September 1, 2014 | 1292 users online

Fragrances - Aquolina - Chocolovers EDT

rated 1 of 5 on 9/10/2008 6:34:00 PM More reviews by xtinemax

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Oh god this smells exactly like tootsie rolls. I smell it and I can almost taste tootsie rolls in my mouth. Be careful when wearing this because you might be labeled a pedophile for trying to attract young children. There is a little bit of spice in the scent but on me the sweet overpowers everything. It's very foody. Normally I love sweet scents but I feel as if chocolovers gave me diabetes.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/8/2008 7:21:00 PM More reviews by Joy2225

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I received a sample of this. To me this reminds me of the scented babydolls I used to have when I was little. It is not a terrible smell but I don't want to smell like a babydoll. It smells like powder with a hint of chocolate on me. No I would not buy this or wear it.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 6:05:00 PM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think this smells *exactly* like chocolate Tootsie Rolls! On my skin, this perfume is a hint of orange along with a whole lot of chocolate and vanilla, and the dry down stage is almost a sweet patchouli/musk. It smells so delicious & edible! It's a very casual scent, so I wouldn't necessarily recommend it for the office or a fancy dinner, but on the weekend it's great for snuggling on the sofa and watching a movie! :-) I don't care if I'm "too old" to wear it.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/23/2008 3:05:00 AM More reviews by Sorceress2

I am the biggest fan of Pink Sugar out there and was beyond psyched when I found out another scent was coming out. I was grossly disappointed upon getting this perfume. Instead of calling it Chocolover's, they should have called it Spicelover's because that is all you smell. It just smells like some sort of pepper to me. I can detect the slightest hint of chocolate but the spice is so overpowering that you almost feel like sneezing. Seriously, I do wonder if they added cayenne pepper to the formula. I definitely would not recommend this product. Aquolina dropped the ball on this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2008 1:01:00 PM More reviews by demonbread

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was bought for me last Christmas, and I really wasn't a fan. To me, it smells slightly... off. Like chocolate with cigarette smoke, or something burning. I didn't smell the supposed orange or hazelnut notes at all, just cocoa and nasty smoke. I gave my bottle away pretty quickly.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/26/2008 2:13:00 AM More reviews by froufyfrancis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the interesting smell of this warm and sensual fragrance. Unlike the name, it doesn't scream a chocolate essence. What you will smell is toasty hazelnuts, and spicy christmas orange. It's being disco'd , so those who really like it.....buy what you see!

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by Nanashimara

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe my nose is off, but I seriously smell absolutely NO chocolate in the dry down. Strangely it smells like very sweet ginger on my skin after a few minutes, reminiscent of Origins Ginger Essence. I don't know why honestly, but I do know this is not for me -- and I'm a chocolover!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/1/2008 11:18:00 AM More reviews by Perfumefan

This totally smelled like milk chocolate, vanilla and musk on me, nothing else. Very linear and not something I'd want to smell like. Great for gourmand lovers though, I suppose. So 3 lippies because it's not a bad scent. Just not for me. :)

rated 2 of 5 on 6/20/2008 7:55:00 PM More reviews by BindiBengal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Well, I guess Aquolina scents are just not for me. I found this perfume the same day I found Pink Sugar, and bought both of them on the spot. They did not have a sample of the Chocolovers, so they let me try a sniff of Gale Hayman's Delicious Chocolate instead, which they said smelled just like the Chocolovers. It was amazing, and I was hooked! After I purchased the two, I left the store and sampled it on my skin. It did not smell like Delicious Chocolate, for the Chocolovers has a bit of a bitter smell, like dark chocolate. And the weirdest thing of all? It totally disappeared on my skin! I've never had that happen to me, but there was no scent at all! I sprayed and smelled, and sprayed and smelled some more, and nope...nothing. Needless to say, I took my bottle back and exchanged it for Delicious Chocolate, which is wonderful on me! The notes used in Chocolovers are Bergamot, Orange, Lemon, Lily of the Valley, Coriander, Hazelnut, Vanilla, Malt, and Musks. It's strange, but I don't see any chocolate notes at all, but it still has a dark chocolate scent. Maybe it's the hazlenut and malt... I won't purchase again, but I gave it two lippies for the adorable packaging. I love the way Aquolina packages their perfumes.:)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2008 9:46:00 PM More reviews by ecart1

I really enjoy this scent. I also wear Thierry Mugler's Angel so I am definitely an oriental-scent person... Chocolovers is not for those who love florals!

The chocolate accents are lovely and on me the orange accents really stand out. I find myself craving chocolate bars when I wear this perfume. If you love chocolate and you can pull off sweeter scent without getting a headache, try this perfume. It is supremely comforting.