makeup for me. It stings and its hard to get the mascara and my gel liner off. I prefer sonia kashuk eye makeup remover a thousand times over and it only cost about 3 dollars more from target. I ran out of my sonia kashuk so i tried this one and it took me about 20 minutes to get everything off. I am disappointed and will not repurchase.

on 10/11/2011 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Burns my eyes badly. Will never buy again.

on 8/9/2011 2:42:00 PM

Honestly, I fell in love with the Target generic brand, and I think it's generic for Oil of Olay. I went to Target, and it wasn't there, so I settled for this. I have kind of freakishly long lashes from Latisse. The first night I used this to remove my eye make up (mac eyeliner, Mac eye shadow, Maybelline Falsie's Mascara). My eyeliner and mascara would not remove. I then had to use Trader Joe's makeup remover to remove the rest of the eye make-up. I tried it again the next night, using more product. It was a fair improvement, but I woke up with eyeliner on the bottom lid. So the next night, I used even more product. This is craziness. I don't like it. I will use it until I buy something different. olive oil works better than this, but it burns.

08/28/2011: I keep waking up with mascara shadow on the bottom lid....never ever again.

on 8/9/2011 10:39:00 AM

I honestly remember this product being soo much better. It does what its supposed to when it comes to taking off facial makeup and what not, but I'll tell you....mascara-nothing came off. Yes, I like to use a waterproof mascara because I like how it holds a curl better than regular formula. However, I would have had the same result if I tried to use water....either my mascara is amazingly waterproof, or this isn't as good as I remember. I think its the later. Also, I love the fact its oil free, but seriously Almay- I thought you were all about hypoallergenic, I dont wear contacts, but trying to take off the mascara- my eyes were drying and SUPER itchy even like 20 minutes later, I found I was still rubbing my eyes. And I do not have sensitive eyes, I am a non contact wearer-just to give you an idea. The only way I ended up getting my mascara off was because I tried really hard to rub it off and ended up losing a few lashes...at least they grow back every 28 days! but still... I'd like my makeup remover to take off all my makeup, not some of it.

Since I have a whole bottle of this....I'll use it to remove my foundation and whatnot, but I'll avoid this on my eyes...I will not be repurchasing.

on 8/8/2011 1:42:00 PM

This is my HG makeup remover. I use it to take off foundation, non-waterproof mascara, under eye concealer, eyeliner and eyeshadow. Since I don't use waterproof mascara I can't comment on how effective it is on that but I do know it works great on everything else, especially my foundation which I wear everyday. Colorstay foundation is notoriously hard to get off, but I find that it comes off very easily with this makeup remover. I have rosacea, acne and very sensitive skin so I really like how I don't need to rub very much to get everything off my face. It doesn't irritate my skin/eyes or cause redness. There's no dry patches or oiliness left behind either. There is a scent, but it's not that strong. I honestly don't understand the bad reviews! Unless you are trying to take off waterproof mascara, this stuff works perfectly.