October 1, 2014 | 1568 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/23/2012 7:46:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

I do love this product as a waterproof mascara. I like the Great Lash itself, I don't understand why people say it clumps and gives spider lashes and sucks in general. I am with the people who support Great Lash! As for the product itself, I think it gives great volume. The length factor of this mascara is not the best- this is more for getting that thick, luscious lash look. The downside here is that it does make lashes brittle and dry after you put the product on. However, that prevents it from flaking or smudging, even when completely submerged in water. I would know- I do synchronized swimming, and for that you need a great waterproof makeup kit. Another downside is that it is super hard to take it off with regular makeup remover- I used a special waterproof makeup remover just for that product. Overall, I think this is a great waterproof mascara for only $4! I would definetely recommend it to whoever needs a good waterproof product.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2012 9:54:00 PM More reviews by scandalous

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm a minimalist so my products need to work for me every time. I love this stuff! It builds my lashed better than regular Great Lash plus it'll last through any of my toughest workouts. I don't like to have to worry about running or flaking, and with this I don't. By the time I am ready to take it off in the evening there's slight flaking, but that's to be expected. Great product that I intend to purchase again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2012 11:59:00 PM More reviews by BohemianChic89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't usually wear waterproof mascara but, it was so hot and humid and really needed one. Since I love the original Great Lash I thought I'd try this one and I think it's awesome.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2012 9:39:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

Smudge city on my short, straight, skimpy Asian lashes against my creaseless lids. The pigmentation and effect was nice; Blackest Black is very black, lashes were soft with natural definition, moderate plumping, and decent curl hold! Itís BIG drawback were smudges on my cheeks and lids after less than 2 hours, even with setting powder on my lids and undereye area. Smudging = unusable to me. What a bummer. It is a very nice formula otherwise.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2012 12:18:00 PM More reviews by aeriekah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Prior to this I used One by One, waterproof. I liked it because it gave me natural looking coat. Great lash is just a good but gives the next step of volume from natural. I dont need a lot of volume nor length. I love that I dont need to scrape off excess mascara on the brush before applying.

I didnt hold up well to my tears and I am unsure of its waterproof effectiveness in the pool or beach. It does smudge a tad bit.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2012 4:55:00 PM More reviews by MissMelanieM

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I do not like regular Great Lash but I ADORE this waterproof formula!

As I have gotten older I have had to really reduce the amount of eye makeup I wear. When I wear too much it makes me look like a clown... I really look awful! This mascara is the perfect amount of lash building, plus it stays on without smearing, running or smudging. I have worn this through 2 hour workouts and its as good as new at the end.

It builds my lashes and lengthens just enough to enhance without looking unnatural. This is exactly the look I am going for. It doesn't build and lengthen a lot, it will just enhance, and it does it so much better than the regular Great Lash formula. Plus, you really *can* afford to replace this every three months. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This was the first mascara I remember using in 8th grade. I remember globbing it on and it being a nasty mess and clumping. I recently reluctantly repurchased, and was pleasantly surprised. If you give your lashes a good curl before this and apply with a very steady hand, it can give a good decent amount of length as well as some volume. It does not give a dramatic effect, but I can tell that I am wearing mascara when I have this on, which is not the same for others. This has the best staying power of any waterproof mascara I've tried, I've worn this to band camp and pool parties and this sucker will not budge until you come in there with the makeup remover. I do not think this is the best drugstore mascara out there or deserves all of the hype, and I would not reccomend this for someone with really short lashes, but I think this works pretty well. and for the staying power and the price it is good. I like this for long summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by physicalscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to base coat mascara, I have been using it for over 5 years. I keep trying other products and I always come back to it.

It comes off when I want it to, and stays put when I need it to.

It is NOT a volumizing product. By itself it is a very natural looking type of mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for the price! I use a thin coat of this before applying my regular mascara (usually Covergirl Lash Blast) and it really helps hold the curl and separate my lashes. Cannot go without this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyLuv2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara for everyday use,but the fact that I accidentally got waterproof saddened me...
It is a great starter mascara or a mascara for when you wanna look straight up natural. It lengthens my lashes really good(though it isn't the same for all people) If you have an extra 5 dollars to just throw away on something, use it on this!
It isn't the best...or the worst mascara out there.