Revlon Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

3.7

New version (2011): Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Zinc Stearate, Silica, Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Polyethylene, Octyldodecyl Glycol Grapeseedate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Isododecane, TrimethylsiIoxysilicate, Lechithin, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Cymidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (Silk), Malva Sylvestris Extract (Mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Synthetic Sapphire, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbic Acid, May Contain ( /-): Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891) -------------------------OLD VERSION: Talc, Dimethicone, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol Meadowfoamate, Polyethylene, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Lecithin, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Serica (silk soie), Malva Sylvestris Extract (mallow), Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lauroyl Lysine, Alumina, Dimethiconol, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain ( /-): Mica (CI77019), Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI77163)

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I absolutley LOVE this powder. I use this in Translucent to set my foundation, keeps my oil away all day over my revlon colorstay foundation. Only thing i dislike is it seems like I hit pan very quickly.. not enough product. But this is my HG seting powder for sure.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one if the worst powders I have ever used the packaging looks and feels really cheap and the sponge you get with it is awful and it smells horrible! It didn't matte my at all I'm really disappointed as it was 10.99 it's not worth the money at all I would rather stick to rimmel a stay matte powder

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I quite like this pressed powder, I bought it a few weeks ago and have been using it everyday to set my makeup, it holds my makeup in place most of the day but it does start to fade a bit as the day goes on. I'm not sure if I would buy this product again. Plus, I kind of bought it in haste when I was shopping for makeup, I just picked it up and didn't really look at what it said on the package, when I got it to the counter I realised that it was 11.99 which in my opinion is pretty over-priced for a powder, anyway, that's just my opinion , by the way this powder doesn't look cakey when it's on, it looks really smooth, which is about the only thing I like about this product

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great powder for setting foundation, and it doesn't look cakey. Goes well with revlon colorstay foundation.

I am currently using my third Revlon pressed powder and I don't think I am going to change to another brand anytime soon unless something really wins me over. This product gives me a medium coverage, just enough to set my makeup and controls my shine for a few hours. It does not keep my face shine free for 16hrs as it claims so I have my blotting papers on hand at all times. I'm pretty happy with it in terms of coverage and the fact that it doesn't cake up my face. It also doesn't feel like I have stuff on my face which is really good.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other

i use the revlon colour stay pressed powder in colour light pale.
It is my holy grail powder, and i would never have tried it if i hadnt gotten it as a free gift at revlon when i bought my regular colour stay foundation!

first and foremost, this product is ideal for oily skin, i mean...if you have dry skin you can use it...but there are way more suitable products.
This product does go slightly shiney in the t-zone after about 4-5 hours, but once blotted it is matte again, and if you need to re apply - which lets be honest, us oily skinned people generally NEED to re apply!- it doesn't go cakey or powdery!

i apply this with a general powder brush (napoleon perdis finishing powder brush) as i feel this product looks and lasts better when applied in moderation, because as we all know "less is more!"

Pros;
exact colour to my skin.
doesn't separate/go flakey.
combats oily skin.
shine is minimal (i have oily skin).
powder is sheer but evens out skin tone.
not heavy.
easy to re apply/touch up (if needed) due to sheer formula.
not cakey/powdery if re-appled RIGHT.
oil free.
lots of product.
seperate compartment for sponge (if your into sponges for powder :\).
good lasting power (i can wear this for a whole 10 hours without re applying and look decent).

Cons;
A bit pricey ($40 australian) for a revlon product but whatever..price doesnt matter if its a product that works for you!
packaging is ugly and looks crap and cheap and the mirror is shit...but once again...whatever, as long as the product is good!

Overall i would re purchase. Its the best powder ive tried (others ive tried is MAC blot powder, proactiv translucent mineral pressed powder foundation, DIOR skinforever pressed foundation, MAC studio fix powder) it lasts the longest and combats oily skin the best. I would recommend to people with oily skin who need a long lasting product.

Also, FYI i believe that before i wrote this review, the revlon colour stay powder had a different formula, i am writing this in JUNE 2012 which is the most up to date revlon colour stay powder.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

great product !!
NOTICE !!!
IF U ARE CARAMEL IN REVLON COLORSTAY FOUNDATION IN THE OILY/COMBO SKIN FORMULA
THE DARKEST SHADE WILL GO WELL YOUR SKIN TONE ANYTHING ABOVE THAT WILL BE TOO LIGHT !!!!

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

Update, while I love this powder it just doesn't stay on. I don't know how it can call itself long lasting. Apart from only having a 2 hour face life everything else is good.

Finally the replacement for Revlon's Colorstay Mineral Powder that I've been searching for! After Revlon changed their mineral powder to the Aqua formula, I was bereft and lost, with a shiny face. I tried all kinds of liquids and powders which left me brown/orange/cakey/nude/irridescent/oily/flaky or wrinkly. Then it dawned on me, the penny dropped. Why not just try the Colorstay pressed powder? So I did, and yay!! I use it alone on top of moisturiser and at last I have light, even, coverage which does not scare me when I catch sight of myself in the mirror. No pores, no shine. Yay! My work here is done.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

There are only two things I look for in a foundation:
1. Coverage
2. Staying power
Unfortunately, this powder does not live up to my expectations.
I have oily skin with moderate acne and a LOT of acne marks, and this product just doesn't make the cut.
The coverage is very sheer; it hardly covered anything at all. Then again, this product doesn't claim to have medium or full coverage, but they don't claim to have sheer coverage either. I'm disappointed with the low coverage.
This product also doesn't live up to its 16-hour-wear claim, which isn't really surprising, but I expected it to last at least 3 hours. Too bad it didn't, considering it goes on very sheer. After a couple hours, I would whip out my compact mirror only to see an oily face. Boooo!!! ):<
But the MOST disappointing part about this powder is the packaging. I remember a few years ago when the coverage of this powder was better and it came in a black, slim, practical, high-end-looking compact with a full mirror.
But now? It comes in a black, thick and bulky, impractical, cheap-and-tacky-looking compact with only half of a mirror and a useless compartment. You can't even open the stupid thing all the way without opening the bottom compartment!
And I repeat: BOOOO!!!!!!! D:<
Oh, and you know what's even worse about it? It broke me out. It's bad enough that I have acne, but seriously? The LAST thing I want is a break out.
Would I repurchase? Hell no.

P.S. The Revlon Colorstay Foundation (liquid) is 10000X better than this crappy...thing. The coverage is medium-to-full, staying power is awesome, it doesn't break me out, and the packaging doesn't look tacky nor is it impractical.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Finally, a powder that lasts and works on oily skin.
The packaging is simple, but nice enough.
The price is okay.
The sponge inside results in a bit of uneven application, though really, a brush should be used anyway.
The selling point for me is that it battles my extremely oily skin powerfully ALL DAY. I only had to blot once and not until the afternoon. Normally, I have to blot by 10am and a few more times in the days. The powder is soft, looks nice and leaves my skin looking poreless and nice. Love it.

Recommended for Normal Skin