Physicians Formula Eye Definer Felt-Tip Eye Marker

2.7

on 2/15/2012 7:42:00 PM

Dried out within 2-3 weeks. The brush was soft & the line was decent, but the color was very weak & wore off on my oily skin w/in 1/2 day. the pen itself could be great-they just need to improve the formula. I actually love E.L.F.'s marker, but it also dries out w/in a few weeks.

on 2/9/2012 11:49:00 AM

I bought this eyeliner on a whim and it's not the best but it's not the worse either. I like the felt applicator, it's not too stiff but not so flimsy either. The pigment was good at first but as i kept using it it started to fade and i had to do at least two layers or it'd be streaky. It last me through out the day if i put in on the top of my lid but wouldn't stay on the bottom (i've yet to find a good liner that will work on the bottom if you have suggestions please do give them :/)... other than that it's an alright liner but i don't think i'd buy it again. Can't remember how much it was sorry. :(

on 2/4/2012 3:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I had high hopes for this eyeliner to work well, but it was not pigmented at all. Waste of money.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse

I am no novice when it comes to applying eyeliner, liquid, gel or whatever. But this brought the annoyance I felt when I first began experimenting with it. Something I thought it was settling in the back of my mind for years. I bought this with the idea that it would simplify my makeup bag and it just made things worse. The brush was too flexible, but soft at least. The color was too watery and the pigmentation light. The application was too erratic and made me feel clumsy, no matter how stable my hand was. And the final result requires too much cleaning. I dont recommend this at all.

on 1/5/2012 12:23:00 PM

Looked like I had lined my eyes with one of my little brother's magic markers. (Perhaps I should have, it would have looked better!) Very watery, and not much pigment. Despite capping it tightly, and storing it upside down, the marker dried out after three uses. Fail!

on 11/23/2011 8:37:00 PM

SO TERRIBLE. Please don't buy this. Looks like a watered down gray color. I know it's not a lot of money, but I will be returning this garbage.

on 9/8/2011 1:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I have small eyes and it's very easy for me to smudge eyeliner. I draw a thin line on my lashline and this does a good job.
The thing I love about this is there are no leakages so I can line my eyes in a taxi. (sometimes without a miror)
I haven't had any issues with my marker drying out, ny last marker lasted my 6 months before it dried out. (finished)

on 8/21/2011 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I didn't buy this eyeliner on sale. I grabbed it because my friend reccomended it, and because it was slightly cheaper than my almay liquid eyeliner.
It's terrible. I sometimes like to line my upper lash line, on days when I want to get that 50's starlet look. After about an hour, the liner, which doesn't come out very well, as the 'felt tip' is both way too long and way too stiff, I found that my line, instead of being an intesnse black, was a dull gray. Doesn't have the same effect. And for 5 dollars, it's awful. Don't waste your money. I'm sticking with Almay.

on 8/20/2011 2:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Got this in a swap. Only used once so far, but I can usually tell right away whether I like something or not. I like it so far. I can see where people say theirs have dried out because even though mine isn't completely dried out, it's dryer than other pens I've used. (maybeline stiletto) However, i happen to like this because with the wetter formulas, it can get quite messy and actually end up in your eyes if you have watery eyes like me. I haven't experienced any smudging and when I swatched a line on my hand, it took quite a lot of scrubbing to get off. I wish this site had a "maybe" choice for would I buy this product again... because it's a maybe. I prefer other liners above this, so I'd only repurchase if it were on sale.. or if I could get it in a swap.

on 4/9/2011 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

I only got this because it was 75% off. I'm glad I didn't pay full price. It didn't dry out on me as easily as other reviewers have said. But it was not a smooth, pigmented line across my lashline either. I had to draw short strokes across the lashline in order to get a line with no skips. My biggest problem was the color. The shade I bought was Soft Black. I did not know that Soft Black = blue. It shows up totally blue on me. I have plenty of pretty blue liners, but this is like a faded black/blue that was not pretty. Trashed it.