April 20, 2014 | 1964 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Primer SPF 15 with Dermaxyl

rated 2 of 5 on 4/13/2010 9:53:00 PM More reviews by barneyslover

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

First and foremost I have to say that my rating is primarily based on packaging. I have used this twice and its essentially another layer - not that great at "filling in" those lines but I am very, very expressive - constantly laughing so my face is scrunched up about 25% of the day. Anyway - when I asked the Sephora salesperson for a sample she very nicely went about making me one - first bottle: she pumped once and a little came out. She pumped again and nothing. She conitnued trying but no success. She then got another bottle - she pumped three times and the same thing happened - all clogged - nothing coming out. Third bottle - same thing happened. We both looked inside the bottle and the primer looked crystallized like honey - so no pump will be getting that out. Luckily, Smashbox makes little travel size squeeze bottle of this stuff for $17 (.5 oz) - which as I type I realize is cheaper than the bottle which is $42 for 1 oz....huh - interesting.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2010 1:47:00 PM More reviews by Blondie4445

I love this primer. I have combo skin and this works perfect. My makeup goes on so smooth and stays fresh all day. I highly recomend this product. I will continue to use this and by a full bottle when I finish the small one I bought.

UPDATE: I still love this primer but it broke me out. I Love smashbox primers but can only wear them for about 3 days before they break me out. If you do not have sensitive skin, you might want to give this a try.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Arachne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love how this smoothes my skin, making it the perfect canvas for my foundation. It makes my skin feel so silky. However, as the day goes on I get extremely greasy. For the record, my skin isn't really that oily.

Update 4/7/10 - I went for a facial this evening and my aesthetician was saying my skin looked clogged. I think maybe it's from this primer. I will not use it anymore and I will not repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2010 4:03:00 PM More reviews by BebeLush

This combined with Revlon Colorstay makes my skin look flawless. A neat glow, and no pores! Is a bit greasy, but that is what matt make-up is for. Deducted one lippie because the packaging sucks and it is way too expensive for my budget.

Update: I rated this even lower because it has made me break out. Still looking for the ultimate primer. *sigh*

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2010 9:07:00 PM More reviews by desouterj

I was testing out primers at Sephora and Smashbox's Photo Finish was fantastic, though I went with Too Faced Primed & Poreless, which I love.

I found the Smashbox Photo Finish on Ebay for about half the price from a reputable seller and ordered it. I was pretty happy with the product but after reading some reviews here, I realized that I may have better results if I applied the product then waited about ten minutes before putting on foundation. This filled those very fine lines and very large pores the same as the Too Faced (which does it immediately).

Some reviewers had mentioned a "greasy" feel. This is not true, it just means that they have used too much product. The silicone creates that silky feel, but use sparingly. Others mentioned this product causing break outs. I did not experience this at all and my skin is pretty prone to breaking out because of products.

PROS:
- leaves skin feeling silky all day long
- a little goes a long, long way
- easy application
- little scent if any at all

CONS:
- pricey (but worth it)
- must leave on for several minutes before applying foundation to get the maximum result for large pores an fine lines

rated 1 of 5 on 1/22/2010 8:36:00 AM More reviews by bkaips

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Definitely not worth the price. I see nothing spectacular about this product at all. Sure it glides on smooth, but that's about all it does for me...I don't think it minimizes anything, not pores nor fine lines and I don't think it works all that well under my foundation. It just doesn't do anything for me at all....the packaging as well sucks. The pump on mine broke on day 2 of owning it, just fell apart. So I was reduced to using a q-tip for getting it out. Not worth the effort really so in my beauty junk drawer it went....don't waste your money on this one girls, I know I wont!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:41:00 AM More reviews by lilbeebee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the first primer I had ever tried, instantly fell in love with the way it made my skin feel silky smooth. It minimizes the appearance of pores. One pump is all I need to cover my entire face and neck. This really helps with foundation going on smoothly and evenly. I am not a fan of the pump it tends to stop working after a while, and you end up having to open the container to "scoop" out product. Which to me is gross. As for lasting power, I have oily skin, after a while I notice I am blotting my face, but my makeup doesn't come off while using this product. I would repurchase.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/17/2009 1:24:00 AM More reviews by Bradiette

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Tan, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a fan of this primer because it makes me look greasy. I like the smooth feel of it and the way my makeup goes on over it, but I'm often blotting even before my makeup goes on. Because it sits in my drawer I'll use it when I'm leaving the house for like one class, but I won't spend all day fighting the greasiness of it. It may just be me since I tend to be oily anyway, but I need to just throw this out because I always get mad at myself for using it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2009 12:30:00 PM More reviews by PaleIsTheNewTan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Excellent primer. After trying out (and using) the PF Light version for 6 months, and being very impressed, I decided to try out the Dermaxyl/SPF 15 version. Somehow, I'm even more impressed by this one than I am by PF Light.

I've found it does a much better job of diminishing the look of pores versus the PF Light. It also leaves a silkier, more hydrated finish on the skin than PF Light. I also find I have to use less of this primer (one pump for my whole face versus 2-3 pumps with Light.) Even with the heavier price tag, this seems to cost as much or less than the Light given how many more uses I seem to get out of one bottle. Same average pump & bottle, only this is 0.98 ounces vs. 1.0 ounce of the other Smashbox primers. As for how well it reduces the appearance or wrinkles or signs of aging, ... eh, no noticeable difference.

I found this didn't go as well under MAC's Studio Fix PPF or Sculpt foundations. It did work wonderfully under BB Skin and MUFE HD.

I have dry, sensitive, generally not acne-prone (I'm more of a rash/redness prone kinda girl) and so far, no reactions whatsoever. I would definately reccomend it to dry-normal-combo people who are looking for something that will really diminish pores.

ETA: Took off a lippie for the packaging. After using it for just over 2 months, I noticed I wasn't getting any out of the pump. It's still half-full. I find after every couple of days I have to stir the remaining primer around to get any out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2009 1:54:00 AM More reviews by missred2u

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was never a believer in primer until I tried this. I got a sample at Sephora. Wow. My mineral/powder makeup went on so much more smoothly. I love that it has sunscreen, as sometimes I don't wear my regular moisturizer which has SPF 30. I'll just smooth on some of this on no foundation days to give a semi-matte finish that also protects my skin.

I bought the full size version and it's gonna last me a while. I only use one pump to do my whole face. Would definitely repurchase and recommend.