Almay Wake Up Call Energizing Makeup SPF 15

2.4

on 2/9/2004 3:28:00 PM

This is awful foundation, I can't believe it made it to market, did they test it first? Pros: 0, Cons: 3 Con #1:The consistency of this is so odd, it goes on greasy yet cakey, is totally artificial looking and masklike. Con #2: The "wake up" to this is simply minty/methol-y ingredients that tingle but don't really burn and make my eyes water Con #3: I broke out horribly with this. I had started using w/a new cream and thought it was probably the cream, since I had never broke out with a foundation before. Wrong! Stopped using the cream-still broke out. Stopped using this foundation-stopped breaking out. I'm talking horrible breakouts here, very unusual for me; and not 1 or 2, more like waking up daily with 5 new pimples, at least 2 which would be cystic.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I hated this foundation and I would never consider buying it again. My sister tried this foundation too and wasn't a fan. The coverage is extremely light (if you have perfect skin you might like this part) and doesn't really cover up blemishes or anything and doesn't even out my skin tone. It smells so disgusting too! I can't stand the smell of it... It goes on splotchy along my jawline for no reason and makes my skin look shiny (not in a good way). My sister and I also had some of the foundation dry in the bottle spout thing. *lol* Not a good product.

on 12/31/2003 9:25:00 PM

From the start, I did not take well to this product, which is surprising as usually Almay does pretty well foundation wise. I felt the color was way too orangey which I hate, and even though I liked the pump idea, I did not like the sheer coverage and it did not stay on well. The only redeeming quality for me was the natural ingredients, but there are much better products on the market out there that work well and last! No way would I purchase again.

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I really liked this product. There are products out there that are pink pigminted n this foundation in sand-sable really does match my skin. I am asian and it is very hard to find a cheap foundation that matches yellow undertones. I've tried maybelline 3-1 foundation stick and it looked like I had a bruise i was trying to cover up... n e ways I really like this one because it gave me the coverage from the little imperfections. The color looks very natural on me

on 12/5/2003 9:37:00 PM

Pros
The pump did work for me

Cons
I used Sand Sable and it looks orange
Cakey
Watery

Overall
I would stay away from this product!

on 11/21/2003 1:24:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I do like how it goes on pretty smooth and the colors are more neutral. BUT, it is way to over priced, makes you look dry and pasty, and it made me really really shiny. I am not repurchasing, nor reccommending this product.

on 6/25/2003 1:18:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

One of the first drugstore foundations I've tried. The pump dispenser is supposed to be a good idea, but for some reason almay can't get it to work. I have to constantly wipe off the opening to remove the nasty clog. Looks cakey when I try to build coverage, and the color 'naked' is also too pink for me.

on 6/24/2003 8:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I agree with all the comments of the previous reviewer, this isn't moisturizing, the coverage sucks, the dried foundation in the punp is annoying and on top of all that it's full of all kinds of irratints designed to "wake up" your skin(bogus) but instead just stung something awful.

on 6/24/2003 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I'm very unimpressed. This liquid foundation doesn't have good coverage at all and plus it's chock full of irratints meant to "wake up you skin(bogus) but instead just made my skin sting.The only good thing was the pump bottle however even that had a downside-foundation gets clogged in the tip of the pump and dries out.

on 5/28/2003 4:18:00 PM

No coverage, not moisturizing. Worst of all, you must squeeze off some dried out foundation at the opening of the pump every time before you use it, which looks as nothing but sticky dirt.