April 17, 2014 | 2015 users online

Concealers - Clinique - All About Eyes Concealer

rated 5 of 5 on 8/26/2012 9:26:00 PM More reviews by marissaclaire

Shocked by the negative reviews, but this seems like the product that exemplifies that everyone wants something different. I personally want a thicker cream for concealer - not a cream in a can, not a super thin liquid either though. This seems to strike a perfect balance for me.

What I was shocked to learn on my last trip to the Clinique counter was that this concealer is ONLY meant to go around your eyes, not anywhere else. I had been using it on the occasional blemish, so they had me try the line smoothing concealer which is okay to apply anywhere supposedly.

I think it's a great concealer if you like a happy medium like me. I've tried other concealers from pricier brands at Ulta and haven't been as happy.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/8/2012 7:54:00 AM More reviews by beautyaddict96

Ugh. I HATE this concealer. I have pretty bad under eye circles, and at the time of buying this, I was in Sweden, and there wasn't much to chose from. Any other concealers were way too expensive, so I went with this.
The SA matched me to a color that looked good in the store, but was completely off. I looked in the mirror at home and I was like OHMYGOD, I've been walking around town looking like this?! Thank god I had my sunglasses on most of the time. None of the colors were even close! And this creases and cakes so badly, no matter how you apply it. So unnatural. And it was kind of expensive, especially in Sweden. I threw it out (return policies in Sweden suck). I won't buy this again and I really don't recommend it!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/28/2012 5:32:00 PM More reviews by judywapner

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have super dark hereditary circles under my eyes and am always on the hunt for my HG concealer. I usually use MUF full cover concealer and it has been the best I have tried so far, but it is SO expensive! So, I've been trying to find a cheaper brand.

This Clinque concealer is quite thick (which I find works better on me) and provides excellent coverage. I prep my under-eye area with a moisturizer, currently The Body Shop's vitamin E eye cream. The concealer doesn't settle into lines (though I'm fairly young and don't really have too many eye lines) or cake. I do find it creases a tiny bit in the inside corner of my eye, after about 6 hours, but I just dab there with my finger to warm it up again and it evens out.

I believe this concealer actually works BETTER than MUF full cover concealer. I use less of this product, compared to MUF's, and it stays in place all day (MUF kind of fades, letting my circles "shine through").

I am currently using Light Golden, which isn't an exact match for me (since the tube I have is a cast off from my mother), but it's close. When I repurchase, and I will, if I cannot match my exact shade, I'll have no problem buying TWO tubes and mixing them to customize, since they are a steal at $17!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2012 9:32:00 AM More reviews by Delilabee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am puzzled by the extreme negatives of some reviews and wonder whether these people are using too much... I use about 1 tube of '02' every 2+ years! It's super-pigmented and I find it gives sufficient under-eye coverage in an incredibly thin layer. It looks quite reflective without being at all shiny. Then again, I am happy with a 70% reduction of circles that others exclaim is inadequate. I would prefer that, with this very minimalist, almost invisible product, than getting 90+% coverage and looking too made up.

For under-eye I find the finger-pat method is ideal; a small brush can also be good. I use natural oil to moisturise under my eyes, blot, then it goes on very well. If I don't blot, it will sometimes crease. If I don't moisturise, it doesn't feel right - too dry under my ol' peepers.

I don't use it for pimples because yes, it does not stay on them well enough - but it also does not irritate and make pimples worse the way most concealers do.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by delicatepost

It's a bit too thick for me.. It just doesn't sit well or blend well.. I was disappointed in this product really.. it doesn't do a great job neither, I prefer mac concealers..

After a while oil started to bleed out of my tube :S I think it's separated inside.. ew.. chuck?? probably,, I'm worried that it will be bad for my eyes.. sorry clinique,

rated 3 of 5 on 7/7/2012 5:18:00 AM More reviews by morninglorya

Will last a long time, but color is off and looks really heavy/awkward. Would not repurchase, which is a shame since I usually love clinique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2012 2:45:00 PM More reviews by kgpowell

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This really covers my dark circles and moisturizes my eyes like an eye cream. It lasts all day, even after I've gone swimming. it only creases under the eyes sometimes in extreme heat, but all you have to do is run a pinky under your eyes to smooth it out again. you don't need much to get great undereye coverage. i bought my tube of all about eyes almost two years ago and am still using that same tube. shake up the tube a little bit before you use it to keep it thick and keep it from separating. best undereye concealer i've used.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/10/2012 4:33:00 PM More reviews by snickles

This was about 22 bucks and it was a waste of money. The color the woman tested on my face looked good, but outside it was totally off. It didn't conceal anything no matter how much I layered it, and even before the layers it was dying. Sigh :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/7/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by Imimpressions

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Here is a prime example where Paula B says this is a definite favorite and it is a total dud.

This creased within an hour of putting on. When I put on concealer under my eyes, it is there for a flawless complexion not to see lines and creases of product. It also gave me red eyes.

I should never have strayed from Estee Lauder Smoothing Cream concealer.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2012 11:55:00 AM More reviews by amandaeclark

IMO this is too heavy for the eye area. It doesn't blend well and it settles into creases. Also, it seperates and its not like you can effectively shake it up in this tube. Seem like if I did not use it for a couple of days, then the first bit to come out would be clear water. It's gross. I do not recommend.