Neutrogena MoistureShine Lip Soother Cooling Hydragel SPF20

3.4

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is one of my favorite glosses. I prefer sheer lipsticks to glosses, but this texture is not too sticky, though it is pretty thick. It smells like peaches, and is just shiny enough. I have this in Gleam, and it just looks clear. I'm not sure what the other shades look like, but I can't imagine you'd get enough color from any of the shades to tell the difference. It feels nice and cooling, and makes my lips plump up with moisture.

on 7/21/2008 12:28:00 AM

I like this stuff a lot. It's got a really nice feel to it, and the texture's great - very smooth, no little lumps or clumps or anything. It lasts forever, and all you have to do to make it look fresh is pucker! Really. And it tingles, which is really cool. Plus, the smell is super nice!! Fruity and rejuvenating. Overall, a great buy.

on 7/16/2008 11:53:00 AM

I have this in glaze. It appears to be a tropical orangy reddish color but comes out as a clear (uh, maybe a HINT of color) sparkly sheen. I do not find it to be too sticky at all, though i dont pile it on as many probably do, which would probably make it sticky. It is nice and soothing, lasts awhile and has spf 20. I like the fruity smell too. I dont like the texture of chapstick or the burts bees stuff. Too waxy, so I'll probably repurchase this product.

on 7/12/2008 6:43:00 PM

First off, I have this in Sparkle, which is a sheer pink with pink glitter. It makes my lips slightly glossy and gives them a hint of pink, and I like the glitter; it's a cute shade that would work well on all people, I imagine, because it's so sheer. Love that there is an spf in this lip gloss, though I'm not really too sure how effective it is because I haven't really worn it while doing something active outside. Texture is nice (not to sticky or slick, kind of reminds me of the mentha glosses). However, I'm not too keen on the fruity/peachy smell. It kind of irritates me after awhile because it doesn't seem subtle enough. Overall, a great gloss though.

on 6/16/2008 3:48:00 PM

The big plus for this lip gloss is the SPF 20. The scent is pleasant and it lasts a long time. I also like the cooling effect. The downside? Price. I got this in my Allure beauty box so it didn't pay full-price and I'm still debating if it's really worth $8, maybe only for the SPF would I re-purchase if I had to.

on 6/3/2008 10:49:00 AM

This product (Glaze) came packaged as a freebie with some Neutrogena self-tanning sunscreen that I bought, and I have to admit - part of the reason I bought the sunscreen was for the lipgloss. I love a freebie and I love lipgloss, so it was perfect for me! Plus, SPF20 for a gloss is pretty nice, and the shade Glaze looked like it would be very summery. The slanted-tip applicator is nice, and the gel-gloss has a subtle fruity scent. Too bad for me, though - this has hardly any color payoff at all. I guess my lips are more pigmented than I thought, because this looks like I put a little clear gloss on - nothing more. I will definitely wear this to the pool, but I don't see wearing this out - it just doesn't have enough color.

on 5/31/2008 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I got this in Glisten and Glaze. The texture is smooth and not sticky. Reminds me a little bit of Clinique's superbalm, but slightly less thick. These are lightly tinted and have a pleasant peachy scent. There's a cooling sensation upon application and as an added bonus SPF 20. Would definitely buy again. EDIT: this stuff separates really easily. Sunscreen is coming apart from lipgloss. Deducting 2 lippies.

THIS IS MY HG OF LIPGLOSS. A lot of people say that its too sticky and thick but in my opinion as long as I don't cover my lips with 3 layers of this lipgloss it isn't sticky at all, feels a bit thicker than the regular chapstick i use.
The thing i LOVE about this lipgloss is that it really does soothe my lips the very second i put it on. Just as the the title says, the soothing texture and refreshing smell truely lightens my day everytime i put it on. I have ditched my high end lipgloss from lancome (2nd favorite) and cargo lipgloss for this stuff. I paid around 7 bucks per tube at my local drugstore but i think its well worth it even though its a bit expensive for a lipgloss.
If you have an extra 7 bucks in ur pocket, i highly recommend you try it at least, if not you can always return it and say you are allergic to some ingredient in it.

on 5/5/2008 8:41:00 PM

Since the media has recently been discussing the possibility of l/g adding to the risk of skin cancer, I remembered how much I liked these last summer and just bought yet another tube (Gleam). It's not perfect, but I can't stress enough how glad I am that they make a l/g w/SPF 20 in it.

So why isn't this a 5 lippie item? Well, regardless of what color I apply (and I have 4 different ones), the color in the tube doesn't resemble the color that shows up on my lips. They all look EXACTLY the same on--very sheer with a hint of color. My lips aren't exactly super-pigmented, so I'd imagine that on most people this would look like a sheer gloss.

The formula/texture is what really makes this a staple in my purse. It's sticky but long lasting (4 hours after application I can still feel a trace of it on my lips) and I love the fruity smell and sweet taste. My lips do feel more conditioned and softer after wearing this for a while--it does seem to hydrate. Love the tingling/cooling sensation that I get from this too. The best part, IMO, is the SPF 20. Yes, I know that I could wear an SPF 50 balm, but I love how I can just apply this and go and still get some sun protection.

No doubt I'll use this all summer! This is a must repurchase for me, as I've actually gone through several tubes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I bought this in Glisten and I don't think it's all that great -- first off, the shade looks so pretty in the tube but it doesn't show up on my lips. Yeah, it makes your lips shiny but it makes your lips so sticky it's intolerable. It's simply not worth it.

Recommended for Medium Skin