Max Factor Masterpiece Mascara

3.9

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I want my mascara to give lashes - lot's of them! And great volume. This mascara is OK however I find that the result is a bit too subtle for my taste. Also, I found the formula to be a bit irritating to my eyes. I will not re-purchase as I rather spend a bit more on a mascara and get much better results.

on 8/17/2011 10:43:00 AM

I remember years and years ago using this mascara and thinking wow, this is great, so i went back to it. However now it's not so great. It's and ok mascara and if that's what you want then it's for you. It's doesn't hold a curl, by the time I've finished all my makeup the curl has drooped and by the end of the day my eyelashes look dry and boring and droopy! I love the brush, I'm a fan of the little rubbery stick type brushes and i do love maxfactor, I think that's why I stuck with it for a while but in comparason to other mascaras it's not the best. A bit pricey too. Maybe it will work for some but not others. It's neither here nor there.

on 8/14/2011 6:58:00 AM

I love this mascara, it lifts and lengthens my lashes, non clumping and doesn't leave marks around your eyes. I bought the waterproof version afterwards and that one is awful compared to the normal one.

on 7/23/2011 7:04:00 AM

I have medium length, thin, straight oriental/asian lashes. This mascara did not clump or flake. It lengthened and volumised, but gave a natural look. It's my favourite mascara so far...

on 7/10/2011 7:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

i wanted to like this - the brush is great, it goes on really well, adds a bit of volume and separates nicely. unfortunately it flaked like crazy on me =(

Really LOVE this mascara, simply sexy in about 4 strokes of this mascara. I have been using this type of mascara for over a year and has never let me down. If you use this product daily it will last up to about 3 months. The little brush is soft and does not have large bristles which can hold clumps of mascara. The right amout comes out every time. For day time look I use just a few light strokes and for a Night time look I slowly rotate the wand to give volume and lenght.

Have only used the Black colour but tempted to buy the brown colour next :)

on 6/12/2011 5:17:00 AM

LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS!!!!! It gives my eyelashes an instant wow factor, and it just makes them so long yet at volumised the same time. I got asked if I was wearing false eyelashes 3 times in one day!! Absolutely fabulous mascara.

on 6/4/2011 11:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Current favorite mascara--non-clumping, layers and separates well. It says 'volume' and 'definition' in the pack, but I think this works best as a day mascara since it gives just the right amount of 'drama' without looking too made up. One coat on each eye is enough. Also holds curls well, and the thin wand/short bristles also work on my lower lashes. Doesn't smudge, but can still be removed with plain water-based cleanser. Mid-priced mascara, but not too fond of pale gold packaging. Will most likely repurchase, but I also want to try 2000-calorie and False-Lash Effect before I declare this can't-live-without. :)

on 6/1/2011 2:37:00 PM

This is probably my favourite mascara ever. I do like buying and testing out new mascaras, and I HAVE found a select few that I do really like, but I ALWAYS come back to this one. It just... works. I don't know whether it is more the brush or the formula (probably equal), but it applies so well, never clumps my lashes together or leaves those little "globs" on the end of each lash like so many mascaras seem to do. It separates my lashes, makes them thicker and more curled- my lashes are really really long anyway so I never can tell if any mascara makes them longer and I never buy "lengthening mascaras" but it definitely makes my long lashes voluminous, curly and GLOSSY (cannot stand mascaras that are dry/make my eyelashes turn into brittle twigs) . The brush never gets clogged and the bristles seem to be just the right length for easy application and getting into the corner lashes. I don't mind spending a lot of money on a product if it is genuinely better than anything else (I do buy a lot of high end, expensive makeup because it seems worth it to me if it does exactly what I want/need that the cheaper alternatives i've tried haven't done for me), so I'm quite happy with the price of this mascara- it's not "dirt cheap", but it's not terribly expensive either, and to be honest I would expect it to cost more, as compared to mascaras that are triple the cost it is miles better. I would be devastated if they ever stopped making this!

on 5/15/2011 8:48:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

really like this product. Great lengthening factors with good volume. No clumps and easy to remove.

Top Rated Max Factor Products