Fruit of the Earth - Vitamin E Cream

4.4

Price: $

Price: $

Water, mineral oil, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, stearic acid, glycerin, stearyl alcohol, tocopheryl acetate, collagen, elastin, aloe vera gel, squaline, wheat germ oil, retinyl palmitate, dimethicone, coconut oil, sunflower seed oil, carbomer 940, triethanolamine, propylene glycol, diazolidinyl urea, methylparaben, propylparaben, fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

What can I say, I'm just gutted about this product. I bought it based on the good reviews it received on makeupalley, and I was on the search for a simple moisturiser with either vitamin A, E or C to help with my post-acne skin. I'm especially into natural products, and so I thought 'fruit of the earth' would be a no-fuss, no-funny-business option. Unfortunately, I saw that the ingredients list includes various kinds of alcohol, acids and parabens. I already had my doubts, but as I had bought a big pot online I thought I might as well give it a go. After two or three days of using it, I now have clumps of spots on my cheeks and chin. Don't get me wrong, they're hardly volcanic and terrible, but I'm sure that if I continued using this it would only get worse. I'm going back to using my fail-safe blemish remedies of Sudocrem, rosewater toner and rosehip oil to get rid of the damage this disappointing moisturiser has done. Would not recommend to anyone with spot-prone or sensitive skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

With the fall chill in the air, I've recently started reaching for heavier creams to keep my ultra dry skin hydrated. I usually bounce around different products to try because I like to find creams that are scented and compliment my perfume. However, I decided to try either an unscented cream or nearly unscented cream. I picked up a FOTE vitamin e cream made with wheat germ oil, collagen, and lots of other good things. It's a great basic cream, perfect for slathering on before going to bed. My skin is smooth and hydrated in the morning. There's a slight scent but nothing over powering...almost like a sweet, "soapy" clean scent which I kind of like. Some reviewers have suggested using it as a facial cream, I think it would be a little heavy for that but as a body cream for less than $4 a jar, this will help me keep dry winter skin at bay!

Update: 9-28-12: I have decided that this cream unfortunately did not really hydrate my skin but sort of masked the dryness. The best lotions and creams to use for winter skin is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing lotion with oatmeal or Cetaphil moisturizing cream. They never fail and keep my skin baby soft, even through the harshest winter!

on 8/19/2012 6:18:00 PM

wow, this will be the first review i do for a cream... first let me tell you im a guy with prone acne skin. i've tried so many moisturizers in the pass. Cetaphil, shea butter, clean & clear, neutrogena and the list goes on. I found this product in walmart and i see it was very cheap 2 packs for only $3,79 this is a ridiculous cheap. at first i was scared for the mineral oil in it, but i tried it because i was using cetaphil, but it seemed to break me out so this was my decision and im glad i did. Tip: I clean my face with Raw African Black soap then i apply this on my face, the black soap seems to destroy acne in just days, i dont get new pimples anymore on the face, i wash my face in the morning with ABS and then i apply this cream. and at night i do the same thing, so twice a day. I have oily and dry skin. hope this cream helps most of you. (FOTE vitamin E Cream & Raw African Black soap) Rocks!!

on 8/16/2012 1:54:00 PM

I honestly did not expect to like this since we've been trained to believe that if something is "cheap" then it must not work. My mom bought it to try because it was so inexpensive and gave me a jar as well. IT IS AMAZING. I can't believe the price for what you get in that jar! I use it at night on my face and when I wake up in the morning, my skin is glowing and feels great. I have very dry skin, and will also use this to touch up any dry spots with this cream if they crop up during the day. I have not broken out at all even though it's pretty thick. I also like the smell; it's just light and fresh. I will be buying this over and over, and plan to try other Fruit of the Earth products as well.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have oily, acne-prone skin and admittedly, I was afraid to use this product on my face at first. But, I took the plunge and I'm so glad I did! This stuff is amazing-very emollient and moisturizing without being too heavy. I would recommend it to anyone, especially those who use the drying acne treatments (for example, I use Retin-A) on your off nights. It is dirt cheap at Dollar General; you get two large jars for around $2. It does have a scent but it dissipates after awhile. I am a person who does not prefer scented products for the face, but again, this cream doesn't seem to bother me. I will continue to repurchase again and again!

on 4/15/2012 11:58:00 AM

Okay... First, I have to say that my dad is the one who got me on this stuff. He's anti lotion lol I tried it when I was pregnant (3 years ago) & couldn't take the smell. Seriously, even to be around them if they'd used it in the last day made me ssooo sick.
Now, though, I don't mind the smell... I've actually learned to like it. I like the tub, but I do always use it right after washing my face or a shower, so I have clean hands.
It's really thick, & I think someone else said a little goes a long way - true!
I've been fighting oily skin for 3 years (coincidence? nope - hormones did it) & have as a result had some acne problems. I never had oily skin or acne as a teenager, so I've been floating around lost. (I'm 26)
Finally, I got sick of 3 step programs that don't work, & went back to Dove & bought a pack of this. WOOHOO!!
Now I don't touch any other soap but Dove beauty bar (white), then I use this lotion all over, from head to toe. It has reduced my makeup to pressed powder (once a day!!!!) & mascara, every day!
I made the mistake of trying another moisturizer on my face, & my face went crazy on me. It took two weeks, but now I don't have to wear concealer again.
TRY this, at least!

I really like this moisturizer. It isnít too thick and doesnít make my face too greasy like other creams. I use this especially during the evening before I go to bed. It doesnít have SPF so I donít use it during the day time. I have personally seen an improvement in my skin. I donít have as many break outs and acne scars from a few years ago have diminished in appearance quite a lot. I'm not bothered by the packaging as much as some other reviewers are. Using a clean finger, I swab a pea size amount and apply it all over my face, chin, and forehead. I would recommend this moisturizer for its quality and price.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I purchased a two-pack of these for under 4 dollars at Dollar General. I actually like this product. It makes my skin really soft but I think it may be the cause of a minor pimple or two.

I just looked this product up on EWG.org and this product appears to be extremely unhealthy, please read.

I'll probably continue to use this though as I'm not made of money and don't want to throw it out.

on 2/11/2012 11:20:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this moisturizer! I use it on my face 1x per day and it makes it smooth, gives it a nice glow and most of all, keeps my acne at bay! I still cannot believe a $2 lotion can do such wonders. HG product for me!

on 10/22/2011 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bought this originally as a hand lotion. Came in a two pack and it said it could be used on the hands, face, and body. After feeling the light, non-greasy texture I decided to try it on my face. It's only been three days but I'm hooked!
I have oily/acne prone skin but even with the mineral oil does not break me out or cause excess oil. I'm also a proactiv user and it helps to soothe the dry patches that come along with that. I've been a FTE vitamin E gel user on my face for years. But the 3 days of using this I already see an improvement in my skin texture around my eyes and mouth "laugh lines." Goodbye Oil of Olay!
I don't like putting my hands into the tub so I use a small clean spoon. I will forever continue to use this! Love it!

Popular Moisturizers