July 24, 2014 | 1791 users online

Concealers - Shiseido - The Makeup Corrector Pencil

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 8:49:00 PM More reviews by fallface

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've used this pencil for years. Simply wonderful. I have fair skin and use the Light pencil. Great coverage and looks natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2005 6:11:00 PM More reviews by oxfordgrrl

I am a concealer junkie -- I have just about every type for every use -- Laura Mercier, Cle de Peu, etc. I have generally smooth and clear skin so I hate to cover it up with foundation and powder and therefore use my concealers to spot cover any problems. This stick is great for any dark spots from old pimples or for use around the nose or anything really small. It lasts forever -- I tried it first on my hand and even with a good rub, most of the concealer stayed. I think this product is a little bit of a hit or miss depending on if one of the 3 colors match your skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/8/2005 5:46:00 AM More reviews by mudpud

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Shiseido continues to be the best option for me in terms of foundations, powders, and concealers, and this product is no exception. I use it to cover acne scars from those pimples (cystic?) that last months and leave discolored spots. The #2 (Medium Natural) color is perfect for my MMM yellow-toned skin, and I don't even have to blend the concealer in after dotting it on. A few quick, short dabs w/ the tip is enough. That said, I would not use this for undereye circles (not the right consistancy). For reference, I'm not terribly acne-prone and have found a skincare routine that wards off a lot of the inevitable monthly breakouts I used to get, so I'm not sure how this would work over current breakouts. I'll be experimenting more w/ this as I think the pencil form makes it fairly versatile (e.g., it's very easily applied around the nose). Retails for $15.50 at my local counter. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2005 5:07:00 PM More reviews by willismss

I really like this pencil because it conceals well but also works as a reverse lipliner. I have shade #2 and I use it around the mouth to keep lip gloss in place and I think it even makes my lips look a little fuller. Will definitely repurchase, although I don't know when cause it's lasted me about a year already.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/29/2005 5:28:00 AM More reviews by fwee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Blahhk! I have mild acne and I was hoping this would help conceal it. No chance! It was an annoying texture, hard to apply, didn't apply enough coverage to cover redness...completely useless for me. If you have near-perfect skin and very rarely have any pimples, this might work. But for those of you who want to actually camouflage something - forget it.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/13/2004 7:49:00 PM More reviews by barsoap

I bought it because of the MUA reviews and sad to say, I really am disappointed. I have it in the Medium shade which doesn't blend into my skin, while the Light shade was way too light to even consider. Not only is the shade selection poor, but the texture of it makes it obvious that you're wearing concealer. Considering the price, which because it's Shiseido it doesn't come cheap, I definitely expected better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/25/2004 2:16:00 AM More reviews by Asphodel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

covers and pin points little imperfections much better than my usual CdP concealers (not for dark circles tho). no blending is needed just fill it in, it goes on smoothly and magically erases everything from little veins to monster zits. MUA at the shiseido counter recommends #3 to cover reddish zits or acne marks. even tho the yellow-based color does even out the redness but it turns out to be way too dark for my face. am going to get #2 today, hoping to find the right shade by mixing the 2 together. i also use this to brighten the corner of my mouth and even out lip lines, it also prevents lipgloss from slipping, superb!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2004 4:29:00 PM More reviews by doree_001

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Very nice, high quality product: it goes really smooth and covers little spots, blemishes, hyperpigmentation marks. And it is very convenient to take it with you in a bag... If you have fair or light skin use No.1, No.2 is for darker, olive skins. EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong about the shade: my complexion is quite fair/light but I use No.2 which is a light-medium shade. No.1 is very, very fair, almost white.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/24/2004 2:49:00 PM More reviews by Babara

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I like the product in that it's convenient to use. It covers small blemishes without a trace. But it doesn't have the best staying power.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2004 6:20:00 PM More reviews by kaloee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This concealer pencil is very nice. I love to use this to cover slight discolorations (such as the lip area). It goes on smoothly and gives a very natural finish. And i love the fact that it's small which makes it so convenient to carry out! The color I bought is too dark for me (#2), I think I will go for the #1 next time.