Bourjois Pastel Lumiere

MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), TALC, PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77000 (ALUMINUM POWDER), BENTONITE, MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CALCIUM SODIUM BOROSILICATE, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, CI 75470 (CARMINE), METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CI 77510 (FERRIC FERROCYANIDE), CALCIUM ALUMINUM BOROSILICATE, SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77400 (COPPER POWDER), CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, TIN OXIDE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, BHT, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of May 12, 2010

on 7/29/2005 7:32:00 PM

I really should have known better with my super sensitive peepers! I bought a gorgeous vibrant leafy-green shade! Irritated the heck out of me though! Ouch - talk about itching and stinging! Boy! Would definitely recommend to those who have non-sensitive eyes though! There are certainly some beautiful shades to experiment with and they are not too expensive here in the UK, at least! And look like they'd last a long time! The packaging is really cute too - I believe the it has been the same since these were first on sale over 50 years ago!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have this in "Mauve Seduisant 37". It's just an average eyeshadow. I don't notice anything special about this. The color is an average lavender shade and the lasting power is average. For the price, they are not worth it.

on 7/2/2005 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Looove these. The shimmer looks so pretty in sunlight. good texture, color, etc.

on 6/15/2005 1:43:00 PM

I bought this in the violet shade and I wore it for the first time today. Yes, that's "wore" as in past tense. It went on super sheer and I absolutely loved the way it looked. I applied at around 9 am and 3 hours later I looked in the mirror - it had completely disappeared! I'm giving this an average rating. I love the color, price, and packaging...but I need more staying power. I'm willing to give it another try in a few months when the weathr cools down and my face isn't so oily.

Sheer, shimmery, gorgeous. This comes in pastels (a must for every wannabe stepford wife lookalike) and is subtle, not scratchy. I love it, though probably only because it suits my fair skin to a tee.

on 3/1/2005 9:30:00 PM

I quite like the quality of these eyeshadows. I agree the packaging is kind of weird - it makes the product appear cheap, but it's not that at all. I guess you could look at it that you're not forking over money for expensive packaging like in other brands - which is why this high end makeup brand is so much cheaper than other high end brands.
Back to the eyeshadow! I have this in the Violet one - it's looks wonderful applied wet or dry. The colour is a beautiful spring violet & the shadow glides nicely on the lids, no mess, & it stays put for hours of wear.Velvety soft - wonderful pigmentation, a great buy all around! Am looking to try other colours in this line.

on 1/8/2005 7:40:00 PM

A few years ago I bought 2 shades and I got one from somebody else.I think there are great colours available in this line.
The weird thing is that one goes on smoothly at two others don't.The one that goes on well is also the most beautiful one.A light colour with a green pearl shine.A great colour for in the summer when you are tanned.The darkest one is dark grey with silver paillettes.It doesn't blend well and the silver glitters are all over my face if I put it on.I will not use that one anymore.The green colour that someone gave to me (she didn't want to use it anymore) is given away by me to the little girl nextdoor and so will be the dark shade.
I will not repurchase because I don't buy any make up anymore that might be tested on animals. I also think it is too expensive for the quality.

on 12/2/2004 8:54:00 AM

I have the seagreen/bleu color. I love it! You can use it for a long time, cause there is enough in it. The color is very intense to, so you dont need a lot of it.

I love it!

on 11/18/2004 10:15:00 PM

The colour I chose looks brown (sorry, can't remember the name) and rather unassuming in the pot. The moment you put some on and the light hits it, you can see a shimmery hint of green. I love it! Sometimes I layer it on top of another brown shadow to give some dimension, other times I dust a little green over it (or line under it) to bring out the green.

I bought it on a whim while in Paris for about 9 euros and never looked back. I would buy it again if I ever ran out, or if I lost it. The domed shape of the shadow is odd, I don't use their applicator either coz I find using a brush gives control for a much better finish.

on 10/26/2004 3:22:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Not too expensive and therefore not too good. It's an okay shadow but not more than that. I have it a.o. in Beige Rose 08 and that colour is great.

Top Rated Bourjois Products