November 27, 2014 | 952 users online

Loose Powders - L'Oreal - Translucide Naturally Luminous Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2010 8:41:00 AM More reviews by loucat

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the only loose powder I can use that doesn't settle into my fine lines that doesn't cost an arm and a leg, i'm 46 years old and love this product. I use a face powder brush and lightly use on my face after using my favorite foundation. I am a light-med skin color and the colors run light so i buy the medium color and it's perfect! U can still purchase this product at drugstore.com

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2010 1:37:00 AM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I used to wear this for years and it was a great setting powder. But then about a year ago a noticed a change in the formula, and it lost its quality. It didn't set well and looked very shiny when applied. I don't buy it anymore because there are many other powders on the market that do a better job and look better for the same price. Another disappointment by L'Oreal.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/20/2010 2:41:00 AM More reviews by Akidrad

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I purchased this product based on the glowing reviews here. Unfortunately, I had to stop using this powder (although I did like its performance) because every single time I would use it I would have to sneeze. Every single time. And a big sneeze, not a little cutesy one. Since I had never had a reaction like that to a powder ever before, I looked it up in the online makeup safety database www.cosmeticsdatabase.com and saw that this product has a very high hazard rating. Although I liked the powder, I decided it simply wasn't safe enough for me to continue to use it.

Just be careful out there ladies--there are safer loose powders on the market than this one! I'd recommend trying some powder other than this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/2/2010 2:23:00 PM More reviews by chayaNY

I just bought this on sale for $5.99 at that price and after eading many glowing reviews i couldn't pass it up. i actually tried this many yrs ago, but think i bought it a shade too dark and because i was younger and my skin oilier, i didn't like the finish. lately i have been loving tinted moisturizer because they look dewier, more natural on me. but then i still needed a powder to set it with; while i have many (probably 10 from nyc brand all the way to la mer) nothing seemed right, all were too drying, or simply took away the glow i just achieved using tm.

this powder isn't at all shimmery, i see no glitter particles as i see no shimmer at all. just a finely milled powder that looks healthy on, sheer, semi matte even but glowy which to me means fresh, not a totally matte cake face. i have an oily t-zone still and am using either the carmindy for sally hansen yellow matte powder, or the maybelline dream matte, in those areas. i want to add i have highly reactive skin. i had hives around my eyes some mos back from wearing new sun glasses. so many items i can't tolerate though love, such as certain blushes and powders i once wore all the time, yet no adverse reactions to this.

so far so good, will update if anything changes, but sure hope not as this looks bealutiful on! i plan to go back and get a back up while the sale is on also because i dont see this sold many places anymore. if your skin is drier (or aside from your t zone), this is a good option as it doesn't accenbtuate dryness imo.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/20/2009 11:11:00 AM More reviews by moonluna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Agh! What happened? I used to buy this all the time, but I haven't bought it lately. I went ahead and picked some up at Walgreens, because I was hoping it would perk up my winter dull skin. In the past, I could count on this product to give me an almost magically gorgeous luminous sheen that looked really good and warmed my skin up. They must have changed the formula, though, because this time around, it made me look like I had an ashen mask-face -- NO luminosity AT ALL and bizarrely, even though I bought Medium -- no color at all!! Honestly, I would be better off putting baby powder on my face. A miss! I gave it two lippies because it does soak up oil and stays on forever. It might be OK for very pale gals with oily skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Cutekitti

All I can say is I felt as if I was throwing glitter all over my face. Ick. I had such high hopes for this

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2009 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kissliss

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I started using this about a 2 weeks ago.. I really love it! I was surprised, I hate everything, lol. My skin is so ridiculously sensitive, I can barely use anything. Most of the loose powders I have tried that are allergen friendly, are talc based, which we all know is a great way to age your face :|

This stuff seems to meld with skin, yet float over it at the same time. It has not clogged my pores, given me rash, or invaded Iraq. It's my new HG powder.

The only reason I denied it a lippie is the paraben preservatives and the random glitters. The parabens are bad news (blah blah, I know). The glitter just irks me a bit. It would look so flawlessly real if it weren't for the glitter specks randomly spread 2-3 inches apart. =\ What are they going for with that anyway?

At any rate, I love the look it gives and I will be buying it in the future.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2009 1:11:00 PM More reviews by finesttbaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

hg loose powder.
i use this to set my foundation & concealer, it gives me a flawless, glowing, pore-less look.
don't over-use it, or it can look cakey.
definetly recommend this to EVERYONE !

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by pauley

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love, Love Love this is the best I have used so many different loose powers and wasted so much money this last all day make's your skin look perfect like you have nothing else on.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2009 11:18:00 PM More reviews by MES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I had used this stuff for ages years ago, and for whatever reason stopped. I recently rediscovered this and wonder why I gave this up. The finish very natural not at all cakey or chalky. It's even better than MAC. The label says it's luminescent, but there is not a hint of glitter or sparkle. Just a believable ever so soft sheen. I havent even touched my old powder since I bought this..