The Body Shop Satsuma Body Butter

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 2/5/2012 1:54:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I absolutely love this body butter. The scent is amazing, and really smells like mandarins. I really got a lot of compliments on it when I open the jar at the nail salon (and you know how strong that place can smell!). I don't find the moisturizing aspect to be that amazing, but it's alright. The body butter absorbs fast and is grease-less - which is a plus for me.

on 1/23/2012 9:57:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

I love The Body Shop's Body Butters. They actually sink into the skin and moisturize instead of just sitting on top of it, they don't feel greasy, and they leave a lovely scent that lingers for hours (I usually skip perfume when wearing one of these butters). I just wish that they weren't so pricey.

Anyhow, Satsuma is probably my favorite scent for these butters. It smells like a batch of fresh Japanese oranges. I don't find it overpowering because I love a citrusy scent, and this is as citrusy as it gets. Love it :) I almost always have one of these on my vanity.

on 10/23/2011 3:21:00 AM

LOVEEEEEE this...very fresh and the smell lingers all day..it compliments my perfume very well (clinique happy-another citrus smell)..it does seriously wake me up in the morning and moisturise my skin very well! highly recommended! too bad its not available here in australia

on 10/22/2011 11:35:00 PM

The best way I'd describe this is... FRESH! I try to wear this everyday, and the crispy smell always lingers :) I can't take the smell of perfumes any longer, so I use this as a scent.

!!!!!*For those who say that it ends up smelling like beer/skunk/whatever else, I think it has something to do with your body chemistry. I, personally, never have this issue.

on 8/24/2011 3:53:00 PM

Love the tub, love the moisturizing ability of this fine cream body butter. Perfect texture - not too thick and not too thin. Smell is out of this world incredible citrus!!!

what is not to love? I reach for this when I want a citrusy pick me up!

on 7/24/2011 11:20:00 AM

i have mized feelings about this bad boy. while i love citrusy scents (and it does not get more citrus-y than this stuff), im bummed at the lasting power of the fragrance. i was hoping to be able to use this instead of perfume in the hotter months, but alas, this is not the case. it is nice and moisturizing, but nothing you cant get from an $8 bottle of jergens. for the price, i am super disappointed.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This used to be a favorite scent of mine in high school. I was recently at Sephora and I saw Satsuma included in the display of Body Shop butters. I remember the scent being delicious and juicy, whereas the tester smelled weird. "Okay," I thought, "it's probably an old tester so thatís why the smell is off." I went ahead and bought the full-size jar of it. When I got home and tried it, it literally smelled like beer (Blue Moon, to be exact)! My body chemistry must be out of whack.

Who doesn't love TBS BB's? I LOVE THEM!
This particular scent of their BB's is wonderful, and the BB itself moisturizes exactly how it's intended to, after all this is for NORMAL SKIN, if you have dry skin or do not like the smell of Satsuma you are dropping the perfect rating of this moisturizer because you won't like it. But I love it, it is summer right now, and I do not have unbearably dry skin, and it moisturizes lovely, like a Souffle - a really light body butter. PERFECT! I love the tubs too. :) 5/5

I cannot rave ENOUGH about the Body Shop's line of body butters. They are incredibly moisturizing, but they are a bit greasy so I don't suggest using it in the morning, but it works fantastic after you shower at night (as I do). I find that when I don't use this, my skin the next morning looks dry and wrinkly (gross).
When I use it, it glides on so smoothly and it feels great when I massage it on my arms, legs, etc.
The smell is also amazing too; at first I was particular about it. It smelled a bit too much like a citrus cleaner...but after using it for about a week or two, I fell in LOVE with it. Would definitely recommend to someone with money, because the body shop tends to be a bit pricey. Try to catch them on buy 2, get 1 free or buy 3, get 2 free sales :)

Top Rated The Body Shop Products