Revlon ColorStay Blemish Concealer with Soft Flex

3.6

Active Ingredients: Salicylic Acid 0. 5% (acne treatment. Inactive Ingredients: Aqua (water, eau), Cyclomethicone, Trimethysiloxysilicate, Butylene Glycol, Boron Nitride, Alcohol Denat. , Tribehenin, PEG/PPG 18/18 Dimethicone, Nylon 12, Isododecane, Polyisobutene, Sodium Chloride, Serica (silk, soie), Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Malva Sylvestris Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract (lily), Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Polydimethylsiloxane/Polymethysilesquioxane Copolymer, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Bisabolol, Dimethicone, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Methicone, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Ethylene Brassylate, Trisiloxane, Tetrasodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, May Contain: Iron Oxides (CI77491, CI77492, CI77499), Mica (CI77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI77891).

on 10/4/2012 5:13:00 PM

I really like this concealer! I was previous using the neutrogena version (and had gone through several tubes.) I switched over to the revlon because I really needed a concealer with SA, the neutrogena wasn't on sale (I only bought it if it was on sale), and the revlon was cheaper. Overall, they are comparable. The only difference is the applicator, and the revlon is a little harder to blend. However, I just blend it as soon as I dot it on my blemishes, and it blends just fine. I'm a pretty fair individual (NC15-20ish depending on the season) and I purchased it in "light." It works well! I would recommend it for blemish coverage for sure!

on 9/20/2012 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I feel like I used to use something like this before, but it definitely wasn't packaged as lipgloss for your face. I have no problem using it, but I use it on my whole face. As a concealer for spots, I think it'd be hard to blend (unless you were also wearing foundation.. around it..?). Personally, I love this. I don't get acne much but before my dot this month my face seemed to be breaking out, and I was doing all I could (and still am) to keep acne at bay. A mask, a cleanser, a toner, a clear cream, and another mask overnight and/or during the day if I wasn't leaving the house. Originally I left the house just to get a jar of caramel. But it seems I got myself a new regimen as well. Two spot treatments I've never tried, and this! Another bad thing about it is if your blemish is right underneath the dark circle of your eye you especially gotta try harder to blend. And not into that thin skin because it will dryyy out. I'm half Japanese, half Caucasian, warm skin, got myself #630 color Light/Medium. If anything bad happens, I'll edit my review. So far so good for dotting all over and blending on the face. Just got this one healing pimple next to my nose that I'm obviously doing anything to get rid of. Covers well. Has a scent that I'm already sick of. Not expensive, but we'll see how long it'll last for somebody using it on the whole face.

on 9/13/2012 3:25:00 AM

Okay I joined this site just to leave a review. For me, this product has been terrible. I have been using it for about two weeks and have gone from having small blackheads and the occasional pimple to having the worst breakout since I was about 13. I usually have combination skin. My skin now is flaky when I first apply my makeup and by the end of the day is so greasy where this product has been applied. Also it does not cover redness of pimples very well. in fact, my pimples (plural!!) are even more red and hanging around longer than they ever had before. I am throwing this concealer out the window immediately. uuuueeeeh!

LOVE LOVE LOVE this concealer! defs my fave that I own.
I have a few pimples around my cheek area as well as redness and this hides it all. It stays on all day and doesn't fade at all!
its easy to apply and i find it easy to blend using my ring finger. I have never had breakouts from this and will continue to use it.
Would defs recommend this to everyone

on 8/23/2012 1:57:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

If you get the color just right (I actually mix two of the shades) this can be a great concealer for small blemishes. I've never had terrible acne so I'm not sure how well it works for that, but for the occasional spot it works well.

With that said, I was using this to cover up redness around my nose and I kept peeling there and the redness just kept getting worse. I stopped for a week and the peeling stopped. One of the first ingredients is salicylic acid. If you have sensitive and/or dry skin this can make your skin much worse if you use it regularly.

Verdict: this is a great concealer for those days when you wake up with a random pimple on your face and you need it to cover it up and dry it out quickly, but that is it! Do not try to use this stuff as a regular concealer if you have dry sensitive skin like mine.

on 6/21/2012 9:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

My cystic acne was starting to clear up. I wanted to hide a few small bumps and acne scars on my cheeks so this is what I used. Basically everywhere I put it left me with a pretty big cyst. I have pretty bad luck with any acne fighting ingredients so I should have stayed away from this. My skin prefers a less complicated approach. As long as you don't have sensitive skin, I would recommend it. Good coverage and staying power. Blends well as long as you're not putting it over peeling and dry skin.

on 6/20/2012 11:14:00 PM

Pros
Dries zits
Does not break me out even if i have acne prone skin
Conceals my acne scars and active zits
Matches my skin color

Cons
Hard to blend
Can look cakey if not blended well
Pricey here in philippines, just a bit cheaper to colorstay liquid foundation but almost the same price
Over all the colorstay foundation gives fuller coverage compared to this one, but at least this helps with my acne.

on 5/31/2012 8:25:00 PM

I normally use:

Revlon Age Defying Concealer which is very light; and
Canmake Conealer which is a thick cream stick concealer.

Both are excellent but I bought this because I wanted to try a creamy liquid concealer with excellent coverage.

I chose Light/Medium for my NC20 tone. This shade is a perfect neutral shade: neither too pink, nor too yellow.

Coverage is medium and the applicator is a soft tip which is easy to use.

The consistency is very smooth. There is no dragging of the wand to apply this product. It glides on easily and it is easy to blend.

The only downside is that it looks a little dry/cakey, so it may be a better to use this in warmer/more humid conditions.

I also like the fact that it is oil-free and contains salicylic acid which helps control and prevent blemishes. This product has not irritated my sensitive, blemish-prone skin at all.

I will probably buy this again unless I find a better product.

on 4/4/2012 7:30:00 PM

PROS
~Great for fair skin
~Dries zits
~Conceals well
~Lasts about 4 hours
~Isn't heavy
CONS
~Doesn't last as long as the foundation
~Too drying to use as regular concealer
~~~~~~~~~~~~
I've been looking for a perfect blemish concealer for a long time and I think I finally found it. I had a hard time finding something that wasn't too yellow, too dark, too heavy, or wore off too easily. This is it. Blends into my skin easily and well enough to be worn alone. Hides my imperfections while getting rid of my blemishes. Love it.

It's definitely not a concealer you can put under your eyes or wear on daily basis if you have sensitive skin. It's a "Blemish Concealer" for a reason.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Well...this concealer feels so soft on skin...eventhought I have acne prone skin I don't want to purchase this concealer because when I tried this one on my hand... it suddenly burns my skin,maybe I'm allergic with sort of the ingredients...