January 28, 2015 | 1933 users online

Masks - Aztec Secret - Indian Healing Clay

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by samiiyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have acne-prone skin and heard about this online so I picked it up at Whole Foods for around $5 for a pretty decent sized tub about seven months ago. I only use a spoon full of the clay and a few splashes of organic apple cider vinegar and it's a super cheap (and effective) mask! A little goes a pretty long way.
The tightening/pulsing effect on your face is crazy! It feels super weird and some people might not like it or it might hurt too badly for them. Beware people with sensitive skin- I would definitely patch test this just in case because it's pretty strong.
After I wash it off my face is red for about thirty minutes after which is weird but I haven't noticed any damage to my skin, just really nice results the next day. I find that the next morning my skin looks really lovely and glowy and my blemishes have shrunk down decently. I wouldn't use this many times in a week though.
Another thing is comparing it to the GlamGlow SuperMud Clearing Treatment. To me, $65 or whatever is just ridiculous for that amount of product. I bought it thinking it would be a miracle worker, but I definitely prefer the Aztec Clay not only for the price but for the efficacy as well. I find myself using this over the GlamGlow and I'm happier with the results.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 3:33:00 AM More reviews by jillfoshizzle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff for years and I love it! I use it about once a week and my skin feels totally detoxed and tight and new. It is a little drying though so you can't use it all the time, once a week is perfect for me but I have oilier skin, for other people once every two weeks might be better.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/4/2014 2:19:00 AM More reviews by alielxoxo

Omg, I absolutely love this stuff. It makes your skin glow. After you remove your mask, your skin should be red. It goes away in 30 minutes though. But mixing this with herbs, and oils is endless. Maintains my breakout problem but I'm not completely clear from acne. Probably because I'm still going through puberty. But without this I would be screwed.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2014 10:37:00 AM More reviews by aleung88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this about 5 times since receiving it, and my skin has visibly improved within 2 weeks. I follow the instructions on the back with mixing Apple Cider Vinegar with the clay until foamy/moussey texture, spread on my face with old makeup brush, and once it has dried and tightened, rinse with warm water. Skin gets red at first but next morning was buttery smooth, no visible poors, faint glow. LOVE! This tub will last forever, but definitely worth a repurchase!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:38:00 PM More reviews by artsaves

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I do like this. I love the fact that it's natural. It makes my skin softer and smoother after using it. However, I usually end up getting a pimple or two after using it. I rarely break out. It's not a huge issue, it's just what I've noticed every time after using it. I'm sure it's because the mask is drawing out all the impurities which makes sense because that's what this mask is supposed to do.

That being said, I don't use this very often. I'll use it once every few months. I use acv to mix it as opposed to water because the consistency is better, IMO.

It's super cheap and the amount that you pay for will last months, so you can't go wrong there. It's nice to do every once in a while!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2014 11:30:00 AM More reviews by PoppyDaze

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I live in Australia so I bought this for about $20+ online - not very cheap for me unfortunately. I love that it's 100% bentonite clay with no other unnecessary ingredients. I used it with raw organic apple cider vinegar and it mixes well and makes a smooth consistency, whereas it got clumpy when I used water.

It feels like a strong, tight mask so it's quite satisfying. You can definitely feel your face pulsate from the tightness as it says! It helped to calm down my skin but it didn't solve my acne-prone skin. I would recommend this over any store-bought mask though since it's pure and feels very natural and revitalising. I think it's a good staple for a skincare regime and I want to repurchase it. However, I will probably buy from a local supplier of bentonite clay instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:34:00 AM More reviews by karenapril

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I love this a lot. It's dirt cheap, you only need a little to spread all over your face. Just add a bit of Apple cider vinegar, a bit honey mix well then spread it on your face. Washing up is a bit difficult if left too long but I always use a wet wash cloth to moisten up first then only gently wash away the clay. Gave me clear firm skin. Must try! But don't use it if you gonna go out for the night. You will have a rather red skin for at least 30 minutes afterwards

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2014 3:06:00 AM More reviews by isleofesa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is a pretty good alternative to GlamGlow, that I purchased from the Vitamin Shoppe for around 5 bucks. You have to mix it with apple cider vinegar or you can use water. The mixing is an extra process I could do without so that's my only issue, but it is a great mask. You can even use this clay for different things such as making a mask for your hair and feet.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by Jewel15iam

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE THIS PRODUCT. Excuse my enthusiasm but I seriously love this product.

It'll (help) most likely get rid of acne

It'll pull all that crap from your pores(literally, look it up)

It's crazy inexpensive- 5ish-10ish dollars
The only con? It is drying and can cause redness for roughly half a hour after. Just use a hydrating moisturizer after and you'll be fine.
Also, use ACV. You can't really use anything else.. It'll clump up and be difficult.

I gave the packaging a three star bc you have to mix it yourself but I don't take that as a con bc if they did it it'd go hard and useless.

Overall, I'd recommend this product. Why not? It's cheap and is very unlikely you'll have a reaction to it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 11:42:00 AM More reviews by dashazaytseva

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I went out and bought this after seeing all the great reviews on MUA. It was around $8 at Whole Foods for a huge tub that I'm sure will last me forever, so it's a pretty great value. At first I just used it as the directions say, just mixing it up with a little ACV. I definitely felt the pulsing in my face from all the blood flow, but I was a little cautious since I read some reviews saying that leaving it on too long gave them burns or bad reactions, so I only left it on for about 15 minutes. It did leave my face red but I did it in the evening so no big deal. My face felt clean but I didn't see much of a difference so the next night I left it on for about 30-40 minutes and that's when I saw a big difference...It pulled all my pimples and blackheads to the surface and I could very easily pop them. The next day I woke up with my skin much clearer, but I still had some blemishes. Finally, I decided to mess around with the recipe a bit and I added a capsule of activated charcoal and a few drops of tea tree oil. I left it on for about 40 minutes. I think that adding the charcoal really reduces the tight, pulsating feeling so if that is an issue with you, consider adding something to the mask to make it more gentle. I don't think it decreased the efficacy of the mask, if anything it improved it. After taking it off, I was amazed. It had pulled so much to the surface and even completely flattened a few blemishes. However, it brought up a big cystic pimple on my chin. I didn't mind because I knew it was just purging my skin, but I still had some leftover mask mixed up so I put on a thick layer over the cyst as an overnight spot treatment. When I washed it off in the morning, THE CYST WAS COMPLETELY GONE. Like, totally flat...I was amazed. I have been using this nightly for about 3 or 4 days and I will continue using it nightly until my skin is completely purged, then I will probably decrease my use to a couple times a week. If you don't get immediate results from this mask, try leaving it on longer or adjusting the recipe for your needs. Either way, this mask is super cheap so it doesn't hurt to try. I am super pleased and will continue to repurchase (if I ever finish this huge container!)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No