July 23, 2014 | 2297 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't usually wear waterproof mascara but, it was so hot and humid and really needed one. Since I love the original Great Lash I thought I'd try this one and I think it's awesome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Smudge city on my short, straight, skimpy Asian lashes against my creaseless lids. The pigmentation and effect was nice; Blackest Black is very black, lashes were soft with natural definition, moderate plumping, and decent curl hold! Itís BIG drawback were smudges on my cheeks and lids after less than 2 hours, even with setting powder on my lids and undereye area. Smudging = unusable to me. What a bummer. It is a very nice formula otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to this I used One by One, waterproof. I liked it because it gave me natural looking coat. Great lash is just a good but gives the next step of volume from natural. I dont need a lot of volume nor length. I love that I dont need to scrape off excess mascara on the brush before applying.

I didnt hold up well to my tears and I am unsure of its waterproof effectiveness in the pool or beach. It does smudge a tad bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like regular Great Lash but I ADORE this waterproof formula!

As I have gotten older I have had to really reduce the amount of eye makeup I wear. When I wear too much it makes me look like a clown... I really look awful! This mascara is the perfect amount of lash building, plus it stays on without smearing, running or smudging. I have worn this through 2 hour workouts and its as good as new at the end.

It builds my lashes and lengthens just enough to enhance without looking unnatural. This is exactly the look I am going for. It doesn't build and lengthen a lot, it will just enhance, and it does it so much better than the regular Great Lash formula. Plus, you really *can* afford to replace this every three months. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This was the first mascara I remember using in 8th grade. I remember globbing it on and it being a nasty mess and clumping. I recently reluctantly repurchased, and was pleasantly surprised. If you give your lashes a good curl before this and apply with a very steady hand, it can give a good decent amount of length as well as some volume. It does not give a dramatic effect, but I can tell that I am wearing mascara when I have this on, which is not the same for others. This has the best staying power of any waterproof mascara I've tried, I've worn this to band camp and pool parties and this sucker will not budge until you come in there with the makeup remover. I do not think this is the best drugstore mascara out there or deserves all of the hype, and I would not reccomend this for someone with really short lashes, but I think this works pretty well. and for the staying power and the price it is good. I like this for long summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by physicalscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to base coat mascara, I have been using it for over 5 years. I keep trying other products and I always come back to it.

It comes off when I want it to, and stays put when I need it to.

It is NOT a volumizing product. By itself it is a very natural looking type of mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for the price! I use a thin coat of this before applying my regular mascara (usually Covergirl Lash Blast) and it really helps hold the curl and separate my lashes. Cannot go without this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyLuv2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara for everyday use,but the fact that I accidentally got waterproof saddened me...
It is a great starter mascara or a mascara for when you wanna look straight up natural. It lengthens my lashes really good(though it isn't the same for all people) If you have an extra 5 dollars to just throw away on something, use it on this!
It isn't the best...or the worst mascara out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for decades and it's the best mascara for me. I've tried Lancome, Clinique, L'Oreal, CoverGirl, and on and on and have never found anything that's as lightweight (doesn't flatten out my lash curl) and stays on all day without smudging on my oily skin. I think it receives a lot of hate because it doesn't build all that well, and it's hard to get a thick, lush look with this... and that's why I like it. I prefer a more natural look, and that's what I get with Great Lash. Just enough umph to keep me from looking like I just got up but not so much that I look like an older woman wearing too much eye makeup. I usually always have it on hand in black, brownish black and brown (which is hard to find). It can be a bit difficult to remove (even with Neutrogena wipes), but that just means a little racoon action under my eyes in the morning, and that doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I've ever used, I wouldn't use it again if someone paid me. I literally feel like I'm rubbing tar on my lashes, it's so messy and impossible to take off even with my expensive eye makeup remover. I tried everything - wet cloths, makeup remover, eye makeup remover, hot water, it just pulled my lashes out. I love the normal great lash and only bought the waterproof version because it was on sale. The only thing this mascara did for me was make my lashes look darker, but I may aswell have worn eyeliner. The product weighed my lashes down so they actually looked shorter than usual and the gloopy consistency meant that they all stuck together. It's definitely overpriced for what it is and for me was a complete waste of money, I would never recommend this stuff. Oh, and to top it off it flakes really badly too!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No