Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay

4.4

CALCIUM BENTONITE (green clay)

on 4/1/2015 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

I ordered this product from Amazon because I had read a few reviews online and I watched some YouTube reviews. At first I was skeptical because the price was cheap and I figured, you get what you pay for. Now that I've been using it 3 times a week for the last 3 weeks, I'M IN LOVE... I have oily skin and dark scars (I'm a picker) and at first it seemed like my face was oilier but now I'm noticing my skin isn't as oily as it typically has been for years. Also, my scars seem to be fading. I'm having to use less foundation and conceiler and my daily makeup routine is starting to take less time. I usually mix 1 tbsp Clay Mask with 1 1/2 tbsp ACV (apple cider vinegar) in a small mixing bowl with a plastic spoon. I use extra ACV so it won't be so thick (the thicker it is, the harder it is to take off) Then I use a foundation brush to apply it to my face and set the timer on my phone for 30 min. After about 7 min I can feel the pulsating. When the timer goes off, I take a warm wet washcloth to dampen the dry clay. Then I use my Clairsonic face brush to gently wash the mask off... After my face drys, I apply a water based moisturizer and #BangBang I'm done... This product is one that I will use for the rest of my life. With that being said, GOTTA GO DO MY MASK BEFORE I FORGET...

on 3/30/2015 9:00:00 PM

This stuff is pretty great! I love to mix it with activated charcoal and milk. I use lemon juice instead of ACV because I like the lightening and toning effect of the lemon juice. I find that you should make it slightly more watery than dry, it's much easier to apply and clean up. this helps a lot with acne and blackheads. I can see a difference every time I use it. you can also mix it with turmeric, but I prefer to mix turmeric with yogurt so it doesn't stain my face :) I'll be honest, making this mask is a huge hassle. I used to use reusable plastic measuring spoons and a glass bowl but it was so awful to clean up, and it left a weird residue on my glass bowl. I now use plastic spoons and plastic cups and that makes it so much easier. my face is red after using this but it goes away quickly. this mask brings stubborn pimples to a head and minimizes blackheads and pores. its one of the only things that has ever worked for my cystic acne. it's super cheap for a very large quantity and super effective! highly recommend!!!

on 3/30/2015 7:29:00 PM

As an former severe acne sufferer I have used my share of clay masks with varying results but none has been as effective as this one, this stuff is amazing. It does what is advertises, it reduces visible pores, evens out my skin tone and deeply cleanses my skin. You can almost tell how effective this mask is when wearing it sense you can basically feel it pulling the dirt out of your pores, it almost feels your skin is pulsating. A warning though, this is one of those products that may cause breakout in the beginning sense it's basically drawing out impurities, and very effectively at that.

on 3/25/2015 2:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I love this mask, I use it once a week to help tighten pores, get rid of blackheads on my nose and clear pores in general. I mix it with Bragg's apple cider vinegar, with ratio 1:1.
I love the pulsating effect, it really feels like my pores are being rejuvenated and it does help with any pimples that might pop up as it tends to reduce them in size, overnight... This isn't always the case however, but it's nice to have an all natural clay mask on your face knowing it might just banish the pimples away, or even help it along the way. I also love using this because I suffer from post inflammatory hyperpigmentation, too, and the apple cider vinegar I mix the clay with helps with the reduction and lightening.

After I cleanse, I like to steam my face first before using this, because your pores open up with steam and when the clay dries up on my face I feel the pulsating effects more.

Bentonite clay is naturally very drying so you have got make sure you restore the moisture back into your face with a good moisturiser... I like to use an organic and pure rosehip oil by Trilogy, then Vichy Normaderms hydrating care which has lovely AHA's, salicylic acid and also non-comedegenic, without parabens and is hypoallergenic!

on 3/22/2015 4:57:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I have used this mask 10 times in the last 5 weeks. Like the majority of people, I absolutely love this product and will never go without it again.
This mask dries up new pimples, helps older ones fade, cleans out pores and overall makes my skin look amazing. The first use caused me to break out a bit, but it was just the purging effect and they went away quickly. I've been getting so many compliments on my skin, and don't need to use heavy foundation or concealer anymore.
I bought mine at Whole Foods Market for $7. The tub is pretty big and since I only use one teaspoon per mask, the tub will last me a year maybe. So great value.
I use one teaspoon of the clay and one teaspoon of raw Apple Cider Vinegar, and leave the mask on for about 30 minutes.
It is a bit of a mess to mix together. But I find it fun, like I'm making a magic beauty potion hehe.
I definitely recommend this.

on 3/21/2015 1:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I feel like this REALLY cleans out my pores!
note: I have sensitive, combo skin and this doesnt make me break out or irritate my skin at all!
I've only used this as a face mask & acne spot treatment.
I purchase this at the vitamin shoppe, or order online. It's totally worth it because you get SOOOO much product and only use a little bit at a time. I can barely use it all up before it expires. Considering how much product you get it really isn't a bad price.
I mix equal parts of this powder with bragg organic apple cider vinegar (highly suggest this mixture, it is definitely better than just mixing with water)

I mix it in a bag, then rub on my face and leave on for about 15 minutes.
The sensation is hard to explain, it is like a pulsing/pulling/tightening feeling!! I can't handle it for more than 15 minutes until I have to take off the mask. my face is a little red afterwards but that goes away. I take it off with water then usually use a gentle hydrating cleanser like cerave or even cetaphil, then put on a gentle moisturizer since the mask can leave me dry.
but once I use this, HOLY COW my skin is sooooo clear and I feel like all the gunk in my pores is out. it feels SO CLEAN
once a week I do it all over my face and other than that I use it as a spot treatment or just around my nose/tzone/acne prone areas.
the only cons are the smell, it's kind of messy, takes time to prepare, and difficult to take off. The pulling feeling it gives when it's on your face is odd, but not a big deal. the end result is definitely worth it

IMPORTANT:
When you mix this with water or the organic apple cider vinegar it makes this gross paste. (if you spill some powder, vacuum it up.. do not use a damp towel to wipe it up bc it'll turn into that paste). That paste should NOT be put down your drain. this is why I mix it in a plastic bag, put it on my face via plastic bag so nothing has to be washed. IMPORTANT: when you take off the mask do not let any go down the drain!! I use damp paper towels then throw them in the trash.

I'm so sick of masks not doing anything, so this mask is totally worth the extra trouble. It is more time consuming than squeezing product from a tube and jumping in the shower to rinse off. I'm seriously so lazy but I will definitely spend time on this mask. Once you do it a couple times it's not a big deal
I know it's hard to find, smells bad, you have to be extra careful, can't go down the drain, feels weird, etc but I SWEAR THIS PRODUCT IS WORTH IT. it has made such a difference in my skin. I've stopped using other face masks because this one is amazing. it seriously gets my pores soooo cleaned out. definitely worth it. it's my secret weapon and i highly recommend it.

on 3/16/2015 10:49:00 PM

I don't really know how I feel about this product just yet. I couldn't find it anywhere actually, not even walmart so I had to order it from a health store. A week later I was so excited to use it and I have about 8 times now. The first time I had it on, it was pulling like crazy that I was getting a little worried when I take it off it will look like i have a huge hickey all over my face, but it didn't thank god. I used it that week every other day and moisturizer right after because it will leave your face dry, and I have normal though acne prone skin, very mild. I switched it up to every night as some reviews stated, saying you'll see a difference if used back to back for a week, and still I don't see the wow factor everyone's raving about. I find it alright, hopefully soon it will work its magic!

on 3/16/2015 10:35:00 PM

I've had bad experiences with this stuff in the past. It would dry out my skin and I felt like I was breaking out more. When mixed with water, it was super clumpy and difficult to spread, and when mixed with apple cider vinegar, it burned and irritated my skin (im assuming it had something to do with the pH of ACV mixed with my sensitive skin). But recently i mixed it with George's aloe vera juice (looks and tastes like water!) Now we're talkin! Haven't used it long enough to see long term results, but my skin seems to like it :) P.S. I have acne on my cheeks and lots of hyperpigmentation. womp.

on 3/13/2015 4:47:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Warm

Amazing stuff, simple, dirt cheap, gives results! I bought it as another tool to clear up my acne almost two years ago. I have been using it for a while on and off and didn't see any changes. However, recently I got on to applying it for 30 minutes strictly twice a week and my face doesn't seem to break out at all, because this mask literally sucks out all the gunk from the skin! I find that mixing it with raw apple cider vinegar in the proportion that makes its consistency creamy like sour cream is what makes the difference and makes your skin pulsate. I recommend to try it!

on 3/11/2015 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

Has helped my skin so much and you can really feel it pulsating.

Popular Masks