September 1, 2014 | 1909 users online

Eyeliner - MAC - Powersurge Eye Kohl

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 8:18:00 PM More reviews by Mandibulo

Wonderful color. Satiny muted dirty gold. Perfect for lining the waterline during daytime as it's not harsh or dramatic and it just adds a bit of classy definition to the eye, and equally perfect for a sophisticated evening look when you don't want to go too dark and close up your eye with black or brown. I can't say enough good things about it - its staying power is amazing, but the color itself is what's so unique and beautiful about this product. Will definitely repurchase.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/30/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Someone at the MAC counter tried this on my lower waterline and just... wow. I went from 'ho hum' to some kind of blue eyed goddess -- sexy as all get out. As I get older darker colors on my lower lids can look a little harsh and close up my eyes. Like others have said, this is absolutely perfect for creating soft, sexy definition to the eyes. I'm about halfway through already and will definitely repurchase.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/20/2010 9:27:00 AM More reviews by hildak

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

Powersurge was a fabulous recommendation to me by an MUA member. I'd posted a request for ideas for my "mother of the bride" appearance, wanting an eyeliner that would add some definition (not looking for drama or glamour). As the MUA-er remarked, a dark liner can look too harsh when you get older (I'm 64), something I hadn't considered before. Nor would I have considered the golden-bronze Powersurge without her recommendation, but it turned out to be perfect for the wedding day. I used it on my upper lids only, and it gave me just the definition I wanted and made my lashes look thicker. I haven't been wearing eyeliner regularly since my cat's-eye college days, but Powersurge has changed that - it will become part of my everyday routine. It's easy to apply and gives a subtle but definite and flattering effect. I would recommend this to anyone who is finding that their dark eyeliner is no longer giving them a look they like.

18 out of 18 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 10:10:00 PM More reviews by nola80

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of the best, next to Smolder, eyeliners out there!! I'm olive skinned and and I use this for my lower waterline since white tends to be so harsh on me! I also use this as a base for my neutrals and the colors just come out so wonderful!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2010 8:40:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After testing different bronze/olive/golden brown liners for my blue eyes, I have discovered that Powersurge provides the best definition for the lower lashline with my fair complexion. It is a golden bronze color with no red or orange undertones, making it the ideal for fair, cool ladies (NW15 here) with light colored eyes. It really makes the blue in my gray eyes "pop," This shade of bronze does not make your eyes look irritated or harsh and orangey, and looks very natural, even though it imparts a subtle shimmer. It applies with no tugging and wears pretty wear, although it always smudges a bit. That can be easily fixed with a pat of concealer.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2010 9:25:00 AM More reviews by olympialetantoli

Powersurge is a Kohl liner from MAC. I love their Kohl liners, easy application, buildable, smooth and easy to smudge. I love to smudge my liners all of time. A golden light bronze shimmery lush colour, perfect for daily wear... I wanted to achieve that Nicole Richie look where her eyes are golden olive under. Since Teddy was too dark for the look I wanted, this is perfect. Sometime I used it in the corner of the eyes to stand out and give my eyes the cat eye look. I really like this colour. Its a staple now and I will repurchase. Easy to smudge and build. Doesn't tug at my eye... safe for the waterline. A must have for a girl who likes a natural look.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/22/2009 9:40:00 AM More reviews by na8i

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I use this as a quick escape when I want to bring attention to my eyes while still looking natural or don't have time to do my whole Lovely Mediterranian Goddess Routine (see my MAC Woodwinked review)... This is bronze yes, but I see olive green highlights in it as well. Gold, brown and olive. Perfectly mirroring my eye color. I use this to line my lower waterline/lashline and it instantly elevates my eyes to "out-of-this-world-beautiful". I must admit using Powersurge is a pleasant little ego-trip... (At a distance my eyes are uninteresting, but using this makes people actually stop dead in their tracks... You know Tina Baltzer in the add for Thierry Mugler Alien? Those eyes, yes!) It's a khol, so it is not waterproof/smudgeproof, but I haven't had any problems to speak of so far.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2009 5:24:00 PM More reviews by kimmybee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great bronze liner for everyday. Darker colors tend to make my small eyes look even smaller, even when not lining the bottom. This color is pretty and enhances my blue eyes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by Nokomi

I love this pencil. It's perfect for days I'm in a hurry and want something a little more than just mascara. It's a light bronze color that is very natural looking even on my NC20 skin, but it gives you a more polished look. I'm so glad I found this little gem! I pair it with a light beige shimmery shadow and it's one of my new favorite looks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2009 10:05:00 PM More reviews by mecepeda

Love this color!! Don't be fooled by the color on the end of the pencil itself (it looks more gold than the soft bronze that it actually is), which almost led me to limit my use of this pencil to evenings out. This is a gorgeous, very subtle liner for anytime wear. I like to pair it with brown shadows of all shades, or with gold metallics for an evening look. The texture is lovely and easy to smudge, yet doesn't migrate or fade in the course of the day. The loveliest, most wearable metallic liner I have ever used, without question.