Bulgari Au The Rouge (Red Tea)

3.9

on 11/10/2008 5:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

I usually disliked tea fragrance and I intensely dislike this fragrance on its own, but on my skin I adore it. Itís very unique, warm, but light scent and also very discreet. It has long staying power.

on 10/19/2008 2:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

This is a very nice and refreshing tea scent, it's one of my favorites. It's a little spicier than their The' Vert, and has a clearer tea smell and less of the white florals that go with their The' Vert fragrance, pleasantly. I primarily smell the red tea from the Yunnan red tea (a regular, fermented tea like black tea) and not so much the Rooibos red tea (which comes from an African Rooibos "redbush" bush and is not a fermented tea from the camellia sinensis tree). It has a earthy, milky and spicy fig note to it, and a bit bitter yet nutty walnut note as well. Pink pepper, bergamot and orange add to the natural spiciness and smokiness of the Yunnan red tea. The fragrance is finally accented by a musk base note that goes very well with all of the other notes. I think this is a great fragrance and to my nose, it's classy, clear smelling, not offensive at all. I like this one because it doesn't bother my DH in close quarters. I bought this one at full price at Saks, and now wish I had waited; sometimes you can find it at Marshalls/TJ Maxx as overstock. But it's worth the expensive price tag, especially if you enjoy tea fragrances, which are naturally clean and refreshing smelling. Unisex, not overly florally or masculine or feminine, per se. I don't wear their The' Vert but I love this one. Other tea fragrances I enjoy are: Elizabeth Arden Spiced Green Tea, EA Green Tea, L'Artisan Tea for Two.

on 10/17/2008 8:35:00 PM

I've tested this every time I go shopping and have to have a full bottle now. It really is a very pretty, unique, light scent, yet it is not synthetic smelling. It really does smell like fragrant tea, along with the other notes of walnut, citrus, and musk.

I tested it last night and this morning when I put my sport watch back on, I kept getting this wonderful aroma. I sniffed my watch, and sure enough, some of the scent was still on it. It's just lovely, calm and smooth, and I think it would be perfect for casual days or professional settings.

I love the elegant and simple bottle, too, and the Bulgari name, is of course, always nice to have on your dresser!

TJ Maxx has it right now for 19.99 a bottle--I'm heading down this weekend to get it!

on 10/15/2008 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this perfume as much as I love Hermes perfume. The smell is luxurious and elegant. Besides that, It's unique and long lasting. I don't know why some people give bad comments about this perfume. It's amazing for me !

on 9/15/2008 7:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Starts off musky and peppery to almost the point of gagging. But after a while, it balances out and turns warm, comfortable, sensual. But boy its worth the wait! On me its complex and interesting, I get a bit of sweet fig, a bit of red tea, a bit of musk, a bit of spice.. and most importantly... no floral! (I hate floral.) My trick is that I simply don't spray it on my neck where it would be close to my nose since its very strong for the first 15-30 minutes. I also prefer to spray a tiny spritz, several times a day rather than too much at once. If too much is applies it seems to make the musky, peppery notes much more prominent and long lasting. Its a very unique scent which I adore and am addicted to. I often even wear it to bed b/c its so comforting. Mmmmmm....

on 6/19/2008 10:42:00 AM

Oh
my
god!
I have never felt sick after sniffing a perfume. But this one really made me sick and made me wanna go puke.
To me, it's probably the worst perfume ever created. What a "masterpiece"!
I only felt notes of puke and pus.

on 6/13/2008 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

I really like this fragrance although not when I first spray it on. It has a clean and elegant fragrance but absolutely no staying power on your skin. It will last on clothes and in my BR. If this came in an oil essence or parfum, the staying power would be fabulous. One of my co-workers thought there was a hint of blueberry. Either way, a pretty fragrance.

on 5/20/2008 10:31:00 AM

I like the scent of this baby. It is light and sweet but with a twist. I could have ranked this next to Green Tea only that this leaves me in an hour or so.

on 4/6/2008 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Exotic without being offensive. Most Bulgari scents are on the light side, this being no exception. I can spray this all over and still not offend anyone, layered with the body lotion this is absolutely sensual. I do find the lotion not long lasting or greasy although it does seem to have a more citrus note, like lemon added to tea. Although this is unisex I really can't imagine most men wearing it, probably because it is light. Like any other scent your body chemistry will affect the final drydown. I tend to dilute fragrances quickly but this has staying power. At the end of the day this lingers so beautifully on my clothing, which I love. My husband loves this too, which is a plus. A great bridge fragrance from winter through spring.

on 4/5/2008 6:23:00 PM

I love almost all Bvlgari fragrances but this was dreadful on me. I sprayed some on in the store and all I could do was wish I hadn't. It smelled like I'd been smoking a pipe. I rode home with the car windows down on a 40 degree day, got a headache and when I finally got home I tried to wash it off and after 3 times of washing I can still smell it. Good news is... if you like this.. it has tremendous staying power. Just awful.

Popular Fragrances