April 16, 2014 | 2023 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really happy with this powder. Goes on very smooth, looks natural, and doesn't break me out. I am glad it is talc free as well. The sponge isn't that great, so I suggest using a different one. Other than that, this is a very nice powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really like this. I actually use this to set my Photo Ready foundation since that's kinda sparkly and this is more matte and vice versa. I wish it had SPF though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by glasker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Light Medium because I have the photoready concealer in the same shade - in the pan these look pretty dark but when you swatch/apply them they come off pretty light. I use this over foundation (Colorstay in Fresh Beige) and don't notice any coverage as such but it mattifies things just fine. The powder seems to be milled to an ok level and there's very little fallout when swirling a brush etc. Once on there's a bit of a powdery look but that's to be expected with a powder right? All in all it's a decent drugstore powder though the shade range in Europe at least is ridiculously small.

My one complaint is the packaging. What on earth they were thinking with it I don't know but it's so clumsy and cheap feeling. The compact opens and the powder is on a tray in the center - the top lid of the compact has a useless half-circle mirror on it - and if you extend the compact fully open to try and use the mirror the tray with the powder on it 'boings' up so you can't do anything. I'm not going to cry about it but it's probably the worst packaging on a powder I've ever seen.

It's not heavy coverage but I'd buy again as a setting powder.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also bought medium first but it was too light like the last reviewer said. I got medium deep and it's perfect. It's silky super soft and not cakey looking at all. You can wear it to set foundation or as a light foundation to even out your skin tone. I prefer it over MSFN which I found to be too heavy for my skin. This powder let's my skin breathe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this powder in Medium, because the Medium-Deep looked very dark in the packaging, but it turns out I should've got that because the Medium is too light for my NC42 skin (I should have known that though). Anyways I tried it on before washing my face one night (makeup free) to get a feel for the coverage etc, while I wait for my sister to bring me the Medium-Deep from the US, as that shade is not available in Canada. I had the product on for about 5 minutes, no more than that. My first impression is that it looked very chalky, so I can imagine it looking corpse-like and giving that lifeless skin look, although it was probably exaggerated on me since the shade was too light. It also made my face feel very tight and dry, so normal-dry skintypes should avoid this. After washing and toning my face that night, I woke up to a new pimple. The next day, two more, and one more the following day for a grand total of 4 pimples from 5 mins wear of this powder.

I was extremely disappointed because I love the Colorstay foundation and Aqua powder foundation. I know this product caused the acne because I have been home everyday for like a month and not wearing any makeup or trying anything at all new on my skin. This is the only culprit. I will keep this for using over my concealer around the eye area since I usually need a lighter color there anyways, but I'm not sure what I will do with the Medium-Deep shade that my sister brings for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used this for a while and was pretty happy with it. Recently, I noticed they changed the formula to be mica based. My skin does better with products that contain little or no mica so I will not be purchasing this product anymore. However, the old version worked well for me and this new version might be fine for those who don't mind the mica.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for years and haven't found anything that works as well on my super-oily skin, including HE products. This is the powder that stays in my purse for touch-ups, so the point of this review is: while I love the powder and will continue to use it, I hate, hate, hate the new packaging. Just hate it. The old packaging was sleek and was easy to whip out, touch up and toss back into purse. The new packaging has plastic divider so the sponge is stored separately from the product (I know it's more hygienic that way, but I don't care) and the new compact is twice the thickness of the old package. So, using the new package involves opening two compartments to get the sponge and access the powder. It's bulky and awkward to use. And, to beat it all, there's only half a mirror (there was a whole mirror in the old packaging). Revlon, are you listening? The one upside is that, for new users, they can see the actual product color through the half-moon opening in the top of the compact.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love this powder. I was using Maybelline Dream matte and wanted something that was still very matte (because I am super oily) but not so chalky and lasted longer. So I picked this up without having high hopes for it. I apply this to my t-zone only, I use Estee Lauder Lucidity powder all over my face and then just mattify my t-zone with this to keep me from looking like a grease slick within the hour. This powder is amazing, I remain oil and shine free for hours after applying, even my SO noticed a difference, which is saying a lot because he never notices anything different with my makeup. Well actually all he said was "wow your skin isn't shiny today!" (thanks hun)
I do apply this with the crappy puff it comes with, only because I leave it in my purse for touchups and there is no brush there. It does over apply sometimes when using the puff but it blends out fine. I thought it was a little expensive for a drugstore powder, that was my only gripe.
The package I bought this in was a black compact, full mirror, sponge sits on top of the powder, standard packaging. It's fine with me. I do not know if the half circle mirror is older or newer, I saw that and did not buy it.
Would repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by dominika99

I have been using this on my t-zone to help control shine. The staying-power isn't great: I'm left oily again after a couple hours. If I apply any more than a feather-light layer, it tends to cake and settle into the fine lines around my eyes.

The compact is a cheap, flimsy plastic. The sponge is flat and poor quality, even compared to other drugstore powders like Cover Girl. It also bothers me that the mirror is a half-circle, so I can't really get a good look at a wider area of my face when I'm applying.

The biggest negative, however, is the poor coverage. This does nothing to smooth out flaws or even out my skin tone, and really only works as a short-term cover for oil.

This would be nice if you're looking for an inexpensive finishing powder, if you don't have oily skin and if you apply the powder with a quality brush. It gets 3 lippies from me, however, because I'm looking for something with more staying-power to fight shine and provide fuller coverage without being cakey.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 11:49:00 AM More reviews by amymb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this in Translucent to go along with my CS foundation in Ivory because I was worried the one in Light wouldn't match. It's a decent powder and lasts for quite a while in fact, more so than others I've tried in the past. I can't say it's perfect; it tends to look a little powdery and dusty on my skin and I'm guessing that's because it's so white. Even though it's supposed to be Translucent I doubt that it would look natural on anyone who has darker skin than I do and I'm very fair skinned.

Pros:
-Lasts a white before touchups
-Looks fairly natural and not cakey

Cons:
-Very white and powdery on skin
-Packaging is cheap and doesn't give much product, but the design is nice.

I'm not sure if I'll buy this again once I run out. I really love the fact that it doesn't get darker in place when I do have to do touch ups, but I'd like to find a powder that lasts longer.