Fruit of the Earth - Vitamin E Cream

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, collagen, elastin, aloe vera gel, squaline, wheat germ oil, retinyl palmitate, dimethicone, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, carbomer 940, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

I honestly did not expect to like this since we've been trained to believe that if something is "cheap" then it must not work. My mom bought it to try because it was so inexpensive and gave me a jar as well. IT IS AMAZING. I can't believe the price for what you get in that jar! I use it at night on my face and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing and feels great. I have very dry skin, and will also use this to touch up any dry spots with this cream if they crop up during the day. I have not broken out at all even though it's pretty thick. I also like the smell; it's just light and fresh. I will be buying this over and over, and plan to try other Fruit of the Earth products as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily, acne-prone skin and admittedly, I was afraid to use this product on my face at first. But, I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did! This stuff is amazing-very emollient and moisturizing without being too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who use the drying acne treatments (for example, I use Retin-A) on your off nights. It is dirt cheap at Dollar General; you get two large jars for around $2. It does have a scent but it dissipates after awhile. I am a person who does not prefer scented products for the face, but again, this cream doesn't seem to bother me. I will continue to repurchase again and again!

on 4/15/2012 11:58:00 AM

Okay... First, I have to say that my dad is the one who got me on this stuff. He's anti lotion lol I tried it when I was pregnant (3 years ago) & couldn't take the smell. Seriously, even to be around them if they'd used it in the last day made me ssooo sick.
Now, though, I don't mind the smell... I've actually learned to like it. I like the tub, but I do always use it right after washing my face or a shower, so I have clean hands.
It's really thick, & I think someone else said a little goes a long way - true!
I've been fighting oily skin for 3 years (coincidence? nope - hormones did it) & have as a result had some acne problems. I never had oily skin or acne as a teenager, so I've been floating around lost. (I'm 26)
Finally, I got sick of 3 step programs that don't work, & went back to Dove & bought a pack of this. WOOHOO!!
Now I don't touch any other soap but Dove beauty bar (white), then I use this lotion all over, from head to toe. It has reduced my makeup to pressed powder (once a day!!!!) & mascara, every day!
I made the mistake of trying another moisturizer on my face, & my face went crazy on me. It took two weeks, but now I don't have to wear concealer again.
TRY this, at least!

I really like this moisturizer. It isnít too thick and doesnít make my face too greasy like other creams. I use this especially during the evening before I go to bed. It doesnít have SPF so I donít use it during the day time. I have personally seen an improvement in my skin. I donít have as many break outs and acne scars from a few years ago have diminished in appearance quite a lot. I'm not bothered by the packaging as much as some other reviewers are. Using a clean finger, I swab a pea size amount and apply it all over my face, chin, and forehead. I would recommend this moisturizer for its quality and price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased a two-pack of these for under 4 dollars at Dollar General. I actually like this product. It makes my skin really soft but I think it may be the cause of a minor pimple or two.

I just looked this product up on EWG.org and this product appears to be extremely unhealthy, please read.

I'll probably continue to use this though as I'm not made of money and don't want to throw it out.

on 2/11/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! I use it on my face 1x per day and it makes it smooth, gives it a nice glow and most of all, keeps my acne at bay! I still cannot believe a $2 lotion can do such wonders. HG product for me!

on 10/22/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this originally as a hand lotion. Came in a two pack and it said it could be used on the hands, face, and body. After feeling the light, non-greasy texture I decided to try it on my face. It's only been three days but I'm hooked!
I have oily/acne prone skin but even with the mineral oil does not break me out or cause excess oil. I'm also a proactiv user and it helps to soothe the dry patches that come along with that. I've been a FTE vitamin E gel user on my face for years. But the 3 days of using this I already see an improvement in my skin texture around my eyes and mouth "laugh lines." Goodbye Oil of Olay!
I don't like putting my hands into the tub so I use a small clean spoon. I will forever continue to use this! Love it!

on 9/13/2011 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

WOW! This is something I'm never going to be without again! It really is as good as everyone says. I found a 2-pack for $4 at Walmart, not expecting much, just wanting something cheap that would do the job. I was stunned by the list of ingredients. Even the most expensive creams do not have these ingredients. I am done dishing out tons of money on high-end lotions - and I have dished out a lot. In the past I've tried Korres, Lush, and Shiseido. None of them made lasting differences in my skin. This one does, I think because it helps my skin repair itself. I use it on my face every day and night, and I also concentrate it on my feet, hands, and believe it or not, hair. As a hair treatment left in overnight it works well to prevent split ends and to nourish. I've never had softer skin. I do not notice any smell associated with this at all, either.

on 5/27/2011 8:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I love this cream, it makes my face smooth and helps fade scars. RECOMMENDED.

on 2/27/2011 1:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

First of all, I do HATE the tub this comes in. Its unhygenic and not as easy to use as a pump or a tube. After saying that, I do love the product itself. I started using it about 3 months into my accutane treatment (last year) because I was having a hard time finding anything else that would soothe my dry skin, but that was also non-greasy enough to use under my makeup in the day. This one fit the bill perfectly. Cetaphil was no where near moisturizing enough, and although I had a great arsenal of moisturizers/soothers for nighttime, they were all way too greasy for my skin in the day.

This product is light and fluffy, not heavy at all, and sinks into the skin beautifully. I don't particularly like the smell, but its not very strong, dissipates quickly, and is something I can deal with for the wonderful benefits of the cream. I would recommend this to anyone, but especially fellow accutane takers like me!

Popular Moisturizers