October 1, 2014 | 972 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Lancome - Progres Eye Cream

rated 3 of 5 on 1/23/2008 12:56:00 PM More reviews by julesab21

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great moisturizer for under your eyes, but don't expect any miracles with fine lines. I've been using this product for several months and haven't noticed any difference. Also, I do have fairly sensitive eyes and haven't had any irritation problems at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/19/2008 2:30:00 AM More reviews by yvetto

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Now I used almost all of the very first cream I got and decided that the cream was a little tingly on the eye and try out couple new ones.
Based on the reviews I read and heard I tried La Prairie and Kiehl. Well, guess what they made me run back to Lancome Progres.

I didn't realize how nurturing this cream was until I started using La Prairie luxe cream for about 2 weeks and started seeing a very clear fine line under my eye. GASP.
For frequent sunblock/anti-dryness I use Kiehl's ultramoisutruizing SPF for the eye (looks like a lipstick) but for other purposes I'm going to stick with my Progres.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/21/2007 5:28:00 PM More reviews by freightgal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I tried this cream after reading the reviews on this site. I was looking for a very moisturizing cream since a lot of eye "treatments" don't seem to moisturize at all & did nothing to soften the fine lines under my eyes. Progres is deeply moisturizing, but it does seem to make my eyes puffy in the morning since it holds in a lot of moisture. Since Progres is mainly a moisturizer and not a treatment, I use it on top of the Isomers ONE 3000 for eyes and have seen a definite improvement in the fine lines and sagginess under my eyes. I'm on my second pot of Progres and plan to buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Steph0891

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this product was a disappointment. i have super dry skin and didn't find this moisturizing enough. my eyes started flaking again once i stopped using my arbonne eye cream and decided to test this one. it doesn't even have any vitamins or anything major to help w/ aging. i guess if you need a moisturizer and u don't have super dry skin like i do this might be a good eye lotion. but for me it did jack $%/!. but only dried my skin out. just fell for the hype and high ratings on here. sorry to kill the ratings.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/30/2007 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Desarae1

I bought this like many others, based on the reviews on this site. I admit it does feel nice when I pat it around my eyes at night after cleaning my face, BUT I am not sure that this product is worth the money or the hype.

I suggest anyone considering purchasing this product first do a little research on the ingredients. I looked each one up on Paula's Choice website. She has a great ingredient dictonary. From my understanding, the best ingredient in this eye cream is petroleum, which I could buy for 99 cents at my local drugstore!!! The rest of the ingredients are mainly thickening agents. If anyone would like to let me know their opinion, please feel free to email me :)

I won't be repurchasing to say the least.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/28/2007 11:50:00 AM More reviews by barbiH

Just got this thanks to the raves here on MUA. I'm not sure what I think yet. The fragrance may take some getting used to since I usually use non-fragranced products due to sensitivities. It would be too emollient for daytime for my skintype but at night, wow! I can understand why this gets the raves. It's even more emollient than LaMer and Fresh's Creme Ancienne. I could even feel it still around my eyes in the morning after awakening. UPDATE (9/4/07): This is simply NOT for me....too greasy and the fragrance is annoying. The worse part were the small little bumps that began to appear in my eye area. I will not repurchase.
INGREDIENTS: water,glyceryl oleate, hydrogenated castor oil, ozokerite, petrolatum, polyglyceryl-4 isostearate, glycerin, shea butter, sodium chloride, magnesium sulfate, fragrance, imidazolindyl urea, propylene glycol, methylparaben, hydrolyzed soy protein, potassium chloride, yeast extract, methylchlorosothiazolinone, methylsthiazolinone, 586077 A continued >>

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/25/2007 5:01:00 PM More reviews by busybaker1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Thanks to the positive reviews here at MUA, I decided to give this a try.

I've been using it daily (morning & night) for about 2 weeks and so far I love it. As others have said, its not loaded with modern bells and whistles--no AHAs, retinol, etc.--however it is an excellent moisturizer and definitely softens the fine lines around your eyes. I've been able to use it under makeup with no problem (I use Laura Mercier Secret Concealer under my eyes set with a little bit of Becca loose powder). The Progres eye cream provides an excellent base with no creasing or greasiness by the end of the day.

I've heard the rumors that this may be discontinued, however I purchased it direct from the Lancome website ($52) where it is still prominently displayed as part of the eye care line...so who knows??

You can check it out there at:

http://www.lancome-usa.com/skincare/eye-care/progres-eye.htm continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/24/2007 1:58:00 PM More reviews by vicky4041

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this eye cream. My skin is so soft and supple. I can definitely tell a difference since I have been using it. I probably use more than I should so it will probably not last as long on me as it should but as long as I can afford it I will continue to purchase it. I just hope Lancome doesn't ever change it. If you are searching for an eye cream and have a tendency to be dry, you really should give this one a try.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/23/2007 7:50:00 PM More reviews by amepua

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Aloha! Thank you for your reviews! Purchased this product not too long ago and loving it!! Will only buy this eye cream from now on!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2007 11:13:00 PM More reviews by eiswoman

I have tried NUMEROUS eye creams/serums, and this is the only one that I've seen noticeable results with. It really is wonderful. It isn't a miracle cream - it's not going to remove wrinkles (if you find a product that does, please let me know!), but it does improve the texture of the eye area and make fine lines less/crepiness noticeable. My eyes look dewy and fresh as a result of using this product. I cannot wear it during the day under make up because it's too heavy, but I use it as a night cream, and use Burt's Bees Repair Serum under make up during the day. Very pleased with the results of this product BUT, not sure I'll purchase it again, only because of the ingredients (petroleum) - am trying to switch to more natural/organic products.