September 2, 2014 | 1514 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Almay - Moisturizing eye makeup remover liquid

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2010 10:27:00 PM More reviews by thriftesfai

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I didn't think it did a very good job. It took me a long time to get my mascara to come off (it wasn't waterproof) and kinda stung my eye area. Would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2010 3:20:00 PM More reviews by katrosado5

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wish that when I was younger that someone had taught me that in order to remove waterproof makeup you must use an oil based makeup remover.

It would have saved me years of breakouts. I use this to remove my makeup not just my eye makeup. I do not apply this with a cotton ball. I don't have time or patience to play with it like that. I pour a small amount of this in my palm, rub my hands together and rub this all over my face and quickly over my eyes to start dissolving my eye makeup.

I then begin to remove it with tissues. I reapply and remove with tissues. Then I apply it to a cotton ball and get the last bit of eye makeup off.

Once and only once I have every bit of makeup off, I can cleanse my skin correctly. I made the mistake for years thinking I could wash off water proof makeup and cleanse my skin at the same time. That's a huge no go for me. I absolutely must get that makeup off and this does the trick. Then I can cleanse my skin and afterwards apply treatments and they can do their job overnight.

I think it's important to seperate the steps of makeup removal and cleansing. Not all of us are born with beautiful carefree skin and there are some of us that need to be very diligent in skin care. If you fall into that category please consider to add that step into your regimine. I am teaching my daughters this step and they haven't had makeup related problems with their skin so far. They inherited my needy skin too.

This product works just as well as high end oil based removers and is less costly. I highly recommend it for those with oily problematic skin. Trust me on this one. Just make sure to wash the makeup remover completely from your skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by adudle00

I really don't like this product. It does usually remove most of my makeup, but it seriously burns and stings my eyes/eyelids and is extremely oily. I actually dread having to take off my eye makeup when this is the only remover I have. I'm trying to use up the bottle so I don't waste it, but I would NEVER buy this again. This stuff is just terrible...and anything BUT moisturizing! Save your money-don't but this!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2010 2:48:00 PM More reviews by OliveButtercup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I always buy this when I can't find my Neutrogena makeup remover. It's like half as good. It doesn't remove all my mascara and it makes my eyes burn. For people who think this is the best makeup remover they've ever used, you need to try Neutrogena. It gets every last trace of mascara within seconds.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/23/2010 9:00:00 AM More reviews by iheartproducts

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is really bad makeup remover. I wash my face with oil cleanser, so it's not like I'm not used to the oiliness. but this stuff feels straight up greasy. and the worst part is that it doesn't even remove liquid or cream eyeliner! total waste, don't buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2010 3:02:00 AM More reviews by sugarbrokespice

I'm surprised that this product has so many negative reviews. This is my go-to eye makeup remover. It's the only one that I've used that works so well. All of my makeup comes right off when I use this, even waterproof mascara. It's very concentrated, so just one cotton ball dipped in this product does the trick for removing eye makeup from both of my eyes.
However, it is on the oily side, and I can see how that may be a turn off for some people. I actually prefer an eye makeup remover that is more oily, since I feel those kinds tend to keep the skin of my eye area moisturized better.
I use this before I wash my face, then I take a dry tissue and wipe away any remaining residue from my eye area. This system works extremely well for me and I'm never left with any oily residue or eye makeup left behind.
I also like that this product is as gentle as it is effective. It never irritates or stings my eyes.
The only down side to this product is that I feel that the packaging is a little on the cheap side. Usually it's very hard to find one in the store that doesn't have the label pealing off around the edges or something. Not really THAT big a deal, I just wish there was a little more thought put into the package.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/5/2010 7:07:00 PM More reviews by plf1988

I just bought this today. I don't ever want to use it again. It did a good job taking off my eyeshadow but barely made a dent in my mascara. Seriously greasy, I can't get rid of the oily film. And causes BLURRY vision. My CVS brand eye makeup remover is better than this!

Previously gave this a 2, but I'm moving it to a 1 because it BURNS. I tried a couple different shadows, removed them 2-3 times and on the third the corner of my eyelid was on fire and it didn't go away. Really hope walmart takes this back.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2009 7:47:00 PM More reviews by midnight_muse

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Not very effective; took forever to remove my mascara and I don't use waterproof. Made my eyes sting badly. Left a notable shiny/greasy residue which took a while to wash off.

Worst of all, it caused blurry vision -- not the momentary blur I get with Clinique Take the Day Off (the kind of thing I imagine you'd get with *any* oily remover) -- but blurred vision, off and on, for about 2 HOURS after use. I would not have been comfortable using this and then driving.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2009 12:41:00 AM More reviews by xrowenax

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product doesn't do a good job at removing eye makeup. It says it removes waterproof mascara, but even after washing my face, I still end up with racoon eyes because the product didn't get all of it. I don't really like that it leaves my eye area greasy, but I guess it's not all that bad if you wash your face after using it. I hate that it irritates my eyes, that's the worst part aboutt this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2009 11:31:00 AM More reviews by gloss15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

this remover does not remove the eye makeup quickly. But it has not irritated my eyes at all. And my eyes are allergic to a lot of chemical products. The cap on the bottle also has a double lock twist, so the liquid isn't wasted, another plus. Recommended for sensitive skin/eyes. Elizabeth arden's dual phase eye makeup remover is another good one to try.