July 31, 2014 | 2120 users online

Fragrances - Bulgari - Au The Rouge (Red Tea)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2008 2:15:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is a very nice and refreshing tea scent, it's one of my favorites. It's a little spicier than their The' Vert, and has a clearer tea smell and less of the white florals that go with their The' Vert fragrance, pleasantly. I primarily smell the red tea from the Yunnan red tea (a regular, fermented tea like black tea) and not so much the Rooibos red tea (which comes from an African Rooibos "redbush" bush and is not a fermented tea from the camellia sinensis tree). It has a earthy, milky and spicy fig note to it, and a bit bitter yet nutty walnut note as well. Pink pepper, bergamot and orange add to the natural spiciness and smokiness of the Yunnan red tea. The fragrance is finally accented by a musk base note that goes very well with all of the other notes. I think this is a great fragrance and to my nose, it's classy, clear smelling, not offensive at all. I like this one because it doesn't bother my DH in close quarters. I bought this one at full price at Saks, and now wish I had waited; sometimes you can find it at Marshalls/TJ Maxx as overstock. But it's worth the expensive price tag, especially if you enjoy tea fragrances, which are naturally clean and refreshing smelling. Unisex, not overly florally or masculine or feminine, per se. I don't wear their The' Vert but I love this one. Other tea fragrances I enjoy are: Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea, EA Green Tea, L'Artisan Tea for Two.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/17/2008 8:35:00 PM More reviews by Helena101

I've tested this every time I go shopping and have to have a full bottle now. It really is a very pretty, unique, light scent, yet it is not synthetic smelling. It really does smell like fragrant tea, along with the other notes of walnut, citrus, and musk.

I tested it last night and this morning when I put my sport watch back on, I kept getting this wonderful aroma. I sniffed my watch, and sure enough, some of the scent was still on it. It's just lovely, calm and smooth, and I think it would be perfect for casual days or professional settings.

I love the elegant and simple bottle, too, and the Bulgari name, is of course, always nice to have on your dresser!

TJ Maxx has it right now for 19.99 a bottle--I'm heading down this weekend to get it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 5:03:00 AM More reviews by wildwolfha

I love this perfume as much as I love Hermes perfume. The smell is luxurious and elegant. Besides that, It's unique and long lasting. I don't know why some people give bad comments about this perfume. It's amazing for me !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/15/2008 7:25:00 PM More reviews by angelflutter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Starts off musky and peppery to almost the point of gagging. But after a while, it balances out and turns warm, comfortable, sensual. But boy its worth the wait! On me its complex and interesting, I get a bit of sweet fig, a bit of red tea, a bit of musk, a bit of spice.. and most importantly... no floral! (I hate floral.) My trick is that I simply don't spray it on my neck where it would be close to my nose since its very strong for the first 15-30 minutes. I also prefer to spray a tiny spritz, several times a day rather than too much at once. If too much is applies it seems to make the musky, peppery notes much more prominent and long lasting. Its a very unique scent which I adore and am addicted to. I often even wear it to bed b/c its so comforting. Mmmmmm....

rated 1 of 5 on 6/19/2008 10:42:00 AM More reviews by eiviz

Oh
my
god!
I have never felt sick after sniffing a perfume. But this one really made me sick and made me wanna go puke.
To me, it's probably the worst perfume ever created. What a "masterpiece"!
I only felt notes of puke and pus.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2008 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Wendy1954

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this fragrance although not when I first spray it on. It has a clean and elegant fragrance but absolutely no staying power on your skin. It will last on clothes and in my BR. If this came in an oil essence or parfum, the staying power would be fabulous. One of my co-workers thought there was a hint of blueberry. Either way, a pretty fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/20/2008 10:31:00 AM More reviews by Tess35

I like the scent of this baby. It is light and sweet but with a twist. I could have ranked this next to Green Tea only that this leaves me in an hour or so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2008 12:42:00 AM More reviews by Lepin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Exotic without being offensive. Most Bulgari scents are on the light side, this being no exception. I can spray this all over and still not offend anyone, layered with the body lotion this is absolutely sensual. I do find the lotion not long lasting or greasy although it does seem to have a more citrus note, like lemon added to tea. Although this is unisex I really can't imagine most men wearing it, probably because it is light. Like any other scent your body chemistry will affect the final drydown. I tend to dilute fragrances quickly but this has staying power. At the end of the day this lingers so beautifully on my clothing, which I love. My husband loves this too, which is a plus. A great bridge fragrance from winter through spring.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/5/2008 6:23:00 PM More reviews by cat1203

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love almost all Bvlgari fragrances but this was dreadful on me. I sprayed some on in the store and all I could do was wish I hadn't. It smelled like I'd been smoking a pipe. I rode home with the car windows down on a 40 degree day, got a headache and when I finally got home I tried to wash it off and after 3 times of washing I can still smell it. Good news is... if you like this.. it has tremendous staying power. Just awful.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/24/2008 11:26:00 AM More reviews by Aeternitas

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Every time I smell a Bvlgari fragrance, I'm just taken away by the beautiful quality. As soon as I got a whiff of Au The Rouge, I fell in love and had to get it. This is such a comforting, warm scent for me in the way that red tea is soothing. It's amazing. I like it mainly because it is a unisex perfume, making it gentle in a feminine way with a masculine aura to it that makes it noticeable - I really like that in a perfume. It's not light, but it's not strong. When I wear it, I get a lot of the fig note and the walnut note on dry down, with a burst of pink pepper on the initial spray, which is somewhat spicy in the beginning. I think you would have to wear it to truly understand it as the stages of dry down are always changing. It's a beautiful blend and I feel at peace when I wear it. Calming. The lasting power is great, too! I could wear this everyday. It's casual and great for day wear.

Notes as mentioned on Sephora:
Pink Pepper, Orange, Bergamot, Red Tea Accord, Fig Pulp, Walnut, Musk.

It smells so much like nature (just look at the notes!) I can imagine someone wearing this out camping in the cold, woody mountains.