December 21, 2014 | 1837 users online

Foundations - Chanel - Pro Lumiere Professional Finish Make-Up ] [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2011 2:38:00 AM More reviews by showSTOPPER

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love it! Rediscovered recently, and can't imagine why I stopped using it. Think I thought it broke me out, but that was when I was going through an acne phase, and now I realise it had nothing to do with this foundation at all. Yay :)
Bad news, can't believe its being discontinued, love it way more than vitalumiere which I thought was terrible. I wear 20 clair and I wear MAC MSF Natural in Medium (or I did, not anymore) (I only use NC 15 studio finish concealer on spots to reduce redness so I don't actually know what I am in MAC foundations) and over the top of this foundation I use Lancome's mineral foundation powder which is fabulous - in Ivory 20 which goes really nicely with the pro lumiere.
However, I am (guessing) I'm a NC 15-20 really, but my neck is more 20-25 so I use clair (or 20 - its the second lightest shade after limpide/nude) to even myself up. If you are NC15 or lighter you will definitely be the lightest shade. I have used limpide/10 but it just made me look a bit sick, clair, even though its not my actual facial shade, looks really lovely and natural, and if I feel its too dark I mix it with a much paler foundation (or Lush's Jackie Oats facial tint). I've had heaps of compliments on how good my skin is, and this works really well over concealer if you have any spots/scars to cover up (best concealer ever for that is MAC's studio finish - as mentioned earlier). Then put a light dusting of powder - I use MAC's 150 powder brush and the Lancome powder. Funnily, compared to what other reviewers have said, used this way it lasts me a good 10 hours (when I've been at work all day) without any touching up and without primer. So I guess everyone's different.
I'd stay away from this if you are oily, but combination skin should be fine :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:08:00 AM More reviews by rhalls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

sadly this product is being dis-continued, almost straight away after i discovered how much i love this foundation!
previously owned vitalumiere, but found that it did not offer me enough coverage at all. i have reasonably good skin, but would rather not have to put on a lot of concealer on areas which should have been sorted by my foundation!
pro lumiere definitely offers more coverage, but i would still only call this a medium coverage foundation. it gives a gorgeous luminous finish, therefore you do have to powder your t zone, and it does give me a wonderful glow which i always look for in a foundation!
pro lumiere is also very moisturing which i love.
however, (i hate to write bad things about a product which i thought i would really really love...) you must keep a powder with you if you intend on wearing this foundation out at night as it does look shiny (not glowy) after a couple of hours, especially if you are out dancing or in a hot place. the staying power is also not fantastic...
this foundation is perfect for evenings (as it really is too heavy for daytime wear in my opinion) but perhaps not best if you are going to be sweating. would be perfect for a meal out or just a few drinks with friends!
i find this foundation is best applied with a MAC stippling brush in a buffing motion, as a flat foundation brush tends to streak on my face. i would also recommend that you leave your moisturiser to sink in fully before applying this foundation.
overall, i do like this foundation and it is my current go-to for evenings out, but i am so excited to see what chanel bring out to replace this foundation!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/3/2011 2:35:00 AM More reviews by pinkjade16

As much as I love the products by chanel such as the shadows, cream bronzer, etcc,all their foundations are not on my list! I've tried the prolumiere, Vita aqua, matte lumiere and disliked all. If you have yellow based undertones like myself, chanel foundations might not match you because they're kinda on the pinkier/neutral side. But the reason that I rate this foundation low is because it totally broke me out! Now I do not have acne prone skin, i rarely get pimples, but this stuff immediately broke me out in white heads and red marks the next day! Returned it within a week. Not a happy camper :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 6:49:00 PM More reviews by panda78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Okay, so I gave into another foundation and I am so glad I did this time. I love love love this one. My skin looks healthy and dewy (not oil slicked) but glowing and lovely. People have commented on how good my skin looks. Right on! The only problem is the colour selection- they are limited and I have found this with most Chanel foundations. It can be hit or miss. I like to use this with my fingers to get a natural look. If my skin is looking haggard, then I use a brush for of an air brushed look

rated 3 of 5 on 3/29/2011 2:43:00 PM More reviews by lorraine07

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the finish of this Pro Lumiere. I apply a face primer on first (Laura Mercier) then apply the foundation. I have a normal skin type so it looks dewy on my skin. I have to add a bit of setting powder on my T-zone so Im not so shiny.
I took 2 lipsticks cuz:
1) Too expensive
2) Does not stay all day.

Otherwise, it is good for 3-4 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/25/2011 6:59:00 PM More reviews by gillian2309

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Bloody great foundation. Best yet for me, i have tried MAC, Clinique, Estee Lauder etc this beats them all. When applied with a brush the coverage is flawless and gives a perfect photo ready finish. Wouldnt recommend this to people who want a medium to full coverage or those that have very oily or very dry skin. I have a bit of both and this works wonders. I was up this morning at half 6 and it has stayed put until I took it off for bed at 10pm AND didnt need any powder. Best used on normal/oily, normal/dry, relatively blemish free skin otherwise you are wasting your money. Took 1 lipstick off because it was so expensive (£31.66 in UK) :( Otherwise, great product and would purchase again!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by jessical5183

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Hmmm, I feel I need to be careful reviewing this because it's quite a fickle product, depending on who uses it. Let me start off by saying I have tried TONS of foundations. Tons. I've always been disappointed in foundations for some reason or another. It seems to be the most difficult part of any woman's makeup routine to get figured out. I had never previously tried any of Chanel's products (soooo expensive), but I finally decided to venture over to their counter recently and let the saleswoman try this stuff out on me. If something works, I'll fork over the cash for it. But I'm hard to please and very discerning about what I throw my money at. I'd been using gloMinerals foundation, but hated it, and needed to change up my routine.

I noticed immediately that it has quite a perfumed smell to it, which may bother some people, but not me. I don't care if something smells to the high heavens (good or bad), as long as it works. I felt like it applied softly and gently. It was quite sticky at first, as it took about 3-5 minutes to really settle into my skin and solidify. But once it had, I was absolutely amazed at the results. My skin felt like satin. The coverage, for me, was medium-full. My skin is weird - it fairs quite dry in the beginning of the day, and then becomes very oily as the hours pass. Yes I have oily skin, but it's not oily 24/7. This foundation went onto it very well and felt divine. It was incredibly refreshing. It felt like it soothed my skin for a moment before settling, and then turned into a second skin. It matched perfectly with my skin tone and didn't look as though I was wearing any foundation. I knew instantly why so many people love it, and I decided to purchase a bottle (my color is 10-Nude).

I wouldn't call it my HG foundation, hence the 4 rating I'm giving it, but it serves as a great light & vibrant addition to my makeup collection. I think of it as many women might look at their tinted moisturizers - great for when you don't want to look cakey or have a lot of thick coverage. I like to apply it with a MAC 109 brush. When I first apply it, even though it comes out of the pump as a rather runny liquid, it actually goes on the face quick sticky. It's VERY buildable, so I honestly can't see why anyone would be complaining about the coverage unless they're just very impatient or they might not be using the right tools to apply. I find even over a moisturizer, I need to work fast with it and buff it a good bit so that I get an even application. And without a setting powder (for my skin at least), it looks quite undone and shiny. Some of you may like that! I've been applying my Vichy Dermablend setting powder over it and that's when it really goes from "nice" to "WOW". A great finely-milled translucent setting powder with this foundation works wonders and will give you that Hollywood red carpet look. You don't ever want to apply a colored powder or anything too thick over this, or it will ruin the qualities and the high-end ingredients of the foundation, which is meant to be the star.

Anyway, for me it's not absolutely astonishingly perfect (I'm very picky), but the fact that I even kept it is saying something. If I didn't like it compared to everything else I'd tried, I definitely would've returned it to get my money back. It's not cheap, but it's very dependable for me when I want to look fresh and elegant and I'm glad I have it. It has never broken my acne-prone skin out, and the thing I love most about it is that it breaths and feels weightless on my face. Ahhhhhh. Definitely recommend. I would buy this over any of the Make Up For Ever foundations in a heartbeat.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/23/2011 9:47:00 PM More reviews by MakeupLover219

First off, I would like to say I am in love with this foundation. I blends onto my skin so easily and sinks in like no other, it gives the most healthy and beautiful glow without look oily . Before you buy this i would recommend goin to a chanel counter or sephora and asking for a sample to see if you like it first , because this foundation is verrrrrrrrrrrrrrry expensive. The only things I could change about this foundation are the price and the staying power . This foundation last only about 4-6 hours for me 5-7 with a primer. Overall this gives amazing coverage , beautiful shine, and unbelivable blendability. The only downsides are the cost and staying power. Hope this helps

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by MakeUpNewbie2010

I recently purchased this foundation, and OMG, I think I might find my HG foundation!!! I read a lot of reviews and watched a lot of videos on YouTube about this foundation prior to my purchase. Knowing many people complaint about the low lasting power and oily/greasy, emphasizing blemishes, I don't have too much expectations. Regardless all these problems, people generally don't deny the great look when first put on and when photo shoots. Since I make videos on YouTube, please check out my channel http://www.youtube.com/user/TheMatteMe, I figure to give it a try anyway.

For your reference, I have dry/oily combo skin in the winter, and normal/oily, can be more on oily side, in the summer. After the SA put this on me, I first thought it looked too heavy/made up, once it settled however, it matched my shade so PERFECTLY, I am NC25 in MAC. I was so pleased with the finish!!! I didn't put a setting powder just wanted to see how long it will last. So it was put on around 1pm, at 10pm, I still looked so great! This glowy look is just AMAZING! It's actually kind of drying/mattifying to me, my oily T-zone stays put all these 9 hours! I am so lucky it reacts to my skin this way!

Application is so easy and one pump covers the whole face, coverage is full, all blemishes can be pretty well covered or toned down. It looks so natural! it's probably the best color match I have with all the foundations I've tried, and I've tried many foundations. You can see my Youtube video on liquid foundation collections. BTW, my color match is 20 Claire. Nude actually matched me also, but summer is coming so I went a shade darker, and this is perfect. This foundation color runs darker.

Please try it out anyway, don't be discouraged about what other people's experience with it. Everyone is different! I am so so so pleased with it. It's like EL double wear + the most beautiful glow! Again, it's rather mattifying, drying, staying put than oily greasy sliding off....at least to me!

GOOD LUCK and at least give yourself and the foundation a chance!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2011 3:34:00 PM More reviews by alicelouise

Bought this foundation after wanting to buy it for ages. I was apprehensive at first but i really do adore this foundation. My skin is normal, but i am prone to redness. £33 was a lot for this foundation, but after a week of owning and using it i do not want to buy another. The foundation feels beautiful on the skin, and has a quite chemical smell, which some may not like, but i kind of like the smell as it is distinctive. I am fair and i use the lightest shade but, it does give me a beautiful glow. I apply this foundation with my Elf powder brush (which is only £3.50) after applying an anti redness primer. the foundation is in my opinion absolutely gorgeous, it covers everything, and makes my skin look beautiful and glowy and gives the right amount of dewiness where i want it. As it is semi-matte and semi-dewy it gives me the finish i desire.
obviously it's something you will have to try before buying it as it is very pricey.
but a small amount goes a long way and i will probably be wearing this foundation for many years to come.
i put this foundation on in the morning and it lasts all day, which is great for me as i hate the horrible tacky face makeup look you get after a long day.
definitely love this product.