April 18, 2014 | 2108 users online

Mascara - Max Factor - Masterpiece Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by sabbyoh

This is probably my favourite mascara ever. I do like buying and testing out new mascaras, and I HAVE found a select few that I do really like, but I ALWAYS come back to this one. It just... works. I don't know whether it is more the brush or the formula (probably equal), but it applies so well, never clumps my lashes together or leaves those little "globs" on the end of each lash like so many mascaras seem to do. It separates my lashes, makes them thicker and more curled- my lashes are really really long anyway so I never can tell if any mascara makes them longer and I never buy "lengthening mascaras" but it definitely makes my long lashes voluminous, curly and GLOSSY (cannot stand mascaras that are dry/make my eyelashes turn into brittle twigs) . The brush never gets clogged and the bristles seem to be just the right length for easy application and getting into the corner lashes. I don't mind spending a lot of money on a product if it is genuinely better than anything else (I do buy a lot of high end, expensive makeup because it seems worth it to me if it does exactly what I want/need that the cheaper alternatives i've tried haven't done for me), so I'm quite happy with the price of this mascara- it's not "dirt cheap", but it's not terribly expensive either, and to be honest I would expect it to cost more, as compared to mascaras that are triple the cost it is miles better. I would be devastated if they ever stopped making this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 8:48:00 AM More reviews by lailamox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

really like this product. Great lengthening factors with good volume. No clumps and easy to remove.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2011 8:05:00 AM More reviews by Halle1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just love this mascara. It is the best one I've ever tried out. It lenghtens your eyelashes and curles them nicely too. I've bought this mascara so many times. Everytime I try something different I always end up coming back to this mascara. It is my absolute favorite.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2011 11:06:00 AM More reviews by nefertari786

I have been using this mascara for quite a while after receiving a sample of it which I liked... I now realize this is my favorite mascara... it is perfect for me, separates and elongates my lashes without clumping! Love it! Will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2011 12:38:00 PM More reviews by RosePeacock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is another one of my staples. In general, I find Max Factor to be my fave brand for mascaras. I've had the False Lash Effect one and that was great too. I get it in 'Rich Black' and it simply works a treat on my rather short, sparse lashes. I can coat every single lash and it never clumps on me. I love the brush as it always looks clean and non-gunky. I do however find it expensive for a drugstore mascara, but it's worth it in my opinion. I occasionally try out other mascaras but always end up coming back to my trusty Masterpiece. Overall it does what it says on the tin, and I'm very happy with it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2011 1:02:00 AM More reviews by alicehump

I have used this mascara years ago for my prom and I remember being satisfied by its performance but somehow I have only been buying maybelline mascaras lately. But this one had a discount so why not try again? I just want to say - use it with an eyelash curler... really. HG status here! I hope they won't discontinue it!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 9:52:00 PM More reviews by beauty_freak

this is a good, non-clumping mascara. somewhere in between natural and falsie look. two thumbs up

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/10/2011 1:03:00 AM More reviews by raspberrysorceress

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I was a bit reluctant to buy this because it wasn't much cheaper ($25 AUD) to purchase a higher-end one online, but after reading the reviews on here I decided to buy it and give it a go. I think this is the best mascara I've owned so far, but that being said, I've only ever used a few in my time. I love how black and thick this makes my lashes look (I got this in 'Rich Black'). It gave me that subtle false-lash effect after a couple of coats. Another great thing about this mascara is that when I'm wearing it on my lower lashes it doesn't smudge to under my eye (my biggest peeve!) and it manages to come off with standard make up remover without any trouble. The only negative I find is that it can make my lashes look a little bit too dramatic for work or school (but that may not bother some people) and it can look a little clumpy if you add extra coats - especially on bottom lashes (which I use my MAC studio fix mascara for from now on) This is definitely one of those mascaras I will go back to because it's my favourite over any I've used. I wouldn't repurchase but only because I plan to try out the Masterpiece Max next. If you are contemplating trying this mascara out, I say do it!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by bubblysteph

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

This is a good mascara if you're looking for natural looking lashes. Nothing extreme here - my HG is still Lancome Hypnose Waterproof.

This lengthens and adds some volume to my lashes, though without much thickening. It thickens my lashes a little bit, frankly probably due to the fact that I used 4 coats or so. Lashes are clean and defined without clumping even so. Not bad though the price for this mascara is on the expensive side if we're talking abt drugstore ones.

Oddly, when I rubbed my eyes, the mascara didn't smudge but flakes only. However, I hv no foundation on my skin at that time. Not sure if this makes any difference.

The consistency of this mascara is just right to work with the brush. Not too wet or not too dry. It's kind of waxy actually.

Being not waterproof, it can be removed easily using water. Also, it's surprising that my curled lashes didn't flatten immediately. Still, this kills the curl slightly. Fyi, the water-washable version of False Lash Effect also made by Max Factor killed the curl immediately and completely. Anyway, I have better luck with waterproof mascaras for curl holding.

Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Waterproof is quite similar though it gives more length without any thickening regardless of how many coats I pile on, at a lower price. Also, the Maybelline one holds the curl for me though this probably has sth to do with waterproof or not - I can't really compare at this point.

I probably will repurchase this one in the waterproof version, or the newer masterpiece max to try.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2010 4:12:00 PM More reviews by sofiathegreatest

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Black

if they ever....EVER discontinue this product - i will DIE! honestly.....i will....i feel it.