December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Self Tanners - Lancome - Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/9/2007 10:15:00 PM More reviews by icantthinkofaname

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love the one that is in the tube. It gives me a deep tan.
(IMO: The spray on one did not work well for me and streaked.)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2007 12:35:00 PM More reviews by reb1964

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a very fair complexion, legs never tan, and need something to take care of the "pasty white" and camouflage the spider veins. I have been using Lancome Flash Bronzer Tinted Leg Gel for the past 2 years and it is wonderful! I usually do shave and exfoliate before using. It doesn't look fake, has a nice light shimmer, and a very slight, nice scent as it goes on. It is easy to apply if you have experience with bronzers, etc.--just keeping in mind to rub it in and use long strokes. I have never had problems with it around the areas that tend to get dry such as ankles and knees.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2007 10:19:00 AM More reviews by lmichelle

This product has been my best friend this summer! It was recommended to me by a coworker who swore by it. It is pricey (about $30) but I think it goes a long way, and I will repurchase this despite the price simply because it works so well. I have light skin and although I don't think I am very clutzy with self-tanners, I have never been able to get them to look good at all until now. Since I'm so pale, I started off mixing this gel (by the way, my bottle says nothing about it being for just for legs) with equal parts plain body lotion, maybe even more lotion just to start. It has always blended perfectly and while I think I will always have a few areas I have trouble getting even on my knees and ankles/feet, I am completely in love with the results this stuff brings! I have gradually increased the tanner to lotion ratio as i have gotten darker and gotten a little bit of a natural tan this summer. I think i will continue to mix it with lotion just because it blends so well. I have not tried the gel alone. Plus I think mixing it stretches the amount of product. I have even mixed a few dabs with my face lotion and it gives a nice natural glow there, too. It may have clogged my pores a little bit, but i'm not positive the tanner is the cause. It dries faster than any other I have tried, and has such a mild scent that I would even put this on in the morning if I had to rather than at night. Can't say enough good things! This comes in one color but two "finishes" I guess. The one I have is the "natural" I think it's called and there is also one with shimmer in it as others have mentioned. I highly recommend this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2007 6:34:00 PM More reviews by maryamin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

here is my 2 cents: I have a sand beige skin tone with some shades of Mediterranean olive undertone so : It turned my skin to maybe half degree darker than it was. It was like I am just back from my first day on the beach. it smooths the skin and the smell is ok. overall it is a reasonably wanted product because a great job that it does not do: it does not turn you ORANGE. I remember once the beauty editor of LUCKY magazine said that she even use it on her face! my only question is, since Paula Beguin believes that the formula in Lancome and L'Oreal products are the same, aren't we paying too much for some thing we can find its pair in drugsstores?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2007 6:50:00 AM More reviews by Zubina

How much do I love this product??? I have tried nearly every self-tanner out there, and this is the only one that I have ever come back to. There are two colors, "Natural" and "Shimmer." I like the "Shimmer" as it gives a subtle sparkle to the skin that makes the tan look even nicer. The best features of this self-tanner are that IT DOES NOT SMELL (on me anyway) and IT WILL NOT TRANSFER onto your clothes or sheets. Add to that a gorgeous, natural resulting color, and I have found my HG! I have pale neutral skin, blonde hair and blue eyes, and Flash Bronzer is just right (not too dark or orangey). I use it very sparingly (one pump of the bottle per leg) and blend it in very well. No streaking, no surprises. Love it!! Thank you, Lancome -- I will re-purchase again and again!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/30/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by jess55

i adore this product.i have really pale skin and i never tan just freckles..this product gives a lovely brown color and i love the slight shimmer in it.if it is your first time using it i would not be put off by the extent of the shimmer in the gel as you apply,when you wash it off its very subtle.although its marketed as a leg gel i use it on my arms and shoulders also and it works just as well there.the smell is not the worst,dries nicely and comes up a nice color.i have used this for years and havent found a nicer tanner yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2007 5:34:00 AM More reviews by Emma13

Nope. I don't know how I was suckered into buying this. The shimmer and tint sounded enticing, but the result wasn't all that. And the bottom line: the colour was no more natural looking on me than any cheaper self-tan such as L'Oreal. I'll stick to Fake Bake.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/16/2007 1:52:00 PM More reviews by tried_em_all

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Awesome product, love the smell, love the color of the bronzer that you see immediately, and of course, is so helpful when you are applying it, and I love the color I get from using it. Although there is a little transference of the color on clothes and sheets, it washes out. I have used this for years, and the cost is too much, but It's worth it to me. I'm very fair, and do not tan, (burn, peel, freckle, and maybe if I'm lucky, get a dirty sort of tan) and this actually gives me a really beautiful color. It is fantastic. I kind of like the shimmer (and I'm not a shimmer gal). This product just really makes my skin pretty and I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2007 3:41:00 PM More reviews by etmg

i love this product. I am not great at applying self tan, especially to the legs as I find I make a real mess of my knees and ankles with streaks and uneven application which ruin the effect. I have tried the tinted moisturising self tanners such as Johnsons Holiday skin which are fool proof but sometimes not quite tan enough for me. I mix this with a really thick body moisturiser (the righteous butter by Soap & Glory) and it absolutely brilliant; it never streaks, if you mix it about half and half. I think this product would be a little to dark for me on its own (not to mention I would get through a tube every month) but I am happy with this. I like the sparkles in it as they are barely visible on the legs but give a nice sheen from a distance. Will definitely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2007 2:53:00 PM More reviews by venezia

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My skin is dry, sensitive, and pale, so I am always a bit skeptical of self-tanners. They're usually too dark, even if I buy a formula specifically designed for pale skin. This one by Lancome is amazing! The tint is definitely darker than the actual color you get, so it's hard to overapply. I found this product didn't streak at all. It has hardly any scent initially, but the typical self-tanner smell does kick in after a while. This product dries quickly, but not so quickly that you can't smooth it out as you apply it. I could do without the "sparkles" in the gel, but that's only a quibble; they really aren't that noticeable. At just under $30 per tube, it's pricey, but worth it. I will defintely repurchase, hopefully when there's a decent GWP available!