Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

on 6/1/2012 10:05:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other

i use the revlon colour stay pressed powder in colour light pale.
It is my holy grail powder, and i would never have tried it if i hadnt gotten it as a free gift at revlon when i bought my regular colour stay foundation!

first and foremost, this product is ideal for oily skin, i mean...if you have dry skin you can use it...but there are way more suitable products.
This product does go slightly shiney in the t-zone after about 4-5 hours, but once blotted it is matte again, and if you need to re apply - which lets be honest, us oily skinned people generally NEED to re apply!- it doesn't go cakey or powdery!

i apply this with a general powder brush (napoleon perdis finishing powder brush) as i feel this product looks and lasts better when applied in moderation, because as we all know "less is more!"

Pros;
exact colour to my skin.
doesn't separate/go flakey.
combats oily skin.
shine is minimal (i have oily skin).
powder is sheer but evens out skin tone.
not heavy.
easy to re apply/touch up (if needed) due to sheer formula.
not cakey/powdery if re-appled RIGHT.
oil free.
lots of product.
seperate compartment for sponge (if your into sponges for powder :\).
good lasting power (i can wear this for a whole 10 hours without re applying and look decent).

Cons;
A bit pricey ($40 australian) for a revlon product but whatever..price doesnt matter if its a product that works for you!
packaging is ugly and looks crap and cheap and the mirror is shit...but once again...whatever, as long as the product is good!

Overall i would re purchase. Its the best powder ive tried (others ive tried is MAC blot powder, proactiv translucent mineral pressed powder foundation, DIOR skinforever pressed foundation, MAC studio fix powder) it lasts the longest and combats oily skin the best. I would recommend to people with oily skin who need a long lasting product.

Also, FYI i believe that before i wrote this review, the revlon colour stay powder had a different formula, i am writing this in JUNE 2012 which is the most up to date revlon colour stay powder.

on 4/24/2012 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

great product !!
NOTICE !!!
IF U ARE CARAMEL IN REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION IN THE OILY/COMBO SKIN FORMULA
THE DARKEST SHADE WILL GO WELL YOUR SKIN TONE ANYTHING ABOVE THAT WILL BE TOO LIGHT !!!!

on 2/23/2012 11:48:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Update, while I love this powder it just doesn't stay on. I don't know how it can call itself long lasting. Apart from only having a 2 hour face life everything else is good.

Finally the replacement for Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Powder that I've been searching for! After Revlon changed their mineral powder to the Aqua formula, I was bereft and lost, with a shiny face. I tried all kinds of liquids and powders which left me brown/orange/cakey/nude/irridescent/oily/flaky or wrinkly. Then it dawned on me, the penny dropped. Why not just try the Colorstay pressed powder? So I did, and yay!! I use it alone on top of moisturiser and at last I have light, even, coverage which does not scare me when I catch sight of myself in the mirror. No pores, no shine. Yay! My work here is done.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

There are only two things I look for in a foundation:
1. Coverage
2. Staying power
Unfortunately, this powder does not live up to my expectations.
I have oily skin with moderate acne and a LOT of acne marks, and this product just doesn't make the cut.
The coverage is very sheer; it hardly covered anything at all. Then again, this product doesn't claim to have medium or full coverage, but they don't claim to have sheer coverage either. I'm disappointed with the low coverage.
This product also doesn't live up to its 16-hour-wear claim, which isn't really surprising, but I expected it to last at least 3 hours. Too bad it didn't, considering it goes on very sheer. After a couple hours, I would whip out my compact mirror only to see an oily face. Boooo!!! ):<
But the MOST disappointing part about this powder is the packaging. I remember a few years ago when the coverage of this powder was better and it came in a black, slim, practical, high-end-looking compact with a full mirror.
But now? It comes in a black, thick and bulky, impractical, cheap-and-tacky-looking compact with only half of a mirror and a useless compartment. You can't even open the stupid thing all the way without opening the bottom compartment!
And I repeat: BOOOO!!!!!!! D:<
Oh, and you know what's even worse about it? It broke me out. It's bad enough that I have acne, but seriously? The LAST thing I want is a break out.
Would I repurchase? Hell no.

P.S. The Revlon Colorstay Foundation (liquid) is 10000X better than this crappy...thing. The coverage is medium-to-full, staying power is awesome, it doesn't break me out, and the packaging doesn't look tacky nor is it impractical.

on 1/22/2012 2:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a powder that lasts and works on oily skin.
The packaging is simple, but nice enough.
The price is okay.
The sponge inside results in a bit of uneven application, though really, a brush should be used anyway.
The selling point for me is that it battles my extremely oily skin powerfully ALL DAY. I only had to blot once and not until the afternoon. Normally, I have to blot by 10am and a few more times in the days. The powder is soft, looks nice and leaves my skin looking poreless and nice. Love it.

on 12/19/2011 1:16:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Really happy with this powder. Goes on very smooth, looks natural, and doesn't break me out. I am glad it is talc free as well. The sponge isn't that great, so I suggest using a different one. Other than that, this is a very nice powder!

on 11/29/2011 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I really like this. I actually use this to set my Photo Ready foundation since that's kinda sparkly and this is more matte and vice versa. I wish it had SPF though.

on 11/29/2011 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I bought this in Light Medium because I have the photoready concealer in the same shade - in the pan these look pretty dark but when you swatch/apply them they come off pretty light. I use this over foundation (Colorstay in Fresh Beige) and don't notice any coverage as such but it mattifies things just fine. The powder seems to be milled to an ok level and there's very little fallout when swirling a brush etc. Once on there's a bit of a powdery look but that's to be expected with a powder right? All in all it's a decent drugstore powder though the shade range in Europe at least is ridiculously small.

My one complaint is the packaging. What on earth they were thinking with it I don't know but it's so clumsy and cheap feeling. The compact opens and the powder is on a tray in the center - the top lid of the compact has a useless half-circle mirror on it - and if you extend the compact fully open to try and use the mirror the tray with the powder on it 'boings' up so you can't do anything. I'm not going to cry about it but it's probably the worst packaging on a powder I've ever seen.

It's not heavy coverage but I'd buy again as a setting powder.
continued >>

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I also bought medium first but it was too light like the last reviewer said. I got medium deep and it's perfect. It's silky super soft and not cakey looking at all. You can wear it to set foundation or as a light foundation to even out your skin tone. I prefer it over MSFN which I found to be too heavy for my skin. This powder let's my skin breathe.

on 10/15/2011 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased this powder in Medium, because the Medium-Deep looked very dark in the packaging, but it turns out I should've got that because the Medium is too light for my NC42 skin (I should have known that though). Anyways I tried it on before washing my face one night (makeup free) to get a feel for the coverage etc, while I wait for my sister to bring me the Medium-Deep from the US, as that shade is not available in Canada. I had the product on for about 5 minutes, no more than that. My first impression is that it looked very chalky, so I can imagine it looking corpse-like and giving that lifeless skin look, although it was probably exaggerated on me since the shade was too light. It also made my face feel very tight and dry, so normal-dry skintypes should avoid this. After washing and toning my face that night, I woke up to a new pimple. The next day, two more, and one more the following day for a grand total of 4 pimples from 5 mins wear of this powder.

I was extremely disappointed because I love the Colorstay foundation and Aqua powder foundation. I know this product caused the acne because I have been home everyday for like a month and not wearing any makeup or trying anything at all new on my skin. This is the only culprit. I will keep this for using over my concealer around the eye area since I usually need a lighter color there anyways, but I'm not sure what I will do with the Medium-Deep shade that my sister brings for me!