Vaseline Vaseline - Pure Petroleum Jelly

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

White Petrolatum

I was excited to try this to remove my eye make up after reading all of the rave reviews but IMO it didn't live up to all the hipe. Sure it is cheap but I just don't like the way it goes on my eye, it is so goopy and it takes a while to wipe it all off. It removes the make up fairly well but it takes a while to get all of the vaseline off, I don't even know how to explain it but it is just icky to me! I really like my MK eye make up remover a lot better so I am going to stick with that.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Well, I have been trying to move away from Vaseline because it is just petroleum jelly. As you SHOULD know, petroleum jellies, mineral oils and lanolin clog your skin. They make your skin and hair feel soft, but its just a superficial coating.

So anyway, I didn't use store-bought make up removers because I am trying to go "natural". I used grapeseed oil, coconut oil, and extra virgin olive oil. They kept getting into my eyes (irritating it or giving me temporarily blurred vision). They are great for around the face, though.

However, when it comes to EYE make up... I have to go back to vaseline. I won't use it any where else on my face because of its clogging properties, but it is the only thing that won't run into my eyes and it works pretty well. Some water-proof mascara takes some extra effort, though, but it is cheap and works well in most cases.

This is the only eye makeup remover I have used since I was 16. I am in my forties now. Will never switch.

I have sold cosmetics for the past 15 years...I have tried the most expensive to the cheapest...

I did not want to try this since it is JUST vaseline, but I started to read these reviews and thought why not...

Well let me tell you...I should have used it years ago..It is unreal, I will never go back to any other brand!

I love putting on make-up because of obvious reasons =) but i also hate putting them on because I really really hate cleaning up the mess, especially the mascara. =(

After reading all your helpful reviews (thanks!) , I decided to give Vaseline a shot & what can I say but CHEERS to the one who actually tried such a product as eye makeup remover! Well, all I did was to slap a thin layer of it on my eyes and massage it gently. After which, I use cotton wool and cotton buds to wipe it off & viola! there i saw my naked eyes!

You know what? I even tried using it to remove my makeup as well! It works just as great! (I know because I used a few makeup removers I had at home to clean my face after trying Vaseline &i didn't see any makeup stains on the cotton wool, after using Vaseline) But of course, I use a facial wash after all these makeup removal..it's fantabulous!

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Dear Vaseline. Why did I leave you? Seriously, if you have the time, go on and read my review for the neutrogena e/m remover, which I purchased after the many raves and recommendations on here several years ago. I had been living in denial with severe eye irritations that prevented me from wearing pretty much most mascaras, liners, even shadows! Mind you, working as a m/u artist and then having to deal with a never ending cyle of *having* to wear eye m/u, then remove it, then do it all over again just SUCKED.
But I came back to using this and I'm so happy. I buy the travel size ones because I find them more convenient and more sanitary than the big jars, which end up laying around for too long. Anyways, I scoop a small amount, gently rub on my lids (which feels amazing I may add) and then wipe away with a cotton ball. I dont mind the slight dewy lid aftewards either to be honest. I think it makes me look refreshed!
Oh, and from time to time I use this as an e/s base, especially with pigments! Ohh and wait..wait, there's more...on dry skin and chapped lips too!
I haven't had ONE issue since going back to this. I'm just thrilled to be able to wear eye makeup without waking up to swollen and droopy lids due to the irritation.
This is cheap, easy to find, has many more uses than one. Glad Vaseline took me back.

I use vaseline in so many areas of my face & body.. It cures any dry area (elbows, cracked lips, etc) and even helps cure cuts & scrapes. I use vaseline as a make up remover as well, but I don't dab the whole thing on my eyelids and try swiping the excess off. What I do is cleanse my face with any face cleanser and after I get a q-tip, dab it in vaseline, and very gently wipe the excess makeup off. (i.e. you know sometimes you still have clumps of mascara and eyeliner stains after washing). It leaves my eyes 100% make up free, it doesn't irritate my skin, and it works like a wonder.

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

I LOVE Vaseline petroleum jelly to keep my feet soft and smooth year round and as a lip moisturizer - I can't live without it. So, it's worthy of 5 lippies for that. However, after reading MUA reviews on using Vaseline as an eye makeup remover I thought I'd give it a shot, but was somewhat disappointed. It removed my eyeshadow no problem, but did little to remove my mascara. No, it's not waterproof mascara, it's Max Factor 2000 Calorie. At first I thought I didn't use enough Vaseline and applied more, but it did not remove my mascara, it just flaked. Oh well, I still love my Vaseline but it faired poorly as an overall eye makeup remover.

I've been using this since my teenage years when my mom taught me the trick! I use this or baby oil if I can't find the vaseline. Never had skin or eye problems caused by either one....just wipe clean.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Yeap! Works as eye-make-up remover and it helps your eye lashes grow too! Cheap! Buy it!