July 22, 2014 | 2171 users online

Stick - Bobbi Brown - Foundation Stick

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2013 12:51:00 AM More reviews by AlanahHight

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is amazing! The handy packaging makes touch ups super easy and that's if you need them at all! The creamy formula is amazing for my dry skin that other foundations seem to make worse. It's only downfall, the price! Yet it's worth every cent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

Great coverage, long lasting and easy to toss in your make-up bag and travel with. I wear this in the colour "Beige 3" which is the best match I have ever seen on my NC25-30 skin.This is a staple in my kit and I have been using it for over 2 years.

Coverage - this is medium to full. Bobbi Brown SA say this can also be used in place of concealer for most blemishes and undereyes circles. I still prefer to use a more peachy under eye concealer, but this works in a pinch. If I want less coverage I sheer this out with a tinted moisturiser. I like BB's natural, yellow-based colours that actually resemble skintones, so you are likely to find a match in this line.

Wear - Lasts all day till I have to remove my makeup. I set this with a light dusting of powder in the t-zone (either YSL/Laura Mercier/ or MAC mineralize skinfinish natural). Unlike NARS the Radiant Cream foundation and countless others, on me, this doesn't cake up/collect around the nose or cheek area. I actually sometimes specifically use it around the nose to cover up broken capillaries there. No flash back and looks great in photographs.

Ease of use - I love the classy and simple packaging, very convenient. No mess if you want to take it with you. If I have to go out after work I can tuck this into my purse for touch-ups.

Cons - because this is a solid cream foundation, it is probably not the best for acne-prone skin. I personally have not experienced any breakouts even though I am acne-prone and have been using this for over 2 years. Whether something is comedogenic is very personal and there is no scientifically proven list with definite a yes/no of what is and what isn't going to cause breakouts and blackheads - although it is advisable in general to avoid thickeners used in cream foundations. Again - this hasn't caused me any problems and I have been using it for a while on a daily, long-term basis, but your skin may be different.

I would and do repurchase this.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2013 8:19:00 PM More reviews by FlyLikeAG6

I can't believe the low ratings for this foundation. This is my long searched for HG foundation! I love how this can be used as foundation or concealer. I usually apply one streak on each cheek (from about an inch below the outer corner of the eye to the corner of the nose), a smaller thin streak from the bridge to the tip of the nose, about three dots on the forehead and one dot on the chin. Blend in with fingers using quick circular motions, and VOILA: perfect light-looking coverage that is anything but sheer! I don't feel it on my face at all. The staying power is awesome. I only use a light dusting of setting powder for a little oil control and this foundation seriously lasts all day on my combo skin and the humid climate I live in. The only thing that sucks is the price, but I suppose it is worth it to look and feel my best, so I will continue to repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/16/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by kspeller

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I use this in dashes across my face where I need more coverage, then blend with a drop of tinted moisturizer. I could never imagine using this as a full-out foundation--it would be way too heavy and thick. But to give my TM a little more coverage where I need it, it works nicely. Also serves well as under eye concealer. I have two shades--I like it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2013 7:05:00 AM More reviews by nattiekins05

To be honest, i am super surprised at the feedback on this product... i had really good luck with it, thankfully, because it was almost $50. One thing that puzzled me is why it would be called a foundation. I NEVER used it as such, i used it as a concealer. I would dab it onto my blemishes and imperfections after applying primer, and then I would use my foam blending brush to blend it in. I wonder if anyone else was confused by this- and thats partly why the reviews are so low? This product is a bit misleading, because it has all the properties of a good concealer- its thick and creamy, easy to blend, and gives a very high coverage... of you used this all over your face, like you would a normal foundation, you would look like a clown with a chunky, thick mask on your face... this is why its used on my face as a concealer. Moving on, i LOVE that it comes in a stick... it is totally mess free, I am able to use every bit of the product without any going to waste, i got the light/fair skin color and it matches my skintone perfectly... i love that because this product does come in a stick, you dont NEED any brushes or blending tools- your finger works just as good with achieving that perfect look. One of the only downfalls for me was the price... as much as i loved this product, it wasnt my HG product, worth spending the $50 on. I have a feeling my tube will last me a very long time, being that i only use it as a concealer. I would highly reccomend getting a sample of this first, to see how you like it... i have a feeling the name on the tube is why we pay an arm and a leg. anyway. try it for yourself, i totally love it, the price is the only thing that may hinder me to re-purchase! <3

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 12:38:00 PM More reviews by nad1a246

Got this in porcelain to suit my pale neutral skin and it matches pretty well however this stuff is not full coverage, it is medium at most and even then you need to use loads and since you don't get much of it , I doubt it's very cost effective. And it does seem to stick to dry bits.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2013 10:31:00 AM More reviews by petitsmots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My lord, why do I not try this product earlier?! I don't think I am ever so satisfied with any foundation's performance until I came across this last week. Gonna chuck my lancome, maybeline, loreal, revlon and other blemish balm cream all away. This guy's staying. It looks like I have nothing on my face because it just look so natural. I can rock the no-makeup look with the foundation in half a minute. Done.

Btw, i have over-active oily pores and this magic simply concealed it. I could blot my face 2-3 or more for the entire day without having to re-touch. I just pat on a little bit and it could last for so long, plus it doesn't clog my pores. Just dust a little loose powder, perfect.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/3/2013 10:42:00 PM More reviews by lawgirl07

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm really not the biggest fan of this foundation which was a pretty big disappointment since I forked out so much money for it.

For it's good points:
- it comes in a decent variety of shades and for the first time, I found one that was an exact match for my skin colour
- it didn't cause any weird reactions, clog pores or start a break out (yay!)
- the stick form is pretty handy (i found the best way to blend it was to warm it on my fingertips and apply it manually)
- pretty damn good coverage

For its minuses:
- hello oil slick. every time I used it, I would look in a mirror mid-way through the day and look like the a total greaseball. and that is honestly saying something for me because on my best days, my skin is about as dry as the sahara desert.
In a desperate attempt to not have wasted my money, I tried using it in different ways to reduce the oiliness - less moisturiser underneath, different primers, different powders on top. Nothing worked so I've given up.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/2/2013 4:03:00 AM More reviews by HapaKikui

How disappointing! I bought this because it has the coverage that I need for my blemishes and acne scars. When used with the pressed powder, it looks amazing. However, after looking in the mirror after only working for four hours, my face was already an oil slick. It had already settled into my fine lines under my eyes and around my nose and laugh line. It made me look downright old! On top of that, it had almost completely faded off of the top of my nose and my chin even though I hadn't touched my face. Thinking not using a face primer was the issue, I tried again. No improvement. After a week, I was already noticing new breakouts. Will definitely not be repurchasing.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2013 3:09:00 PM More reviews by beatles4life

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I've been using this product for almost a year now, and I'm still just as happy with it as I was when I first bought it. I went to House of Fraser looking for a full coverage foundation that didn't have any dimethicone. This one was the only one they had at the time that fit my requirement. I like the fact that it actually matches my pale skin (so many foundations I've tried have been too pink or too yellow, or made me look like a TOWIE cast member), so it was nice to not have that horrible foundation line on my jaw. (Just for reference, the sales assistant matched me as Porcelain). I now layer it between Bare Minerals powder and a Natural Collection powder from Boots. My only complaints are that there isn't enough in the tube and it doesn't have any SPF. The staying power is reasonably good, considering how incredibly oily my skin is, but for a dimethicone-free foundation, I think that's fair enough.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No