August 22, 2014 | 1643 users online

Moisturizers - Nature's Gate - Oh What a Night

rated 5 of 5 on 9/7/2010 12:27:00 AM More reviews by arscharfen21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wonderful, thick moisturizer! I have bought hundreds of beauty products over the years trying to get my sensitive, acne prone skin to behave. This does not make me break out at all and makes me skin feel silky smooth after all the drying natural products I use for acne. It does have a bit of an odd perfume that might take a bit of getting used to, but I now equate the scent with softness. One of my favorite things about it is that it does not burn or make my sensitive skin turn fire engine red like the super expensive dermatologist recommended products I was previously using. I had just resigned myself to having constantly red, embarrassed looking flush on my skin. Apparently I was just allergic and sensitive to all the chemicals in those other products since I haven't had a red moment with this moisturizer. I guess my skin was just telling me to go organic, in general, which is what I have done with all my beauty products. I'm so glad that I did!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by idrie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have been using this for about a week. It was on sale at Wegmans for 11 dollars so it was absolutely worth the price. The texture is great and absorbs very easily. I normally have oily T-zone and this moisturizer creates a matte feel without it feeling tight or dry. Also, I have learnt that to apply makeup I usually have to wait a minute or two, otherwise it does not go on well.

All in all, it has already made a difference on my skin within a week. It looks more radiant and my face doesn't get oily as easily. I think it has great oil control!

I would definitely buy it again. And thinking of purchasing the night cream "Oh what a night" as well..., if it's on sale : )

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2010 12:16:00 PM More reviews by anneh08

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got this when my skin was completly irritated and itchy from cetaphil. This didn't heal it so i was really disappointed. This doesn't soothe your skin immediately but i went back to it and used it for about 2 weeks. Now i wake up with baby soft skin. I love it! i have found my HG moisturizer. it sinks in really well too. The only thing is it's quite pricey for such a small container. I'm thinking this will only last me a month or two. I'll come back and update. it's cheaper on vitacost $15. but i got my first one at whole foods for a whopping $30. I'll look out for a cheaper night moisturizer but this is amazing and i love that it's natural and paraben free! give this a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2010 1:43:00 AM More reviews by orgasmicorganic

AMAZING product. favorite of every moisturizer I have ever tried, high end and drugstore. If you have oily or acne-prone skin but want some moisture, your search ends here! Every day I wake up with silky soft, glowing skin when ever i use this, comparable to such products that Caudalie offers at way less of a price tag. Doesn't clog pores, doesn't make a thick skin over any acne you may have, and doesn't make your skin oilier.
I have other amazing night moisturizers: Merlot, Weleda (rose), Beauty Without Cruelty (maximum moisture), Alba (green jar), Eminence (blueberry), Caudalie to name a legit few, but this is the one that has always got me feigning for more. Will never be without this chic glass jar. (comes with a clear spatula!) Goes light years beyond Bee Yummy's, Mario Badescu, and Boots night moisturizers. Of that, I'm sure.

Where to buy: Whole Foods, Vitacost, Ebay,Kmart, Amazon. All for around $20 for 1 oz.

Ingredients (BIG BONUS: no added fragrance):

Certified Organic Pelargonium Graveolens (Rose Geranium) Allplant Essence™, Certified Organic Salvia Officinalis (Clary Sage) Allplant Essence™, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Sorbitan Stearate, Certified Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International.), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Certified Organic Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Extract (Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International.), Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Extract, Certified Organic Fagus Sylvatica (European Beech Tree) Bud Extract, Certified Organic Extracts of Rosa Gallica (Apothecary's Rose) Flower (Certified Organic by ECOCERT.), Viola Tricolor (Violet) (Certified Organic by ECOCERT.), Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Seed Extract, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Thioctic (Alpha Lipoic) Acid, Lecithin, Soy Isoflavone Aglycone, Dimethicone, Biotin, Squalane, Hinokitiol, Ananas Sativas (Pineapple) Fruit Extract, Stearic Acid, Sodium Coco PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate, Myristyl Myristate, Mannitol, Silica, Polysorbate 60, Ethylhexylglycerin, Polysorbate 80, Cetyl Alcohol, Butylene Glycol, Carbomer, Citrus Grandis (Grapefruit) Fruit Extract, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Tromethamine, Disodium EDTA, Alcohol Denat., Caramel, Fragrance Oils. *Grown in Accordance with California Organic Food Act 1990. 1) Certified Organic by Quality Assurance International. 2) Certified Organic by ECOCERT.

11 out of 12 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/4/2010 2:23:00 AM More reviews by clearady

Got this in a swap, and am as pleased as I expected to be from these glowing reviews.

Pros:

Amazing moisture. you will wake up with soft skin.

Organic.

Decent scent, not to die for, but nice to smell.

Doesn't clog your pores :)

Not more than $20, decent price

There's a spatula!

Nice packaging, like the cute glass jar.

Cons:

It is rather a small amount, comparatively to the equally amazing Merlot moisturizer (which smells better, works the same, is the same price), but Merlot's comes in a much bigger (less attractive) jar (without a spatula).

Will I purchase myself? Definitely. It is, after all, deserving of five stars. That isn't even a question.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 7:20:00 PM More reviews by molakip

For Canadians out there in Ontario I suggest going to your nearest Winners and picking this up from the beauty department for $9.99 I believe. I've been using this for just over a month and I'm about to run out. Pros: smells wonderful and comes with a little scoop making it sanitary. I use this immediately after cleansing for maximal absorption. It has a nice almost thick creamy texture to it that feels nice to rub into the skin and absorbs SO nicely. I put this on before bed and the next morning my skin is glowing...that kind of glow where the minor blemishes seemed to have calmed to a point where they disappear. No breakouts! Which is amazing for my super sensitive skin. Cons: The cute packaging is really small. This won't last more than a month with daily use and that's pretty disappointing. Would repurchase.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2010 10:42:00 PM More reviews by jenniro

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I hate to rain on the parade, but I have to be honest of course. I ran out of my favorite moisturizer (Dermalogica's intensive moisture balance) and needed to find a substitute, so I picked this one based on the great reviews. One reason why I love the Dermalogica moisturizer is that it is so deeply hydrating and a little goes a long way. This one... not so much. I felt like I had to really put a LOT on, which makes this moisturizer very expensive if it will only last me a couple of weeks. My skin is sensitive (I get eczema sometimes), very dehydrated, and prone to weird itchy red bumps that aren't really zits. I feel like I got a few more of those bumps while using this moisturizer, which seems to happen if i stray from the Dermalogica (the exception being Atopalm's creme). So I will have to say that I won't be buying this again.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by burtonsbunny

I love this stuff! It is a great alternative to Garden of Wisdom's Renew Waxless Cream and it's only half the price! It's great! It helps clogged congested sensitive skin and heals blemishes.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2010 10:55:00 PM More reviews by shelly4519

This is the most Fab moisturizer I have ever used! I have super sensitive skin and pores that clog so easily. Even Cerave clogged me!!! So when I can say this is a fabulous moisturizer I mean it. I use this day and night because I havent found anything for day use that works this well for me. I just add SS after applying! Buy it buy it buy it!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2010 1:54:00 PM More reviews by spyri

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Simply the best product I have put on my face. I read the reviews here and bought it. It is 100% chemical free, moisturizing and leaves my skin hydrated. Sometimes I use it during the day. I have normal to dry but very sensitive skin which can get flaky around the mouth and on the forehead sometimes. I use creams only when I feel that my skin needs it and so should you. Companies just wanna sell you stuff advising you to use them everyday. Tried Complex 15 from the drugstore but it didn't feel perfect on my skin. Also used avocado oil, Neal's yard face oil in Orange Blossom, pure shea butter, almond oil, rose oil...those get absorbed on my skin easily but don't leave it hydrated as a cream base does.