Dove Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar

4.2

Sodium Lauroyl Isethionate, Stearic Acid, Sodium Tallowate, Sodium Palmitate, Lauric Acid, Sodium Isethionate, Water, Sodium Stearate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Cocoate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sodium Chloride, Tetrasodium EDTA, Tetrasodium Etidronate, Maltol, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891)

on 9/15/2011 1:34:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I'm fragrance sensitive. There is a subtle whiff of clean smell, not as strong as other dove bar soaps. Did not irritate my skin. Lathered up well, rinsed off completely. Good budget bar soap alternative to the pricier organic/natural/plant based cleanser bars. I recommend this soap over the fragrance loaded baby bar soaps.

on 8/13/2011 5:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The only bar soap (or any product, for that matter) that I use to wash my body.
My skin is extremely sensitive, as I have eczema, but this soap hasn't irritated it in the slightest. I also don't get that overly dry feeling I usually get from other soaps.
There's not really much more that I can say to sum up how much I love this soap. I have and will continue to use and recommend it.

Edit: While I was in Europe recently, I used this as a multipurpose product (face/body soap & for shaving). It did a fairly good job for my face and I didn't break out from it, and as far as shaving went, it did a decent job, but the hard water (literally mountain water, people!) made it hard for the soap to lather well enough to stay on my legs.

on 7/29/2011 2:23:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I use the original Dove beauty bar (occasionally their seasonal scents) I use to wash face & body never had any issues it always left my skin super soft, silky, moisturized and I didn't have to apply lotion on afterward, weirdly I got the sensitive bar and it's ultra drying. Funny b/c it's geared for sensitive skin, it didn't leave me with a silky, moisturized feeling like the other Dove bars? I tried this for a while, but still, dry skin... weird I love Dove though just not this bar.

on 7/7/2011 12:06:00 AM

This is the only bar soap that I use right now. My skin has gotten more finicky as I've gotten older and this doesn't aggravate my skin at all. I don't always use it but when my skin is acting up (itchy, rashy, etc.), this is my go to!

on 7/3/2011 4:52:00 PM

This is the only body soap I can use. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to exfoliate, but first I use this soap with a loofa. I absolutely love it! I've been using this for about six years, and it's the only thing that kept my skin moisturized and clear. Every time I've tried to switch to a body wash or even just another Dove soap my skin has had a fit (I really do need to learn not to try new things so often when it comes to skin care...), but this cleanser always clears me back up again and keeps my skin soft and happy :)

That said, I wouldn't use it on your face. Typically what works wonders on one part of the body is bound to cause problems when put on your face, when I did use this my nose and forehead broke out (stopped using it and went back to Cetaphil and MB Glycolic and everything went back to normal). So stick to this as a good body cleanser if you have sensitive, acne prone skin, and avoid putting it on your face.

PROS:

- Cheap, lasts forever.

- Moisturizes and cleanses

- Won't irritate/breakout body (but avoid the face!)

CONS:

- It's a bar...that's just awkward and totally fodder for comedy sketches when in the shower.

- May cause breakouts on the face if you experiment and use it there.

Conclusion:

Total keeper! Give it a try, it's dirt cheap, and shouldn't cause any problems when used below the neck :)

on 5/2/2011 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Hands down the only body cleanser I will probably ever use. I have been using it and it only for the last, oh I don't know, 10 years of my life. Its amazingly moisturizing considering its a sensitive skin formula. The one con is that it really does melt pretty fast, so keep it dry when not in use.

on 4/14/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Ive been using this as a facial cleanser off and on for years. I have never had any problems with it. Gets the job done and keeps my skin clear and smooth. My only complaint is I wish Dove had a facial cleanser in a liquid form? I dont feel like a bar sitting in a shower is very sanitary.

on 4/14/2011 9:26:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this soap to wash my face, chest, and back with (it is too drying for my arms and legs). I have used this almost all my life. I have tried other things like: Neutrogena, clean and clear, proactive, panthenol cleanser, and Dr. hauschka cleansing cream. I always come back to dove after a few weeks. I have very sensitive/combination/clog prone skin and this is what works best for me.

on 3/19/2011 3:11:00 PM

I LOVE this product. It doesn't break me out or dry my skin out. It works so well and it doesn't irritate my skin at all and it doesn't leave a film on my skin. I use it on my face and my body. I love it and definitely recommend it.

on 1/23/2011 4:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

Easy and refreshing on my combo yet sensitive skin. I don't use soap on my face anymore and I have a ton of body washes so I have no reason to use it, but I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

Popular Gels/Soaps