Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free

3.5

Active Ingredients: Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Salicylate. Ingredients- Water, Disiloxane, Peg-30 Dipolyhydroxystearate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Boron Nitride, Jojoba Esters, Magnesium Stearate, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Squalane, Laryl PCA, Tocopheryl Acetate, Tetradibutyl Pentaerithrityl Hydroxyhydrocinnammate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearrate, Disodium Edta, PPG-15, Stearyl Ether, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizinate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxide (CI 77492), Iron Oxide (CI 77491), Iron Oxide (CI 77499)

on 8/6/2014 6:36:00 PM

It is ok at best. The quality and ingredients are superior, but the "look" or the end result is comparable to drug store brands. I prefer to invest a little more for Chanel. A less expensive brand that is actually surprisingly great is the Younique BB Cream. I am not a presenter. I tried the products at a party, and I gotta say I very much liked the BB cream. Of course, I had to research it extensively and I'm pleased with the ingredients and lack of harsh chemicals. But still, nothing beats Chanel.

on 8/4/2014 5:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is worth the hype! I got the sephora flawless face kit and I love it. The tinted moisturizer works well with my oily skin. Paired with her primer it helps minimize my large pores and gives a natural finish that isn't too matte. Lasts all day. Gives buildable coverage that never looks heavy or cakey. Feels lightweight.

on 7/11/2014 3:23:00 PM

I opt for this over foundation during the hotter months because I like how it's so light (in fact, I may keep this part of my everyday makeup routine). It makes my skin look dewy and gives me a nice summer glow.

It does, however, accentuate my oily nose, which would definitely be a deal breaker with any other foundation, but it actually helps me achieve that dewy, glowing finish.

It is a designer brand, so it's a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and it seems to last me several months.

on 6/6/2014 12:52:00 PM

This is an incredible product. However, when I bought this around a year ago, I really didn't get on with it - I used to apply it with fingers/a small foundation brush and it just used to go orange and patchy throughout the day. HOWEVER.. I have repurchased this product this year.. and tried to apply it in a different way: I use the Real Techniques buffing brush.. and now I am able to achieve a more even application with the tinted moisturiser! I apply a big blob on my hand (about the size of a grape) and then dab the brush into a little bit of moisturiser and buff it into sections on my face. I buy the oil free in the shade 'nude' which works well with my pale skin (as long as I don't apply too much!). It does go very SLIGHTLY oily throughout the day, but if you dab it with some tissue paper etc then it's fine.

The finish is AMAZING.. it just makes you look like you've got a very even, beautiful tan which is glowy and you don't feel like you're wearing any makeup at all. Since using this I would NEVER go back to using foundations/heavy mineral powders or even BB creams.

on 5/8/2014 5:29:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

I have extremely dry skin at the moment thank to Accutane, and this stuff is amazing. It looks good without primer and even better with it. I hate looking like my face is covered in foundation, and this covers any redness without looking like a thick pancake of foundation, though it still has a great coverage and can be used all over the face. I'm not sure if it'll suit all skintones, though Laura Mercier is so good at matching mine.

on 4/28/2014 12:31:00 PM

Not sure what all the hype is. I tried a sample since the didn't have my color in stock. I have my first pimple in 10 years from it. Will continue using sample and update again. In comparison I obtain more of a matte finish with Trish McEvoy's tinted BB cream, which I have been using for over a year.

on 4/16/2014 2:28:00 PM

I don't think my version has SPF in it? This might differ by country or something?

However, I do really enjoy the oil-free tinted moisturizer, particularly for everyday coverage in the winter months. I have combo/oil skin so this product has enough moisture to cover my dry patches while not aggravating the more oily parts. The coverage is quite sheer but it's perfect for everyday use as I am mostly looking for something to even out my skin tone and hide some pesky red acne scarring.

I apply this product over a gel moisturizer (it is a foundation, not skincare) with a beauty blender and it looks as if I am not wearing any makeup at all.

However I would not wear this in the summertime as it does feel a little on the heavy side over sunscreen when it gets hotter out.

on 4/13/2014 10:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Oxidises my face after 5mins even with a thin layer. I live in a humid country. The moment I walk out for a few minutes, hello oil-slick face. Hello pores. Will need to wipe it all off while walking. Tried in different conditions, rain, cloudy or shine, same outcome. Don't really like the squeeze tube, cannot control amount. Definitely giving this away :(

on 4/12/2014 2:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This is not the foundation for me, uuuggghh!! It does oxidize and looking orangey. So beware of that when choosing your color. Bought for SGD68 (if I'm not mistaken).

on 4/5/2014 11:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I use this on days when I don't really want or need to wear a foundation. I find that it evens out my complexion nicely when I use a powder over it. It doesn't really have any scent to it, which I like and I find it really easy to apply. I mostly use my fingers to apply and blend this in. I got the shade "Blush" which matches my skin tone nicely.

It is oil-free, so whilst this doesn't do much to control oiliness, it doesn't add to it or make it worse either. Some tinted moisturisers I've used in the past feel greasy and heavy, so it's nice that this one does not. I have worn this at work and if I've been out for the day and I found it lasted the whole day. I did have to re-powder my T-zone but this is normal for me.

I would say the only down-side is the price, it is quite expensive but saying that I have found it to be very good quality and hasn't caused me to break out so I would probably purchase this again.