December 18, 2014 | 1640 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - All Pigment Powders

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2007 12:27:00 AM More reviews by marygirlpr

I LOVE MAC PIGMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ALL my friends ask to me where I buy it because they like it. Long lasting, last more than 12 hours!!! Is the only eye makeup that last hours and hours. VERY RECOMMENDED!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 3:52:00 PM More reviews by doloresalvarez

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

greatest product created ever! super shimmery and lasts many hours. legendary product :D

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2007 4:41:00 PM More reviews by iluvmac

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

MAC pigments are great. If possible, try colors before you buy them. Some new colors look & sound cool but don't look so hot on. There were colors I thought I would get for sure until I sampled them. Some go on nicer than others & some look better with certain skin & eye colors. I wish there were a sifter in the container. Be careful when you use this product so you don't end up accidentally dumping it all over the counter. And, no, I have not done so yet myself but I could see it happening. I have very curious cats, so I pay attention to my cats' whereabouts when I use my pigments. I usually use a clean finger to pat or smooth pigment onto my eyelids. I use a clean finger to gently obtain product from the inside edge of the container or gently dip my finger or an eyeshadow brush on the plastic inside cap to apply product as well. It is EASY to get way too much pigment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2007 11:40:00 AM More reviews by fetishdolly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are like crack to me. I am in love with these, when I use a mixing medium these pigments turn into pigmented glue! They won't come off, and they wear wonderfully from morning throughout the night. I just tend to buy the neutral colors, so I can use them everyday. I highly recomend these, and I plan on buying more. The only con is I wish they had a shifter, so I could regulate the amount that I use.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2007 7:54:00 PM More reviews by queenofdisaster

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have about 40-50 samples that I have gotten through various swaps, eBay and other online communities. I think that pigments by far are the best multi-purpose product I have EVER used. I especially love them as eyeshadow. I have occasionally mixed them with lipgloss, used some as blush and also as highlighter. The staying power when used as eyeshadow is great when using a base such as UDPP. I think I will forever use and repurchase pigment samples, although I have never purchased a full size. I think the full sizes are expensive and unnecessary for me, because I get tired of colors and would never use it all up.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/18/2007 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Pbbunnie

I love pigment powders, they give you more room to explore with brush and what not... I love being able to get different colors from one pigment just by applying it differently. Or even making new colors, i love fuisha and tony & tina's cosmic lights charismatic, looks awesome. I am still new to using these but the staying power is good but not great (consider the expenses, maybe when i get better at it i won't have that problem), and a lot of it is wasted from it falling off the brush or how dusty they get just from opening them (even though i'm REAL careful), and if you drop it, consider it pretty much gone and go buy a new one. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2007 1:33:00 PM More reviews by brookecouture

Hello! I just got to try the Golden Olive Pigment off of a friend and let's just say that I AM IN LOVE. The pigment jars are kind of big and she said they last forever, that you really couldn't possibly use all of one, so I went online and bought 9 sample colors of Golden Olive, Dark Soul, Sunnydaze, Coppersparkle, Steel Blue, Softwash Grey, Sunpepper, Naked, and Chocolate Brown. I figure if I love one enough then I can buy a full size. I then went to MAC online live chat and a rep recommended the eyeliner "Rosemary & Thyme" for the Golden Olive Pigment and "Earthline" for the Sunnydaze. She said they are gorgeous. Can't wait to try! I also got blending brush 219 and the brush cleaner since I have so many different pigments to try out ;)

I love how you can make the colors of these pigments subtle or make them stand out or become a liner. Great shades and long lasting.

Does anyone else have great color recommendations for me to try out? Post here or feel free to message me!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2007 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Isolinde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After hearing all the hype on this site for these, I had to go out and buy myself some pigments.

I went a little overboard on my first buy, with two full jars (nightlight and golder's green) and a holiday 2006 set (warms), but I bought at my local CCO so it was dirt cheap. I think that these are going to last me forever, so unless I get more colors, I don't see myself having to buy more. Of course, I marked it as a repurchase anyway, because if something were to happen to them, I would.

All of the colors I got work well for me, and they're very easy to apply. It is pretty easy to over-apply and end up looking ridiculous, though, so caution is recommended. Blending is easier than with traditional eyeshadow, and the colors are more vibrant if applied properly. I do agree with other posters who have suggested that a sifter jar would be a much better packaging option, and I'm considering buying some other container to put them into.

All in all, I'm not disappointed with my purchase, and will probably buy more pigments in the future. They're not the end-all be-all of shadow, but they're very good for what they are.

EDIT: So... I've pretty much become addicted to these. When I had him help me move my stash a few weeks ago, my husband said, 'so the MAC things are your favorite, right?', and I realized I needed to update my review. I now own... I don't know exactly how many, but more than 20 full sized pigments. All things considered... it's a lot of shadow for not that much cash (I have yet to use even 1/8th of one), the fallout isn't bad, and the color is bright and gorgeous. I'm going to continue buying every color I love as they come out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2007 8:02:00 PM More reviews by nuttycoconut

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are great they go on nice and stay on (no creasing or flaking). the price isn't bad because the tiniest bit goes a long way. I have 10 different colors, I was fortunate enough to get the dress sets mac had this past winter. the colors are gorgeous and i will defintely be buying more of these.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2007 6:09:00 PM More reviews by gruveechik

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Final Edit: frankly, i'm sick of this now. Just toooo much effort to get pigments to work for me. i want something that's quick, easy, beautiful and does the job darn well. What's good: i've finally ended my MAC obsession.Here's my previous edit and review: EDIT: i tried the "dip a sponge applicator and tap off the excess" - and i say - it's the best method! No spilling on my cheeks. Also helps one avoid the metallic look. Thanks for the tip! i've also tried this on top of veluxe pearl shadow mixed with BenNye liquidset = works great. .Here's my previous review: gawh almighty but this is a b*itch to figure out!i've tried various samples, but VIOLET's the one i'm working most with. i've tried the following methods either top of paint or on it's own: dry w/ brush or finger (i HATE how the pigment falls on my face with this method!); mixed with water; mixed with Murine Natural Tears; mixed with BenNye LiquiSet; layered on top of Stars n Rockets eyeshdow. So far mixed with the Murine eyedrops is best even so, it's still bleedin' tricky: 1 layer of wet pigment = brilliant colour and metallic finish. 2 layers makes the blue in this pigment show up more and overly metallic 'bits' that don't really work for me. i get people complimenting my eye shadow, but i'm more interested in my eyes looking great.. not walking around with "hey look at my eyeshadow!" All that being said, i'll try the recommendation to use a good sponge tip applicator and shake the excess off, then apply. Good luck to me! continued >>