April 17, 2014 | 951 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Great Lash Mascara Waterproof

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by kk71350

This was the first mascara I remember using in 8th grade. I remember globbing it on and it being a nasty mess and clumping. I recently reluctantly repurchased, and was pleasantly surprised. If you give your lashes a good curl before this and apply with a very steady hand, it can give a good decent amount of length as well as some volume. It does not give a dramatic effect, but I can tell that I am wearing mascara when I have this on, which is not the same for others. This has the best staying power of any waterproof mascara I've tried, I've worn this to band camp and pool parties and this sucker will not budge until you come in there with the makeup remover. I do not think this is the best drugstore mascara out there or deserves all of the hype, and I would not reccomend this for someone with really short lashes, but I think this works pretty well. and for the staying power and the price it is good. I like this for long summer days.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2012 2:14:00 PM More reviews by physicalscience

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my go-to base coat mascara, I have been using it for over 5 years. I keep trying other products and I always come back to it.

It comes off when I want it to, and stays put when I need it to.

It is NOT a volumizing product. By itself it is a very natural looking type of mascara.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/7/2012 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Jessie93

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Great mascara for the price! I use a thin coat of this before applying my regular mascara (usually Covergirl Lash Blast) and it really helps hold the curl and separate my lashes. Cannot go without this mascara!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2012 1:34:00 PM More reviews by HelloKittyLuv2

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this mascara for everyday use,but the fact that I accidentally got waterproof saddened me...
It is a great starter mascara or a mascara for when you wanna look straight up natural. It lengthens my lashes really good(though it isn't the same for all people) If you have an extra 5 dollars to just throw away on something, use it on this!
It isn't the best...or the worst mascara out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this for decades and it's the best mascara for me. I've tried Lancome, Clinique, L'Oreal, CoverGirl, and on and on and have never found anything that's as lightweight (doesn't flatten out my lash curl) and stays on all day without smudging on my oily skin. I think it receives a lot of hate because it doesn't build all that well, and it's hard to get a thick, lush look with this... and that's why I like it. I prefer a more natural look, and that's what I get with Great Lash. Just enough umph to keep me from looking like I just got up but not so much that I look like an older woman wearing too much eye makeup. I usually always have it on hand in black, brownish black and brown (which is hard to find). It can be a bit difficult to remove (even with Neutrogena wipes), but that just means a little racoon action under my eyes in the morning, and that doesn't bother me.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/12/2012 9:55:00 PM More reviews by LiddleP

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

This is the worst mascara I've ever used, I wouldn't use it again if someone paid me. I literally feel like I'm rubbing tar on my lashes, it's so messy and impossible to take off even with my expensive eye makeup remover. I tried everything - wet cloths, makeup remover, eye makeup remover, hot water, it just pulled my lashes out. I love the normal great lash and only bought the waterproof version because it was on sale. The only thing this mascara did for me was make my lashes look darker, but I may aswell have worn eyeliner. The product weighed my lashes down so they actually looked shorter than usual and the gloopy consistency meant that they all stuck together. It's definitely overpriced for what it is and for me was a complete waste of money, I would never recommend this stuff. Oh, and to top it off it flakes really badly too!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2012 7:45:00 PM More reviews by sensiblenails

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Great basic everyday use mascara!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/20/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by xVegasx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

I recently bought this mascarra beacause I really did not like my MAC false lashes mascarra as it flaked soo bad on me so while i was out shopping i noticed the MAC mascarra had made me look like i had panda eyes i decided to buy a cheap mascarra that i could at least wear for work the next day then i could buy a different mascarra at work but after using this one i realised how long and seperated my lashes looked and i have not bothered buying a new one since,the brush is also good as you can get right in the corner of your eyes.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/29/2012 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ems0985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I absolutely hate this mascara. I have it in very black but for me it still does not provide very much color, even with 2 or 3 coats. It does not give me any length at all, does not give me any volume at all and does not curl well. When I wore this mascara (I wore it a lot bc I wanted to make it work, but I couldn't) my lashes looked very short and stiff and did not curl. I will never buy or use this mascara ever again.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/26/2012 10:26:00 PM More reviews by kimberlygrace

This mascara worked great at first, & I liked it a lot. A couple weeks after I bought it, though, the formula began to get clumpy & more sticky, which made my lashes look disgusting. I bought this originally because it was a cute packaging (I know, I judge make-up by its packaging sometimes), & it was decently inexpensive. I'm not buying it again, though, after I finish up my current bottle. I would just throw it, but I don't want it to go to waste. So I'm using it as a base to my other mascara.