MAC Studio Fix Fluid SPF 15

3.5

on 7/8/2015 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

This is my standard basic liquid foundation. I benchmark with it and like that it is widely available. I find that the formula is light and long wearing. My T-zone gets shiny but it's nothing major that a good primer and/or setting powder cannot handle.

on 7/4/2015 1:39:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have mixed feelings about this product. I like to have full coverage foundation as I have a lot of blemishes I am insecure about and this product claimed to be just that. However when I tried this, the foundation had a sheer coverage and needed a good few layers to get even close to covering my blemishes! I would never wear this without a concealer. I do however like the finish as it is semi-matte but I do apply a powder over the top to pro long the wear and just get rid of any unwanted shine. I have oily skin so I was scared of how long the foundation would last during the day but I found it would last a good 6-8 hours before it started to look bad which didn't bother me as I always apply a fresh face of makeup after a working day before I go out anyway. One problem with this foundation is the fact it does oxidise to an orange tone which did not look flattering on my pale skin, neither did the yellow tones which Mac seem to offer. The foundation doesn't have a particular smell, just a typical foundation smell which didn't bother me and has a lovely smooth feel to it. Overall I would repurchase this foundation if necessary because it's long lasting and has a lovely finish to it without looking cakey however the cons are that it gives flashback in photos (due to the SPF) and oxidises.

on 7/2/2015 6:59:00 AM

Clients love this - I do not. I think this foundation is more suited to those with combination/oily skin, unlike myself - completely normal skin.

Generally, I find MAC's shade selection to be very poor, if like myself, you are very pale. I have the shade NW13 in this, but for me, I found that this oxidized very badly. Don't get me wrong, I get so many compliments when I wear this foundation, however, this is with blending it down my neck to actually get it to match my skin colour.

In terms of the consistency, I found it to be very thick and high coverage. I know that many people prefer lighter coverage foundations, but although my skin isn't very problematic, I prefer the coverage of this foundation to lighter foundations.

Personally, I reach for my NARS Sheer Glow a lot more than this one.

on 6/21/2015 10:16:00 AM

This is in my top 5 favourite foundations.

Gives very good coverage, I use with a damp beauty blender and it blends really well into the skin. I then use cream blush and bronzer and lightly powder over the top. This is one of the foundations that last the nicest on my skin, I powder maybe once of twice throughout the day and it always still looks great after a long day at work.

I don't mind the smell, its very faint and it's quite a thick but runny formula.

Love this.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I loveeeee this foundation! I have a weird skin combination. My forehead is oily and the rest of my face is extremely dry. I have a lot of acne scars and redness. I have acne prone sensitive skin. I use the color nc15 and it is the first foundation light enough to match my fair skin. The coverage is amazing. It does not cling to my dry patches but it also doesn't make me oily. It leaves my skin flawless. It is a bit heavy on the skin but for the full coverage it has it's not as heavy as other full coverage foundation I have tried. It last at least 9 hours on my skin with setting spray. The only thing wrong with it is that it breaks me out. When I wear it the next day I wake up with acne. So I only use it for special occasions because I love the coverage. I love it so much that I still wear it even though it brakes me out.

Alright, so to start off I'd like to say that before you go rushing out to buy this you need to get a sample of it. I'm no expert so I have no idea what the issue is, but for some people this is an excellent foundation, for others it's the worst. My friend and I bought this at the same time but while I love it, it broke her out really badly and she returned it almost immediately after purchasing.

However, if you're like me then this stuff is awesome. I use NW15, my skin is not smooth at all and is both super oily and super dry, so finding a good foundation that actually stays on and looks good for more than 3/4 hours has been an awful struggle. It took me a while to learn that no matter how highly rated a product is, it doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you (here's looking at you NARS).

I apply this (after moisturising and priming of course) very lightly, and get light to medium coverage. It lasts all day for me without getting flaky or gross, and my skin has yet to break out because of it. I think the price is pretty good for a foundation that actually works and stays on, but the lack of a pump does frustrate me. I will be re-purchasing unless I somehow fall face first into a better foundation and at the moment this is actually my HG (I know it's a big call but it just loves my skin!!).

on 6/8/2015 3:04:00 AM

I love this foundation I love wearing it when I wanna look a little more tan because it does oxidize on ur face and at the same time give u an amazing demi - matte finish. it'll last around 6-8 hours on u if u use a good setting powder, I find that if u dust the studio fix powder foundation over this lightly, it makes it last a little longer.

on 6/6/2015 3:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Where do I even start with this foundation?! This was my first foundation EVER!! Got my first bottle back in 2007 when I started with makeup I was 17 years old! Not having a clue about makeup & not even needing to use foundation I went into the Mac store Without any research, I skipped the drugstore & went straight into "high end" from the jump, bought this foundation,some brushes I didn't need along with skin care and primers that I didn't know what they were for or if I needed them, all I know was I spent about $400 on my first makeup EVER!

I kept using this foundation for 5 years straight every single day. Looking like a orange grease ball everyday. NC42 was my shade & I bought that foundation like no other, bottle after bottle. I went into cosmetology school & learned a lot more & more about MY skin & everyone's skin & all these ingredients that are so bad!! So I learned I actually have very perfect skin, I always had and never knew but I also had very oily skin that was actually due to dehydration? Go figure!

ANYWAYS... Back to studio fix!! I also learned this broke out ALOT of people 1)because the consistency is so thick that most people using this dont really need that type of coverage 2)this is NOT a daily wear foundation & 3) & MOST importantly this foundation contains ALOT of wax in it!! So the wax clogs a lot of pores and causes break out on acne prone and sensitive skin & guess what?? Thats the reason why it's so orange & made me look straight out of the chocolate factory movie! Oompa Loompa!!

So Now, I stay FAR FAR away from MAC foundations specially this one!! I mean, I'm not going to lie I do own a bottle of their "safest matte" foundation which is the Pro-longwear BUT I will ONLY use that for any events where I like the extra coverage that I don't need on the daily.

BUT for each their own!! That was my experience using this 5 years straight being my first foundation ever that Was hard letting go off without knowledge!! Now i would NEVER EVER use this or many other Mac products, but I do use MAC's blushes and eye shadows even their concealer.

& like I said I am stateboard certified for cosmetology so I know a thing or two about skincare BUT by all means to each their own & no one should get stopped from using a product over another persons experience.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have a love hate relationshit with this foundation. It doen't break me out which is why i keep buying it but i find the colour so hard to get a proper match. Mac's colour breakdown is really strange. NC which you'd think would be COOL and NW which you think would be WARM, are actually switched.I use NC forever before realizing , even with the NW i find it very hard to blend, always leaves some form of a line, the plus is the price and how long it last, the bottle is terrible though and if you want a pump( which you NEED) it's more money which is stupid. I would love to find something else that works for me but i'm nervous of breaking out! AH.

on 6/3/2015 8:25:00 PM

This product is ok mostly 4/5 stars , it looked pretty amazing at first but kinda oxidize a tiny bit later on during the hours. The best way i feel like this can be apply for a natural look is the beauty blender or the real techniques miracle sponge, for a more fuller coverage look i recommend the standard foundation brush. This feels quite heavy on my face although i can handle it cause i can rock heavy "feeling" foundations so this might not suit people who prefer a light weight foundation. Lol secondly the smell , THIS SMELLS LIKE PAINT like literally the wall paint i dont know why mac could of at least put some sort of frangrance in this i mean come on mac u can do better but later on i can get used to it cause right now its my daily foundation where it wears typically 8 hours before u know to re powder etc etc.