July 31, 2014 | 1700 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clarins - Instant Smooth Perfecting Touch

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2013 1:41:00 PM More reviews by gems4me

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

How have I missed this brand and product? This along with Clarins Beauty Flash Balm has made all the difference in 56 year old skin.

My makeup doesn't move, my pores appear less noticeable, my skin is smoother and brighter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2013 1:13:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

One of those products worshipped by beauty bloggers, I knew I had to try this, being on the hunt for a new primer after Benefit, ELF and No. 7 primers really let me down - my foundation was always a mess during the day and No. 7's matte formula just balled up on my face since I don't use an oily moisturiser. I received a tiny fingernail-sized sample from the Clarins counter at Boots to try.
I'm happy to say I fell in love with the product - the tiniest amount smooths out all the bumps and imperfections on my face allowing any foundation to glide on easily. It keeps my makeup in place throughout the day with only a brief powder touchup to keep my oily nose under control. The miniature sample even lasted 4.5 uses, amazing!
Despite being a broke student I'll be paying ~£20 for a full-sized jar which should last me months - definitely worth the money, especially since my skin and makeup look great all day!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2013 7:02:00 AM More reviews by mellouise

I love this stuff! I use it under Bare Minerals Matte and it massively extends wear, staying power and oil control. It has a matte finish and a jar has lasted me 6 months. It comes with a spatula, which I don't bother with. It's also good at smoothing out lined areas. I prefer it to Smashbox original as it's more moisturising, makes lines look better yet has the same matte finish. If you wait a couple of minutes before applying your fdn, it works better. It even works over makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2013 9:44:00 AM More reviews by MaryMc95

great primer for my combination skin. glides on easily and makeup looks and lasts better. has a mattifying finish. 15g jar lasts a long time, great value for money.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2013 4:37:00 AM More reviews by cadabeijos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using a deluxe sample of this, and it's surprisingly good, even on my combo-oily skin that doesn't like about 90% of primers. I switch between the Hourglass one and this one, and I'd say this is quite comparable to the Hourglass one in performance. This one allows my makeup to apply very smoothly and keeps in in place well, without me having to touch up much at all.

I might buy a full-sized jar of this once my Hourglass primer is finished. I'd say this is an ideal primer for those with fine lines and wrinkles, as it smooths everything out for your makeup application. Surprisingly, my combo-oily skin loves this too, so I'd say quite a few people would like this. I do wish this was in a more sanitary container, however. I hate products in jars--horribly unsanitary:T.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2013 6:17:00 PM More reviews by justacupoftea

I really enjoy using this primer because it feels lovely when you apply it & makes my foundation go on nicely & last. You don't get a lot of product but you only need the tiniest amount so it does last you. I notice when I don't use it as my skin doesn't look as flawless and smooth. I don't love the packaging I would prefer a tube to make it easier when travelling & more hygienic.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by JoannaHollyx

I was recommended this primer by a friend, I am not usually majorly fussy on clarins but read reviews on it and decided to try :)
When it came I was pretty annoyed because its not cheap and the jar is tiny, but a little goes a long way definitely!

I hate the texture of it, it feels really rubbery but when applied to the skin it makes my foundation look smoother and lasts all day, too much of this primer will make your makeup cakey and thick so only a really small amount is needed as its easily spreadable and blendable.

So far, im loving it and will probably repurchase if it doesn't make me break out

rated 3 of 5 on 11/25/2012 5:43:00 AM More reviews by VioletDesire

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm unsure about this one. I went on a Clarins spree recently and this was one of the things I got that I'd not tried before. I love the little pot and scoop. Love that the colour doesn't show on the skin and love that my pores are much less noticeable. However, I'm not convinced yet that it does anything remarkable. It is certainly my favourite of the pore minimisers/smoothers (I used to use the Clinique one) but I need to have a play with it to find out how to best use it on my skin. I use BFB and foundation then use this on top in the areas I need it. Maybe use it under the BFB and see if that makes a difference. I put that I would buy again, because I don't dislike it, but don't love it either, yet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2012 12:55:00 PM More reviews by MsPsylocke

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is a great product! I use it after I moisturize before my BB cream and my skin looks flawless! I have a little bit of a smile line and whatever I'm wearing likes to get in there not with this stuff. It keeps my makeup smooth and flawless. I got quite a big sample in a gift bag from Sephora it's so much I think it will last me months which makes it worth the money because you only need a little bit. Plus I can't stop touching my skin it feels so soft.

I find my pores are diminished and my skin looks great. I'm really glad I got this to try otherwise I don't think I would have bothered with Clarins except there cleansing oil is calling me;) I do think this is an excellent primer if I have the money I would repurchase because it makes my makeup last and look fantastic even with a light coverage BB so I'm a happy girl. For me it lasts from morning till night and I'm very oily but maybe that's because of the setting powder I use. I do have to blot but my makeup is still on my face..yay!

Try this before you buy because this will not work for everyone. Just like foundation where we need our own color same with primer what works for me might be terrible for someone else so do your testing before you buy I really suggest that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by violetmist

I selected this product to smooth out pores and fine lines. It does that to a degree but the makeup still collects in the fine lines under the eyes. Mind you I wouldn't be without it but I still have to use a soft brush during the day to smooth the makeup out. I'm hoping something better gets developed soon.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No