July 31, 2014 | 1047 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Miracle Cure

rated 1 of 5 on 1/8/2010 9:51:00 AM More reviews by Venuschampagne

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I bought this product due to the positive commenets made by the various users, but is disappointed by the results.

I had my nail extensions removed two months ago, and my nails became super brittle and soft. I have been using this since then, but it did nothing to my nails.

As previous user have mentioned rightly, the peels off soon next day or so. And definitely make my OPI color chip off fast!

Don't try!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 12:14:00 AM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I don't like this polish. It takes forever to dry and is goopy/bubbly. I don't know how well it "cures" nails because I usually end up removing it not long after putting it on because it's way too messy. The one time I left it on after it finally dried, it ended up peeling off the next day. I definitely won't repurchase and might not even finish it up. The bottle is cute, though. I'm happy that it's worked well for others, but I'm sticking with my Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2009 1:03:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This definitely is a miracle cure for my poor nails. My nails tend to split & peel when I wear nail polish - this fortunately is no longer a problem now that a friend put me onto sally hansen miracle cure. My nails can have nail polish on them everyday of the week & there's no splitting or peeling in sight. This has made me feel a lot better about wearing nail polish - given me a lot more confidance about showing coloured nails in public. I can't do a manicure without this product - my nail just won't handle the nail polish chemicals without it. If this product is ever discontinued - I'm up the creek without a paddle :(

rated 3 of 5 on 11/6/2009 8:43:00 AM More reviews by jrl521

After having worn acrylic nails for a while I decided to go back to my natural ones and needed a product that would help revitalize my weak paper thin nails. I gave this a try but did nothing for me. After two months of faithfully applying as the packaging specified I saw no improvement. Moved on to my new found HG in nail treatment.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by cmhwi

Age: Unknown Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My nails have always been week and prone to peeling at the tips. If I don't have on something, they would cease to exist.
My initial impressions of this were good. Over time, however, it seemed to dry out my nails and stop working altogether. The recent bottle I picked up got gunky very quickly. I wasn't happy, so have returned to my Nailtiques 2.
FYI: I read on MUA that there is a product at Sally Beauty called Miracle Nail or something like that (blue box), and it is also supposed to be very good for thin, peeling nails. I may try that next time for the heck of it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2009 8:32:00 AM More reviews by mirri12

My nails were in a right state, they wouldn't grow without breaking off and chipping so I went to Boots looking for a 'cure'. When I saw this product it sounded like exactly what I wanted, except for the 10 price tag which was a little ouch. I've been using it for 2 months now, not religiously, but just when i can be bothered. And it really does work.
What I did was paint a thin layer over each nail, which can be a little tricky as it tends to come out gloopy, then sometimes a second coat, sometimes not. After a couple of days I'd remove it and start again. If you don't take it off and re-apply your nails will just chip around it. It seemed to make my nails grow a lot quicker, which was nice, but it took a while for them to grow out without any breakage. Each week they seemed to get stronger and stronger. Now my nails look amazing and people keep asking me if they are real! I'm very pleased.
I also rub vitamin E oil into my nails sometimes and this really helps keep them in good condition. Plus I now only file them, in one direction, and never cut.
I've taken a lippie off cos of the price and it's certainly not an overnight cure!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/30/2009 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Indrawn

In the past I had very weak nails that broke ALL the time, whether I was opening a can of coke, playing sports, just everyday things! I applied a coat of this in an attempt to strengthen my nails and to prevent further chipping. I didn't see any noticeable difference at all, my nails broke, chipped and split just the same.

This is not a 'miracle' cure, hardly even a 'cure'. I now only use this for an emergency base or top coat. But with that money, I'm sure I could buy a better quality clear nailpolish.

EDIT: This did not work for my mum either. She's since started taking Blackmores vitamins for nails/hair/skin and it's been giving better results than this.

- - -
PRICE [4] $17+ AUD | PACKAGING [3] | REPURCHASE [no]

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2009 11:56:00 PM More reviews by mzcali4nia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I stupidly bought Nailtek Xtra and Foundation II and they were terrible. They chipped and putting on extra coats, whether I wore both together or just used them one at a time seemed to piss off my nails even more. My best friend suggested this and she was right. This was so much cheaper and actually did all things I wanted it to do. It didn't chip and I only had to put it on every other day. This stuff is amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/5/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by bethd44

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Sorry, Sally, but no Miracle Cure. I've used this religiously for several months and see some very slight improvemment but that could be because I'm also using Solar Oil and Poshe AHA Cuticle treatment ( in the little yellow tube). I'll keep looking for a better treatment for my peeling nails. This isn't a complete waste of money but I expected better. Won't repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/9/2009 11:39:00 AM More reviews by njr86

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I took off my UV Gels a couple months ago and I was looking for a nail hardener to use while the damaged parts of my nails grow out. So far this is working pretty well. My nails are not peeling or breaking off and have even grown to a nice length (though I need to file soon so that the good nails can grow in faster). I can't use this as a basecoat w/np however, because this stuff is sooo thick that bubbles are inevitable. When I feel like painting my nails I use SH Double Duty as a base and topcoat and my nails get almost as hard as when I use Miracle Cure. I would buy this again, but I took one lippie off because I can't use as a basecoat.