April 17, 2014 | 1633 users online

Pressed Powders - Bobbi Brown - Sheer Finish Pressed Powder

rated 4 of 5 on 8/25/2008 7:31:00 PM More reviews by huinee

Another UPDATE: I started using this again because I wanted more coverage than my usual loose powder and because it's much more convenient to carry this compact around. I now think that the reason I thought this powder clogged my pores last time was because I never used a proper makeup remover. Now that I do, I don't think this is the cause of my previous breakouts.

UPDATE: I found that this powder clogs my pores and makes me break out. It's still a great powder, but be careful if you're acne-prone like I am!

I bought this in Soft Sand (5) and found the color to be a good match for my Asian skin tone. I had been using Clinique's blended face powder for a few years and noticed that it sometimes makes me look kind of orange by the end of the day. With this pressed powder, though, I remained the same color throughout the day. :D I only apply concealer, and I find that this pressed powder sets my concealer very well and doesn't enhance the flakies. But then again I have rather oily skin. It gave better coverage than loose powder did without making me look cakey. I took a lippie off because my forehead becomes shiny after a few hours, but because I love the overall feel of the powder, I'm definitely repurchasing it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/22/2008 4:56:00 PM More reviews by TKLOPS2

I really like the finish that this product provides and it doesn't make my skin break out. I do however have oily skin and after reading the review on the loose powder will be trying that to see if it works even better. I would recommend this powder and would purchase again.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2008 8:00:00 PM More reviews by islareina

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Be wary of this product if you have oily skin. I had a make-over by Bobbi Brown and the SA used the oil-free loose power on me. I walked around the store and to make sure I didn't break out in the "greasies" and surprisingly, my face stayed matte. I asked her to pack everything up and sell it to me, and she gave me the pressed powder instead by mistake. The next morning when I opened all my new little boxes, I thought that it was just the pressed version of the loose powder she decided to give me, but my face was so oily that I'd almost sworn off BB forever. It was not until recently when I was perusing Bobbi's website, that I realized that the loose powder was especially for oily skin. I called back the SA to ask if there was a particular reason why she gave me this powder when I told her I had oily skin, and she said that it was her mistake because this is definitely not for oily skins. The thing I do like about this is the mirror -- it's huge! I can see my whole face, not just one cheek and my chin. I suspect I won't get a mirror with the loose powder. (For reference: I use Golden Orange (#3) and I am a NC45 in MAC, although I don't use MAC)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/11/2008 7:34:00 PM More reviews by girliex601x

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i purchased this in pale yellow. the shade is a very soft yellow, not bright and scary at all. the color did blend into my skin nicely. that's the only good thing about the product. i had high hopes for this powder. the texture was finely milled, but some how manages to sink into every single pore imaginable and made my face oilier than even before powdering. there are wayyy better products out there for the price. i'd imagine even drugstore powders are better than this. the difference between the bb sheer finish pressed and bb regular finish pressed is the sheer clings onto every dry flakies on your face. even after an hour, the flakes are still there and not blended in at all... leaving my face w/ a shiny finish on my forehead and flakes all over my cheeks and chin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2008 1:38:00 AM More reviews by kanganqi

Great product! If i want a long lasting makeup, i will definately use this pressed powder. Because it controls oil, it makes my makeup longlasting. another great point about this is it makes my makeup look so natural, but the key point is that you have to use a brush to apply it to make a sheer look.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/19/2007 3:56:00 PM More reviews by pordanil

So far, this has been the only powder that hasn't turned darker on me. That is probably it's strongest point. I have it in Sunny Beige and it sets my concealer fairly well.

For the most part, this is a pretty good product and the best pressed powder I have used. The only reason I took one lippie off is because it does make the fine lines beneath my eyes a little more obvious when I use it to set my concealer - much less so than other brands, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 7:07:00 AM More reviews by sodivine

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ooooh I love this!!! I have had this since January 2007 and I am only just running out of it!
I have this in Golden Orange, and this is the perfect shade for my NW45 colouring. I can use it either alone, and it gives me a nice evening out of the skin tone and a real freshness and glow, or on top of my foundation just to set my oily t zone.

I've tried other blot powders and setting powders but this one I have to say is my HG. I wont be able to use anything else now! Its a bit costly, but I think it's worth it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2007 5:03:00 AM More reviews by RavenBeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so much. Gorgeous packaging and perfect color for me. It's so hard to find a pale enough color these days to match my super white skin but Bobbi's Sheer Pressed in white was beautiful. The problem was not the gorgeous packaging, color or even the price (rather expensive) but this looked cakey on me. It was very obvious. It is not really that finely milled at all. If you want a flawless finely milled powder that blankets your foundation making you look exquisite, it's Lola French Pink. I would give anything to find another powder like Lola's only without the pink. It''s absolutely gorgeous until you have to blot a few times throughout the day and find that your whole face has turned really pink (doesn't look that way first time you blot but after that it begins to ruin your look). I guess my search continues in finding that perfect finely milled powder that goes on like silk and softens your face without getting cakey (or turning pink darn't)! This was just too cakey. I tried it with a few different foundations and even a few different primers and either way it still is very obvious you are wearing heavy powder. The particles must be larger then they look to give me this effect. It's on it's way back to Nordstrom's. The search continues (also there is this odd sort of odor to the powder that you notice when you are putting it on).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 2:04:00 PM More reviews by fashionista_ae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This powder is great when used over a Bobbi Brown foundation. I use it over the Oil Free Even Finish Compact Foundation, and it gives a smooth, flawless, picture perfect look. This powder is sheer, and looks very natural, never looks cakey no matter how much you apply. It does a great job of controlling oil and you dont even have to touch up throughout the day. The best way to apply it is with the puff that it comes with, load the puff and apply by "pressing" it into the skin, dont "rub".

rated 4 of 5 on 12/26/2006 11:41:00 AM More reviews by hlj504

I placed an order for this online, and I wasn't sure about the 'Pale Yellow' shade I ordered but I figured I'd give it a shot. It's worth it!! It comes in a nice compact the same size as the Shimmer Bricks (actually, I think I mgiht need to label these on the top of the compacts so I don't confuse my three Shimmer Bricks and this!). I apply a dusting of this with my beloved MAC buffer brush (not sure if that's the type of brush I'm supposed to use with this, but I do it anyway). Gives a nice finish to my skin, and the color works after all! Might repurchase if I used it up, but I also could see myself trying something new....