September 20, 2014 | 1155 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 12:22:00 AM More reviews by JRelic

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE! I've used this for years and won't ever stop. I have it in several shades to get me through all the seasons. It is pricey but so worth it - especially in my dry colorado climate. It covers blemishes that can otherwise be difficult to fully hide. Pair it with bare minerals loose powder foundation and you'll be set all day with spot coverage. I definitely would not use this all over my entire face - it supplemental to a regular foundation in my opinion.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/28/2013 9:46:00 PM More reviews by dramaqueenad

Absolutely hate it! Terrible foundation .I would rather go out make up free than with this foudation. So oily , expensive , and makes the skin look terrible.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/26/2013 11:36:00 PM More reviews by joyousjoy88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Initially I loved this foundation. It is travel friendly and easy to use. I would take a foundation brush, swipe from the stick and apply to my face. It is a cream foundation and great for dry skins like me. I found that the shade honey was my exact match nc40/42. It had the right amount of yellow tones to it. It is creamy and very easy to blend. Best to blend out with a sponge or beauty blender. I believe I paid close to $50 CAD for this. It has medium to build-able full coverage. I found that I did need to set this foundation to keep it on. My biggest problem with this was that I did not find it long-lasting. I use it with primer, powder, and setting spray and it couldn't really get me through my work day without disappearing and separating on my face and my skin isn't oily. The price is also expensive for the stick. Even with the most perfect match to my skin tone, it's long-wear ability isn't good enough for me. I would use this for events that are around 4-6 hours max but not for everyday.

***UPDATE: 5/10/2014 - I repurchased the new version of this which says "Skin foundation" on the bottom of the stick. It is a huge improvement over the old formula. It is amazing and really does look like skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/12/2013 12:43:00 PM More reviews by orangepillow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I had a lot of hopes on this - because this was my first Bobbi Brown purchase. Bobbi Brown is highly overrated, and of course I was taken in by the hype, which is why I forked the $$$$ on this product.

Let me say right away the 1 star is for coverage and skin tone match. This does match my skin nicely, and it does a good job with coverage. It is yellow based so might not work for everyone.

Next thing I know -- MAJOR BREAKOUTS! I do have acne prone skin but my other foundations do not make me breakout like this one does. Huge red bumps, gross.

Basically here is a run down of the cons:

1. Oily foundation - this will definitely clog your pores (if you have visible pores do not use)
2. Sort of hard to blend
3. Does not stay on your face that long
4. Definitely not the right kind of foundation for sensitive / acne prone skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/30/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by newyork00

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is far and away the most expensive item I own, but it is the best cosmetic product I own. Since I first used it in 2000, when a Bobbi Brown makeup artist was hired for a wedding I was in, no foundation could ever compare and do even a fraction of what this does. After using this, using any other foundations will seem as logical as using white out on your face. This covers EVERYTHING, you will look amazing in photos but also amazing in real life. I have used foundations that do not work at all or, even worse, look cakey up close. Gross! I am not surprised to read that Dutchess Kate uses BB foundation, there really is no comparison.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2013 5:18:00 PM More reviews by xsuperbabe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Beautiful product for touching up in the day, as the formula is blendable and the packaging is ace for a make-up bag. My friend uses this as an all over base, and I sometimes use a slightly darker shade as a contour tool! Love love love.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 9:32:00 AM More reviews by michelle888

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This has been on the market for a while, and I never tried it before because I always felt Bobbi Brown's foundations in particular, and entire line in general, was way too warm-toned or yellow-based for me. However, in seeing all the great color options now available in her eyeshadows (and formulations like the creme), I decided to give this line a try. I bought the iconic stick foundation in Sand 2 (I am a Mac NW20 for the most part) and the color seemed to brighten me up and look fine. I thought the texture (smooth, creamy, elegant) was beautiful and liked the packaging (in a stick) and thought it was convenient and handy. However the application was where I was disappointed. I tried several different methods. I used a damp beauty blender, and it was like a magic trick: the foundation kept disappearing the more I would put on and "bounce" with the blender, the more it would evaporate (and not onto the sponge!). So I tried fingers, a foundation brush (Sigma), and a normal wedge sponge (dry). Finally getting enough to stay on with the brush or wedge I was satisfied. However, within about 2 hours, max, the foundation was again gone. My skin is on the dry side, so I used Bobbi's Face Base underneath, and though that was the culprit, so I tried the stick without any primer. The foundation still disappeared. And what I was left with the next morning, was a large zit on my NOSE! I am not acne-prone, so I'm thinking something about this foundation does not agree with my skin. Anyway, it gets three stars for it's shade range, luxurious feeling formula, convenience, and packaging, and may be great for others, just sadly did not work for me!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AlanahHight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! The handy packaging makes touch ups super easy and that's if you need them at all! The creamy formula is amazing for my dry skin that other foundations seem to make worse. It's only downfall, the price! Yet it's worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Great coverage, long lasting and easy to toss in your make-up bag and travel with. I wear this in the colour "Beige 3" which is the best match I have ever seen on my NC25-30 skin.This is a staple in my kit and I have been using it for over 2 years.

Coverage - this is medium to full. Bobbi Brown SA say this can also be used in place of concealer for most blemishes and undereyes circles. I still prefer to use a more peachy under eye concealer, but this works in a pinch. If I want less coverage I sheer this out with a tinted moisturiser. I like BB's natural, yellow-based colours that actually resemble skintones, so you are likely to find a match in this line.

Wear - Lasts all day till I have to remove my makeup. I set this with a light dusting of powder in the t-zone (either YSL/Laura Mercier/ or MAC mineralize skinfinish natural). Unlike NARS the Radiant Cream foundation and countless others, on me, this doesn't cake up/collect around the nose or cheek area. I actually sometimes specifically use it around the nose to cover up broken capillaries there. No flash back and looks great in photographs.

Ease of use - I love the classy and simple packaging, very convenient. No mess if you want to take it with you. If I have to go out after work I can tuck this into my purse for touch-ups.

Cons - because this is a solid cream foundation, it is probably not the best for acne-prone skin. I personally have not experienced any breakouts even though I am acne-prone and have been using this for over 2 years. Whether something is comedogenic is very personal and there is no scientifically proven list with definite a yes/no of what is and what isn't going to cause breakouts and blackheads - although it is advisable in general to avoid thickeners used in cream foundations. Again - this hasn't caused me any problems and I have been using it for a while on a daily, long-term basis, but your skin may be different.

I would and do repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I can't believe the low ratings for this foundation. This is my long searched for HG foundation! I love how this can be used as foundation or concealer. I usually apply one streak on each cheek (from about an inch below the outer corner of the eye to the corner of the nose), a smaller thin streak from the bridge to the tip of the nose, about three dots on the forehead and one dot on the chin. Blend in with fingers using quick circular motions, and VOILA: perfect light-looking coverage that is anything but sheer! I don't feel it on my face at all. The staying power is awesome. I only use a light dusting of setting powder for a little oil control and this foundation seriously lasts all day on my combo skin and the humid climate I live in. The only thing that sucks is the price, but I suppose it is worth it to look and feel my best, so I will continue to repurchase.