April 20, 2014 | 1701 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Avene - Cicalfate Creme restauratrice

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 5/12/2012 11:33:00 AM More reviews by Yishabeila

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff has rave reviews both on MUA and on a famous French consumer beauty website (similar to MUA). Despite my high confidence that this product would help healing scabs or scars or anything in between, it did nothing for me.

The texture is quite pleasant though. But that's not nearly enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2012 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Freckledflower

I love this stuff. I have very sensitive acne prone skin and this helped calm in down in the winter. It took away the redness and kept my face moisturized. The only thing is if I used it in the day, my face would get shiny by mid-afternoon but that is normal for me anyway. I also noticed that my acne wasn't as bad while I was using this :). Yes its thick and hard to spread but if you warm it up in your hands that's not a problem.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2012 12:32:00 AM More reviews by wtfiholly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I can not say "maybe" it's always just "yes" or "no". I love the body wash, the body lotion/cream, but I am on the fence about this.
I use it once a week to help moisturize my skin in certain areas from my psoriasis patches, so it heals a bit faster at least that's what I'd like to think. I only use a bit and I pat it onto my patch after I use my body lotion/cream from Avene, I'm finding that the body lotion/cream is a better fix than this.
It states that it is to repair the skin and I find that the body lotion/cream does a great job without this. I also find that this tends to dry out my patches and that makes things worse for me. I can not use this on my hands, but I can with the body lotion/cream and my hands are soft for about 3 hours then it's back to drysville, but if I don't use it and I just use the body lotion/cream I am soft for all day and then some.
I suppose I should just use this in winter and let things be as they should be in the summer, but if I'm dry in the summer from this particular cream then how will it be in the winter when everything is dryer than Nevada in June? I'm afraid, LOL.
I will use this as needed for a more intense thing if it needs to be like that. I am guessing that I will find it a better use in the winter. I just have to wait. I will update then. For now it is what it is.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/27/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by cherryme

This product is a big NO for me! It doesn't help me in any way, it is hard to spread, it sits on the skin and it looks weird, it clogs my pores and it leaves a white cast on my face. Disgusting. For sure I will not buy it again and I will use the rest of the cream on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2012 10:53:00 AM More reviews by efoursha

I was actually given this product by my plastic surgeon after my tummy tuck/breast reduction surgeries. I had a scar revision tummy tuck after multiple surgeries on my abdomen for a perforated bowel. This is a miracle product for fair skinned people whose scars are reddish in color. This product minimized the redness and really healed my abdomen/breasts at a fast rate. I would highly recommend this product for extensive scar minimizing the redness and healing time.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2012 4:49:00 PM More reviews by nb55

UPDATE- I just upped this to a 5 because it came to the rescue yet again after a very aggressive peel. It is a tried and true remedy.

This is a great product to have in your skin "first aid kit." I don't think of it as an everyday product since I only use it once in a while when I go overboard on the exfoliation. For example, I just made a huge mistake with an lactic acid exfoliant that is supposed to be a spot treatment and used it all over my face. Disaster. My skin stretched tight like it does when you get a dermatologist extreme peel. I have been trying to keep it covered in jojoba oil so it doesn't crack but then I remembered Cicalfate. Instant relief. The zinc in the product prevents infection and soothes the inflammation. It is priced reasonably. I used to try and use it on acne but never had any success, much like the other reviewers. However, the product materials don't say to use it for acne. Good, solid product that is priced reasonably (bought it at skinstore with 20% off so around $13).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 12:58:00 PM More reviews by nehelenia

This product is really good. Afer my last session with Fraxel laser, my skin was red and very dry and this cream managed to reduce the redness and hydrate my skin. The cream is white and greasy, but after an hour it is completely absorbed into the skin. The price in Europe is really good, I paid about 12$ for it. Again, I love this products, it is very efficient, it can also work as a moisturizer. I highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 10:44:00 AM More reviews by mizztree

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have combination skin that tends to break out if I look at it too long in a mirror. Recently - I started to get hormonal acne constantly and I needed to up the ante in my regime by adding in glycolic acid but it was leaving my skin SO unhappy - I was certain there was no hope.

Enter Cicalfate.

I use it as my everything cream now. I follow my treatment with it and my face feels calm and looks great. I get compliments from co-workers about the texture of my skin.

It also helps with the chapped skin on my hands.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2012 2:59:00 PM More reviews by purpldy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Great cream for those times I get stupid and try out new products that end up not agreeing with my very sensitive skin. Helps calm soreness reactions quickly, within a few hours usually, and heals rashes and bumps usually within a few days. Does not dry me out like the typical zinc oxide "ointments" (diaper creams) do. If you are sensitive this cream should be a staple at your house and I carry a tube in my handbag every day. ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2012 6:03:00 PM More reviews by hanmu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ah, I love this stuff. It took me a while to track down, but it was worth it. It works excellently at healing scabs, sunburns, insect bites, dry cuticles, you name it! It has a very rich, creamy texture and I love how cool and soothing it feels upon application. Unfortunately I broke out after using it as an all-over moisturiser, but since I didn't buy it for that purpose I can't complain. Will keep repurchasing as long as I can find it!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No