Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 1/15/2015 11:55:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

After seeing all the rave reviews online I decided that it might be worth to spend a little extra to ship this into Canada. I'm usually extremely skeptical about products people claim to be their "holy grail" cause most of the time they haven't done much for me. However after using this for the first time last night - all I can say is wow. I had a few red, inflamed pimples before applying this, and a cystic like zit on my chin. I also have a few dark spots after older pimples. Waking up this morning, all of it has faded. The spots aren't completely gone but are definitely lighter, pimples aren't red anymore and dramatically shrunk in size, and the cystic pimple is almost already at the surface (usually takes 2 weeks). Blackheads and deep, skin coloured bumps I always struggle with - also dried up and and shrunk in size. Although my face does feel a bit itchy/irritated this morning (it REALLY tightens your skin), I think it's completely worth it considering how great it made my complexion look. Another note - I recently purchased the GlamGlow mask and that has done absolutely nothing for my face. Save the time and money and buy this inexpensive but extremely effective gem :) Also - MOISTURIZE. I used my HG moisturizer CeRave and it's really helped out to make sure my skin wasn't too dry after the mask. Don't waste anymore time reading reviews and researching, buy it now!!!

on 1/14/2015 6:16:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My routine- I mixed the clay with apple cider vinegar, left it on for 10-15 minutes, and took it off in the shower. I then used a Biore pore strip.

You donít have to spend a gazillion dollars at the local spa. This product is amazing but always sold out at iHerb!

on 1/14/2015 3:09:00 PM

You're gonna need a spoon to hoist the powder out of the container. DON'T try to dump it out or it'll fly everywhere!

This mask is really great! I tried it for the first time yesterday after reading tons of reviews. My skin looks significantly more even, smooth and a bit less red today; not to mention my makeup went on smoother! I definitely think I need to make masks a daily (or every other day) ritual now. The winter months have definitely been making my skin beg for some TLC. I think clay masks can sometimes act as well, which is great for those winter flakes your skin never seems to produce enough of.

I mixed mine with a bit of raw honey, ACV, water and cinnamon & left it on my face for about 30-40 min, then I just let the water pressure in the shower and a bit of rubbing wash it away. Mm-m goodness for the skin! The crystallized honey exfoliated the surface cells, and my skin just feels so much nicer today. Definitely drying though so be sure to double up on moisturizing after!

...So why the 4 stars?

I have decided to only award 5 stars to a) products that blow me out of the water upon first use & b) products that stand the test of time. We'll see how well this baby does when I use it more often. For now, definitely a solid A!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I've been using this for about a week & all my acne has reduced ! My skin usually takes weeks to heal . It can get uncomfortable on the skin but it's worth it . Amazing !

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I have been buying this for YEARS. It cleans out clogged pores and blackheads. My skin always feels good after using the mask.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Skin type: oily, acne prone - had chronic acne and blackheads for 12 years until i became strict with diet and adalpalene, bha, ahas & bp every day, pores will seemingly be blocked by 90+% of products instantly, highly reactive to fragrance, alcohol and clogging ingredients.

I LOVE this stuff. Natural, cheap, and feels like youre in a spa when you wear it. You get a TON. don't bother with glamglow overpriced crap - this is amazing. I use it mixed with water more than ACV, but both are fine with my skin. I find I don't even need to use this because my acne and blackheads are all gone, but its a treat to use and I'm glad I have it to hand. I use it for 'home spa' nights in with the girls :)

on 1/6/2015 10:29:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I bought this due to the incredible reviews, and because I love mud masks. I used this mask and ended up with cystic pimples, and whiteheads all over my face. I couldn't believe it. It took me weeks to get rid of them and I'm still trying to heal the marks. I've been using the rest of the clay as a body mask, since I am never letting this stuff touch my face ever again.

I promise you I have never found a mask in my life that has been able to dig out/clean out my pores. THIS MASK IS AMAZING!!!!! I have struggled with acne since I was 13 and this mask was actually able to go deep enough to clear out my clogged pores. This mask leaves my face feeling so clean! its amazing and a great price! feels good using something natural as well! I read some other reviews and people were saying its a pain to remove.. It is not a pain to remove! its easy! (wet your face first and then wipe it off) I also read reviews that said its messy.... yeah but choose your battles! I mix it with water only. I don't use apple cinnamon vinegar because my skin is sensitive but I'm loving the results with just having used water to mix it!!!!!! buy it!

on 12/23/2014 12:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

This stuff is better than any other mask I've ever tried, but still no miracle worker. I have large clogged pores and a mixture of this mask and apple cider vinegar helps pull out some of the impurities, however, most of it is still there. Also this did a number on my drain. I moved into my new apartment about 9 months ago and would do this mask periodically and wash it off in the sink. Well now the water takes forever to drain and when I took apart the pipes I found them coated with this green mixture. Gross. For that reason I will not repurchase.

on 12/11/2014 1:06:00 PM

I L-O-V-E, love this product! In the past I have had very bad cystic acne, as a result I have uneven skin tone, scars, and a general bumpy appearance on my face. My mom brought this mask home for me one day at the end of the summer and I was a little skeptical of how it would work since I have had limited success with mud masks in the past. In the directions it says to use either water or apple cider vinegar to mix with the powder. I opted for the vinegar and left it on for about 20 minutes. My face tingled a lot and when I washed it off it was bright red! I was mortified and worried that it would break me out and leave my skin in even worse condition. However, the next morning when I woke up my skin was flatter, clogged pores minimized and my skin in general looked radiant! I used it every other day for about a week and kept seeing amazing results, until I added too much vinegar and ended up irritating my skin. Up until about three week ago I hadn't used the product since the summer. But my skin was breaking out and I decided to resume use. I have not seen the same fantastic results, which is a little upsetting, but it does leave my face feeling very clean after so I will continue it as maintenance. The only downsides to the mask are that it is a little cumbersome to use in that you have to mix it with water/vinegar and washing it off can be a pain so I tend to do so in the shower.

Popular Masks