New York Color Color Wheel Mosaic Powder Pink Cheek Glow

Price: $

on 11/30/2011 10:20:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse

WOW! another great product from NYC Color Cosmetics! I have always been a fan of NYC even though some say its a crappy brand but I have a few of their products & always enjoyed most of them and the Mosaic Color Wheels are for real one of my favorite makeup products- theyre gorgeous!
=PRICE/AVAILABILITY=
The Mosaic Powder wheels can be found wherever your NYC Cosmetics can be found. They generally are available in most drugstores like CVS, Rite Aid, Walgreens as well as Walmart & Target. Availability will vary as well as price depending on location & also sales/discounts but generally cost around $3-4 which is def affordable esp since theres a lot of product that is great too!
=SHADE/FORMULA/PERFORMANCE=
The Mosaic Color Wheels are an unique "wheel" with mosaic patterns of coordinating powders. They can be worn as blushes/bronzer/powder- can concentrate on certain color areas of swirled all together for a main color. The pattern allows that. I love using them either way. Pink Cheek Glow makes an AMAZING blush color- it has mosaic pieces of bright bubble gum pink, a darker fuschia pink, and a light pale champagne/beige tones. They are all matte so you will get a matte finish. you can concentrate your brush on certain pieces or swirl all togehter to make the prettiest youthful matte pink. Its dimensional so even though its matte, it wont look flat. This is one of my most used blushes out of my extensive collection, i have very pale cool toned skin & this gives me a youthful flush like i giggled for hours. Its gorgeous & i always get compliments when i put Pink cheek glow on! Its not extremely bright that it can be worn daily w/ most looks but my fav way to wear it is w/ warmer eye looks or even on barely there eye makeup looks making cheeks center of attention. The Wheels are finely milled, soft w/ no filler- butter soft!! its easy for matte blushes to be chalky but NOPE not here. Its so soft, packed nicely so any brush used will pick up blush easy & this applies so nice & easy on the cheeks. it doesnt glob or stick anywhere & blends to a gorgeous look- natural. i luv to pair this w/ my Blushable Creme Stick in St Street Seashell (brighter light pink) & it helps this blush stay on for hrs & hrs. if not paired w/ cream blush- on my normal/dry skin, this will wear around 7-8 hrs w/ little fading. which is great wear!!! if you want longer staying power- maybe use a cream blush underneath & top w/ powder blush. what can i say its my fav!
=PACKAGING=
The Mosaic Powder Wheels come in a hard plastic circular compact w/ a slid on lid. The lid is see thru w/ metallic nyc logo/product name writing. The lid just slides shut (no twisting or tugging) its kinda suctions on. Fits snug to ensure it wont come off. The bottom contains a huge enormous pan of blush that runs rather deep so i thinks its an incredible amount of powder/blush so it will take an eternity to get through. The very bottom contains sticker w/labeling info/shade name/ingredients etc. its a nice compact that will surely hold up through traveling even though i see rough handling may end up cracking lid. I dont travel much w/ makeup but i did bring this on a cruise & it held up fine. I love how much product you get so packaging isnt too bad, simple & does its job.
Overall, this is seriously a beautiful blush that i think anyone can wear. Its a nice slightly bubblegum pink that i absolutely adore! i love this in summer but def great for a perk me up in the colder months. Great soft blush thats matte that affordable & cruelty free! ya! Def will repurchase when i ever get through this!

on 11/12/2011 6:01:00 PM

My HG blush no matter how crazy it sounds. Years and years ago I got this makeup pack of cheap makeup and only ever liked one thing, a blush color and when I ran out...well needless to say I was upset. But I found this blush and it was almost the exact same color. I love this blush more than my original and the only downfall is well it fades which I use to my advantage. I always apply it nicely but dark and it stays like that for the morning and then I got this nice natural blush throughout the rest of the day. Which I really like and after it gets to that natural blush color it stays put. I suppose if you didn't like how it faded you could always put a light bit of cream blush/eyeshadow under it to keep it in place.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Great product in general. Does not apply patchy and is not chalky like I expected it to. Like others said, you can build up the pigmentation but I don't need much since I'm pretty pale. This is now a staple of my makeup routine. I'm not complaining about the packaging since I don't retouch my blush, but I don't recommend this if you're going to travel.

on 8/31/2011 10:40:00 PM

Ok well lets just rip the bandaid off ok? I HATE THIS PRODUCT. its like a SUPERRRRRRRRRR bright pink and even if you use the littlest amount you can it looks like a clowns makeup sorry nyc EW.

What a beautiful color!! It's just a great basic pink, not too bright, not too muted, which I think is hard to find in blushes and lip colors for some reason! I think this would look good on pretty much anyone with a fair to medium skintone, whether you're cool or warm toned, because it's just a great all around pink. It's not too peachy and it's not too purply. It has great pigmentation, not so good packaging (but who cares?? it could feel even cheaper, to be honest, compared to some products ive used). You don't need much either and it stays on pretty well. Definitely will repurchase :)

What I do is swirl my brush to get all the colors and lightly stipple it onto my apples and then on my cheekbones, and then blend it lightly with the Elf face kabuki from the studio line. It's an amazing everyday color and just gives my skin that extra rosiness! If you prefer yourself in cool colors, get this. Now.

NOTE: If you have a very deep skintone, I wouldn't recommend this because it might look a little chalky.

on 8/8/2011 4:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Not Sure

Even though i have dark nc50 skin i have an obsession with pink blushes. Since it was so cheap i had to try it. The pigmentation is good. It shows up on me so thats a good thing.
1.) I HATE THE PACKAGING, SO BAD (But what do you expect from a drugstore brand)
2.) I have to build up pigmentation with this just a little bit but you get alot of product so i don't mind
3.) Gives me a nice flushed blushing glow
Bottom Line: Everybody should try this. If you don't like it as a blush you can still use it as eyeshadow (i've done that and it works amazingly with udpp or tfsi or some sort of primer). Would I repurchase? Yes. Am i looking for something even better? Yes, too. Mac's Blushbaby is calling my name...

For now, i love it and use it often. Love it. Go get it. You need it.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This blush does nothing for ME. It's very sheer and doesn't show up on my NC42 skin. This is also some what powdery. I prefer my Wet n' Wild blushes than this. I would recommend this for Fairer skin tones, I think it would look very natural. (:

on 8/2/2011 10:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I like the product - it offers the true "blush" color I want alont w/ some warmth. I don't care for the fact that the lid comes off completely - one more thing to deal with - but I do love the application & the price :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I've had this blush for awhile. It's not one I reach for very often. It doesn't show up very well on my skin. It's very subtle. I guess I prefer my blush to show up a little more when I wear it. So if you are looking for a nice natural pink flush to your cheeks, this could be the blush for you. (Keep in mind that I have olive/tan skin, so for someone with fair skin this blush could appear differently.) I believe I bought this for under $3(CAD). A good price for the amount. It's cheapy packaging, so I don't carry it around in my purse, as I am afraid it will break. I probably won't buy it again, because it's really nothing special to me. I could live without it.

on 4/3/2011 10:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a light pink blush that is decently pigminted and decently lasting (about 5 hours). I use this on my cheeks for a very light blush effect. I think now that I got a little darker (usually NC30) it isn't showing up as great, so I'm off to find a new blush for the spring/summer. The packaging has only failed me once:)! Its not THAT loose. Overall, this is a nice blush but more suitable for meduim and light skin tones. It doesnt clog my pores :).

Popular Blush Products