October 24, 2014 | 1449 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dove - Sensitive Skin Unscented Beauty Bar

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2011 2:23:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the original Dove beauty bar (occasionally their seasonal scents) I use to wash face & body never had any issues it always left my skin super soft, silky, moisturized and I didn't have to apply lotion on afterward, weirdly I got the sensitive bar and it's ultra drying. Funny b/c it's geared for sensitive skin, it didn't leave me with a silky, moisturized feeling like the other Dove bars? I tried this for a while, but still, dry skin... weird I love Dove though just not this bar.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by BadBlood

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the only bar soap that I use right now. My skin has gotten more finicky as I've gotten older and this doesn't aggravate my skin at all. I don't always use it but when my skin is acting up (itchy, rashy, etc.), this is my go to!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2011 4:52:00 PM More reviews by NettalynnVL

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is the only body soap I can use. I use Mario Badescu's Glycolic Foaming Cleanser to exfoliate, but first I use this soap with a loofa. I absolutely love it! I've been using this for about six years, and it's the only thing that kept my skin moisturized and clear. Every time I've tried to switch to a body wash or even just another Dove soap my skin has had a fit (I really do need to learn not to try new things so often when it comes to skin care...), but this cleanser always clears me back up again and keeps my skin soft and happy :)

That said, I wouldn't use it on your face. Typically what works wonders on one part of the body is bound to cause problems when put on your face, when I did use this my nose and forehead broke out (stopped using it and went back to Cetaphil and MB Glycolic and everything went back to normal). So stick to this as a good body cleanser if you have sensitive, acne prone skin, and avoid putting it on your face.

PROS:

- Cheap, lasts forever.

- Moisturizes and cleanses

- Won't irritate/breakout body (but avoid the face!)

CONS:

- It's a bar...that's just awkward and totally fodder for comedy sketches when in the shower.

- May cause breakouts on the face if you experiment and use it there.

Conclusion:

Total keeper! Give it a try, it's dirt cheap, and shouldn't cause any problems when used below the neck :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/2/2011 10:14:00 PM More reviews by godpsent

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Deep Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Black

Hands down the only body cleanser I will probably ever use. I have been using it and it only for the last, oh I don't know, 10 years of my life. Its amazingly moisturizing considering its a sensitive skin formula. The one con is that it really does melt pretty fast, so keep it dry when not in use.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2011 1:35:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ive been using this as a facial cleanser off and on for years. I have never had any problems with it. Gets the job done and keeps my skin clear and smooth. My only complaint is I wish Dove had a facial cleanser in a liquid form? I dont feel like a bar sitting in a shower is very sanitary.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 9:26:00 AM More reviews by wildone

I love this soap to wash my face, chest, and back with (it is too drying for my arms and legs). I have used this almost all my life. I have tried other things like: Neutrogena, clean and clear, proactive, panthenol cleanser, and Dr. hauschka cleansing cream. I always come back to dove after a few weeks. I have very sensitive/combination/clog prone skin and this is what works best for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 3:11:00 PM More reviews by cbzak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I LOVE this product. It doesn't break me out or dry my skin out. It works so well and it doesn't irritate my skin at all and it doesn't leave a film on my skin. I use it on my face and my body. I love it and definitely recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/23/2011 4:27:00 AM More reviews by itsKelCeeEee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Easy and refreshing on my combo yet sensitive skin. I don't use soap on my face anymore and I have a ton of body washes so I have no reason to use it, but I'd recommend it in a heartbeat.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2011 1:05:00 PM More reviews by j19191

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A lot of friends with sensitive skin or acne have recommended this product, they love it. I started using it, and at first I really liked it. I don't know what it is, but it definitely has something I am allergic to in it - how ironic!
Based in the fact that so many other people I know have had success, and the cost, I'd say it's worth a try, it just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2010 9:47:00 PM More reviews by SBMD2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the best product to cleanse my combo skin. It is scentless, gentle and does not dry out my face or cause it to break out. I usually get a package of two for around $3 at Target every few months.