December 18, 2014 | 1716 users online

Tinted Moisturizer - Laura Mercier - Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by amelieinny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a simple makeup routine and am obsessed with letting my skin breathe (and hydrated) at all times to maintain a natural complexion (but, who are we kidding. It takes makeup to look au natural!). I had been content with my daily moisturizer all of my life and I have never had much problems with my skin (the occasional pimple from a night out overindulging in diet, lack of sleep, and the monthly visit from Aunt Flo). I began using LM Nude three years ago in need of upgrading the makeup routine as I entered the workforce. Foundation was not worth it for me – it felt too heavy and too big of a departure from my simple moisturizer days.

This product not only balanced out the color of my face, but there was an enhanced ‘natural’ sheen to my skin – the light reflects off the product really well and I’ve noticed a difference (subtle, but it’s there) in pictures. Use this to get that radiating smoothness to the face rather than to combat or conceal blemishes and dark circles (I use a separate product for that). I use this product across all seasons (in the fall/winter, I will apply a non-tinted moisturizer first and blend with LM. My own bb cream if you will). Love that there is SPF in here, and the packaging makes the moisturizer very easy to apply and carry around.

This tinted moisturizer is the perfect in-between solution for someone who wants to avoid the cake-y feeling of foundation, but wants the benefit of getting that polished natural look. I have also tried Korean bb creams, and have even found them smothering at times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/19/2013 3:40:00 PM More reviews by phobeh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This tinted moisturizer is really flawless. It goes on smoothly and has a beautiful finish. I've been using it for about 2 months and it hasn't made me break out at all. The only reason I give it 4 stars is because it does tend to get a bit oily throughout the day, but it isn't anything a little powder won't fix!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:50:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I repeatedly buy this product (in fact I always keep two tubes of this, one for travel).

Pros:
Great for Sensitive Skin - no breakouts
Goes on easily and can be blended with clean fingers
Super light, just like a moisturizer, great for daily use
Provides light coverage - but I always compliment with a concealer + loose powder to set

Cons:
If you do not use a concealer underneath/over, this might not cover red blemishes well

rated 2 of 5 on 11/24/2013 6:52:00 PM More reviews by Kayyy45

I really wanted to love this because I heard so many great things about it. I went to sephora and got a sample to take home and try to make sure I liked it before I spent 43 dollars on it. I tried it right when I got home and well... I kind of hate it. It is a NASTY texture, and not thin or creamy enough to blend all over. You have to use a lot to cover the whole face because it doesn't smooth all over the face. Also, when I touch my face with this stuff on it feels really gross and comes off on my fingers. I will not be buying this... I'm glad I got the sample.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/22/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by garasaki619

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is an okay product. I have very oily skin and it doesn't help at all! It is a bit pricey too. I do find myself needing to blend a lot with my fingers and to finish it off with powder. It does its job as a 'tinted moisturizer' but not an 'oil-free' product.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 11:47:00 PM More reviews by aluxeruzzo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I really wanted to love this product because everyone does. But the color range is not really good for people with pale skin, but I got the closet match I could find because I really wanted to try it. It's not a bad product I just don't think it's worth the price. Also, don't buy this if you want coverage, it's very very sheer. If you want more coverage try the oil free tm from bobbi brown.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 11:30:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Like many others, I expected this to be a dream tinted moisturizer because of all the rave reviews here and on Youtube. However, it just didn't work for me. It knew it was "oil free" but it went on so pasty and took so long to apply evenly! Only hours later did it "relax" enough to look soft and presentable, thus the 3 rating. And why so expensive?? I won't be repurchasing.

For reference, NC50=Walnut.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Close to a year ago I purchased this in Nude as part of the Flawless Face starter kit because finally my skin was no longer breaking out and no longer reacting so sensitively, so I thought I'd give it a break from heavier foundations. I have always had oily and dehydrated skin, and a year ago I was breaking out hormonally. Since then the breakouts have stopped (I get a pimple here and there once in a while) but my skin is still oily.

Pros:
- The color matches my NC20-NC25 skin okay but not perfect.
- Coverage is impressive for a tinted moisturizer. It doesn't cover my acne/redness/spots as well as a normal foundation but blurs them a bit.
- A little goes a long way.
- Did not break me out.

Cons:
- Oh geez it's oily. So greasy. Have to set with powder. Can't use when I know I'm going to be hot and/or sweaty.
- Transfers like crazy.
- Does cling to dry patches.
- Has a bit of a plasticky smell? Not too bad though.

I would not buy this again because it's unbelievably greasy. Honestly even if you have dry skin, I would not recommend because of the clinging. If you have normal skin and just want a little bit of coverage, then this is the product for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:17:00 AM More reviews by zayasays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was so excited to try this legendary TM. I've been using medium to full coverage foundations for the past few years and wanted a lighter alternative. I'm so glad I managed to snag a sample jar because this broke me out HORRIBLY. Wanted to try it out for a week but after two days, my face was a nightmare. Painful bumps all over.

I was disappointed because I liked the finish so much more than the NARS Tinted Moisturizer (which basically does nothing for you). This TM had ample coverage (enough to even out your skin tone - won't cover any blemishes or marks, though!) and the dewy finish that I was looking for. Great packaging as well. Mind you, though, it certainly oils up after a few hours so you'd definitely have to blot or powder.

Also grabbed a sample of the original version but I don't want to risk it anymore. Sensitive skinned ladies, stay away!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/5/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by Ryanne

I bought one 4 years ago and ended up giving it to my sister cause it made my combination skin too oily. just a few months ago, I thought I'd give it another try and splurged again.:-( I use the primer from the same brand before I apply the "OIL FREE" tinted moisturizer hoping it'd work this time. BUT!!! still it makes my face look like you can fry an egg on it!!! waaaaah!!!:-(