October 22, 2014 | 1840 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2013 7:45:00 AM More reviews by Sjess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I don't know... I just don't know... It kind of makes my pores less visible but wrinkle-wise it just doesn't really do anything for me. As I don't use foundation I was hoping this would do a little bit more blurring than it does, with BB cream on top it is okay, but I'm doubting if I will repurchase this. It does too little for the money it costs (€25 here in the Netherlands). But I will continue experimenting with this to make it work for me :)!
UPDATE: I use this with Max Factor's Facefinity compact on top now. Finally I see the pro's of this stuff! The combination really makes my pores almost invisible.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/12/2013 12:22:00 PM More reviews by dddoxie

I can't really tell whether this product is doing anything special for me. It's not a bad product by any means, but it's not great either.

I find it very similar to L'Oreal Studio Secrets primer in the glass jar, but may be just a tad bit softer and more blendable.

I use it around my mouth where I have some 'smile lines' and old acne scarring. I also use it around my nose and between my eyebrows but I've started to break out specifically in those areas, so I've quite using this for now.

I don't necessarily see any difference with how my makeup wears when I use this or when I don't.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by janetbustamante

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love this product!!!!! It´s my favorite primer ever, really! I have tried benefit, smashbox, clinique, and other brands and clarins smooth perfecting touch is the best one far away.
I have combination skin, it doesn´t brake me out, controls oil in my nose super well, it leaves like a veil in my face and my make up stays perfect all day long. What can I say? Just buy it it is much more better than benefit pores prof.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by gems4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How have I missed this brand and product? This along with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has made all the difference in 56 year old skin.

My makeup doesn't move, my pores appear less noticeable, my skin is smoother and brighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of those products worshipped by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to try this, being on the hunt for a new primer after Benefit, ELF and No. 7 primers really let me down - my foundation was always a mess during the day and No. 7's matte formula just balled up on my face since I don't use an oily moisturiser. I received a tiny fingernail-sized sample from the Clarins counter at Boots to try.
I'm happy to say I fell in love with the product - the tiniest amount smooths out all the bumps and imperfections on my face allowing any foundation to glide on easily. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day with only a brief powder touchup to keep my oily nose under control. The miniature sample even lasted 4.5 uses, amazing!
Despite being a broke student I'll be paying ~£20 for a full-sized jar which should last me months - definitely worth the money, especially since my skin and makeup look great all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I love this stuff! I use it under Bare Minerals Matte and it massively extends wear, staying power and oil control. It has a matte finish and a jar has lasted me 6 months. It comes with a spatula, which I don't bother with. It's also good at smoothing out lined areas. I prefer it to Smashbox original as it's more moisturising, makes lines look better yet has the same matte finish. If you wait a couple of minutes before applying your fdn, it works better. It even works over makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MaryMc95

great primer for my combination skin. glides on easily and makeup looks and lasts better. has a mattifying finish. 15g jar lasts a long time, great value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using a deluxe sample of this, and it's surprisingly good, even on my combo-oily skin that doesn't like about 90% of primers. I switch between the Hourglass one and this one, and I'd say this is quite comparable to the Hourglass one in performance. This one allows my makeup to apply very smoothly and keeps in in place well, without me having to touch up much at all.

I might buy a full-sized jar of this once my Hourglass primer is finished. I'd say this is an ideal primer for those with fine lines and wrinkles, as it smooths everything out for your makeup application. Surprisingly, my combo-oily skin loves this too, so I'd say quite a few people would like this. I do wish this was in a more sanitary container, however. I hate products in jars--horribly unsanitary:T.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

I really enjoy using this primer because it feels lovely when you apply it & makes my foundation go on nicely & last. You don't get a lot of product but you only need the tiniest amount so it does last you. I notice when I don't use it as my skin doesn't look as flawless and smooth. I don't love the packaging I would prefer a tube to make it easier when travelling & more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

I was recommended this primer by a friend, I am not usually majorly fussy on clarins but read reviews on it and decided to try :)
When it came I was pretty annoyed because its not cheap and the jar is tiny, but a little goes a long way definitely!

I hate the texture of it, it feels really rubbery but when applied to the skin it makes my foundation look smoother and lasts all day, too much of this primer will make your makeup cakey and thick so only a really small amount is needed as its easily spreadable and blendable.

So far, im loving it and will probably repurchase if it doesn't make me break out