August 27, 2014 | 1860 users online

Pressed Powders - Revlon - Colorstay Pressed Powder with SoftFlex

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/14/2012 9:42:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

There are only two things I look for in a foundation:
1. Coverage
2. Staying power
Unfortunately, this powder does not live up to my expectations.
I have oily skin with moderate acne and a LOT of acne marks, and this product just doesn't make the cut.
The coverage is very sheer; it hardly covered anything at all. Then again, this product doesn't claim to have medium or full coverage, but they don't claim to have sheer coverage either. I'm disappointed with the low coverage.
This product also doesn't live up to its 16-hour-wear claim, which isn't really surprising, but I expected it to last at least 3 hours. Too bad it didn't, considering it goes on very sheer. After a couple hours, I would whip out my compact mirror only to see an oily face. Boooo!!! ):<
But the MOST disappointing part about this powder is the packaging. I remember a few years ago when the coverage of this powder was better and it came in a black, slim, practical, high-end-looking compact with a full mirror.
But now? It comes in a black, thick and bulky, impractical, cheap-and-tacky-looking compact with only half of a mirror and a useless compartment. You can't even open the stupid thing all the way without opening the bottom compartment!
And I repeat: BOOOO!!!!!!! D:<
Oh, and you know what's even worse about it? It broke me out. It's bad enough that I have acne, but seriously? The LAST thing I want is a break out.
Would I repurchase? Hell no.

P.S. The Revlon Colorstay Foundation (liquid) is 10000X better than this crappy...thing. The coverage is medium-to-full, staying power is awesome, it doesn't break me out, and the packaging doesn't look tacky nor is it impractical.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by funnygirlup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Finally, a powder that lasts and works on oily skin.
The packaging is simple, but nice enough.
The price is okay.
The sponge inside results in a bit of uneven application, though really, a brush should be used anyway.
The selling point for me is that it battles my extremely oily skin powerfully ALL DAY. I only had to blot once and not until the afternoon. Normally, I have to blot by 10am and a few more times in the days. The powder is soft, looks nice and leaves my skin looking poreless and nice. Love it.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2011 1:16:00 PM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Really happy with this powder. Goes on very smooth, looks natural, and doesn't break me out. I am glad it is talc free as well. The sponge isn't that great, so I suggest using a different one. Other than that, this is a very nice powder!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2011 9:42:00 PM More reviews by dbmiller

I really like this. I actually use this to set my Photo Ready foundation since that's kinda sparkly and this is more matte and vice versa. I wish it had SPF though.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2011 1:25:00 PM More reviews by glasker

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this in Light Medium because I have the photoready concealer in the same shade - in the pan these look pretty dark but when you swatch/apply them they come off pretty light. I use this over foundation (Colorstay in Fresh Beige) and don't notice any coverage as such but it mattifies things just fine. The powder seems to be milled to an ok level and there's very little fallout when swirling a brush etc. Once on there's a bit of a powdery look but that's to be expected with a powder right? All in all it's a decent drugstore powder though the shade range in Europe at least is ridiculously small.

My one complaint is the packaging. What on earth they were thinking with it I don't know but it's so clumsy and cheap feeling. The compact opens and the powder is on a tray in the center - the top lid of the compact has a useless half-circle mirror on it - and if you extend the compact fully open to try and use the mirror the tray with the powder on it 'boings' up so you can't do anything. I'm not going to cry about it but it's probably the worst packaging on a powder I've ever seen.

It's not heavy coverage but I'd buy again as a setting powder.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2011 9:50:00 PM More reviews by LollipopLovingXO

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I also bought medium first but it was too light like the last reviewer said. I got medium deep and it's perfect. It's silky super soft and not cakey looking at all. You can wear it to set foundation or as a light foundation to even out your skin tone. I prefer it over MSFN which I found to be too heavy for my skin. This powder let's my skin breathe.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 1:38:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

I purchased this powder in Medium, because the Medium-Deep looked very dark in the packaging, but it turns out I should've got that because the Medium is too light for my NC42 skin (I should have known that though). Anyways I tried it on before washing my face one night (makeup free) to get a feel for the coverage etc, while I wait for my sister to bring me the Medium-Deep from the US, as that shade is not available in Canada. I had the product on for about 5 minutes, no more than that. My first impression is that it looked very chalky, so I can imagine it looking corpse-like and giving that lifeless skin look, although it was probably exaggerated on me since the shade was too light. It also made my face feel very tight and dry, so normal-dry skintypes should avoid this. After washing and toning my face that night, I woke up to a new pimple. The next day, two more, and one more the following day for a grand total of 4 pimples from 5 mins wear of this powder.

I was extremely disappointed because I love the Colorstay foundation and Aqua powder foundation. I know this product caused the acne because I have been home everyday for like a month and not wearing any makeup or trying anything at all new on my skin. This is the only culprit. I will keep this for using over my concealer around the eye area since I usually need a lighter color there anyways, but I'm not sure what I will do with the Medium-Deep shade that my sister brings for me!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 9:15:00 PM More reviews by blondchick12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Used this for a while and was pretty happy with it. Recently, I noticed they changed the formula to be mica based. My skin does better with products that contain little or no mica so I will not be purchasing this product anymore. However, the old version worked well for me and this new version might be fine for those who don't mind the mica.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have used this product for years and haven't found anything that works as well on my super-oily skin, including HE products. This is the powder that stays in my purse for touch-ups, so the point of this review is: while I love the powder and will continue to use it, I hate, hate, hate the new packaging. Just hate it. The old packaging was sleek and was easy to whip out, touch up and toss back into purse. The new packaging has plastic divider so the sponge is stored separately from the product (I know it's more hygienic that way, but I don't care) and the new compact is twice the thickness of the old package. So, using the new package involves opening two compartments to get the sponge and access the powder. It's bulky and awkward to use. And, to beat it all, there's only half a mirror (there was a whole mirror in the old packaging). Revlon, are you listening? The one upside is that, for new users, they can see the actual product color through the half-moon opening in the top of the compact.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/15/2011 1:34:00 PM More reviews by sterlingK

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Other

Love this powder. I was using Maybelline Dream matte and wanted something that was still very matte (because I am super oily) but not so chalky and lasted longer. So I picked this up without having high hopes for it. I apply this to my t-zone only, I use Estee Lauder Lucidity powder all over my face and then just mattify my t-zone with this to keep me from looking like a grease slick within the hour. This powder is amazing, I remain oil and shine free for hours after applying, even my SO noticed a difference, which is saying a lot because he never notices anything different with my makeup. Well actually all he said was "wow your skin isn't shiny today!" (thanks hun)
I do apply this with the crappy puff it comes with, only because I leave it in my purse for touchups and there is no brush there. It does over apply sometimes when using the puff but it blends out fine. I thought it was a little expensive for a drugstore powder, that was my only gripe.
The package I bought this in was a black compact, full mirror, sponge sits on top of the powder, standard packaging. It's fine with me. I do not know if the half circle mirror is older or newer, I saw that and did not buy it.
Would repurchase.