July 31, 2014 | 1892 users online

Crème - MAC - Full Coverage Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 11/12/2012 1:04:00 AM More reviews by tobermory12

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This foundation is indeed full-coverage, following in the same tradition as a pancake or a stage grease paint, only with a much nicer formulation. I do have combination skin and I do use this product every day in the winter. The trick to application, as many have noted here, is to use a slightly-dampened wedge sponge and a light hand to dab and blend the product. I use this foundation mostly in the centre of my face to cover dark circles and redness, and blend with sponge to get a natural look. I have used this product to cover the multi-colored tattoo on my arm for a wedding. The results were okay, but that is due to me needing more shades of foundation and more time than i had. As with all cream/panstick/greasepaint type makeups, you have to set with powder. Will repurchase, but won't need to for awhile since a little goes a long way with this product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM More reviews by BCbabe

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I've been curious about this foundation for quite a while now but it took Wayne Goss (makeup artist) to push me over the edge, and I'm quite glad he did. I really like how even my skin looks with this, when set with a neutral translucent powder. My skin is normal/combo and seems to tolerate it surprisingly well. It does need a little re-powdering half way through the day (depending on how warm or humid it gets). At first I was at a bit of a loss as to how to apply this. It's quite hard to the touch and not very smooth and creamy, so I'll either use a damp beauty blender type sponge (I use the MAC one) or I'll use a foundation brush first and then blend with the damp sponge, which really helps with the finish. If you're not enthused about the finish with a brush, DO try it with a sponge. It's also rather weird, given all the laments about MAC foundations breaking people out, that this does not exacerbate a minor rash that I've had for years on either side of my nose. In fact, the rash seems to shrink or almost disappear when I wear this. Strange, but I won't complain. I'm still experimenting a little with this but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 10/1/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by paniz1372

I used it for about 2-3 years. It gave me acne. It also gave acne to my friends when they bought this product. It is too heavy. it showed lines on my face. Even though I was 15 it made my skin look like a 40 year old's skin. Also, it would always transfer to my shirts.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by gvmullins

This is the same product as their studio finish concealer, only without spf. So, treat it as such. I happen to LOVE it. I'm saving a ton of money by buying this - its HUGE and only like $10 more expensive than that tiny little pot you get with the concealer. I use it mostly as a concealer, but times I want a heavier look (stage, dark lighting) I use it more generously. It's heavy, it's full coverage, and it's not messing around. Amazing product. Use it properly, or you'll probably end up writing a bad review which I think is the case with most of these reviews here. Ask a consultant!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/14/2012 12:57:00 AM More reviews by tinkerrbelle

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

It is so hard getting pale enough base shades to suit very fair skin. This comes in a really pale shade W10 which is good for fair skin. As a foundation I find this pricey and very, very thick coverage. But if blended very, very well it makes a good concealer and the compact lasts much longer than a regular sized concealer. I find I go through concealers so fast! They only annoying thing is they have made this product hard to source by only putting it in Pro stores. *sniff* They've made it too much effort to get hold of!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/13/2012 7:47:00 PM More reviews by ellesbelles79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am compelled to write a review about this product.
I also saw it reviewed by Wayne Goss on YouTube (he's a genius), and as I value his advice (he's generally right), I bought several pale shades from my local pro store. Since that day haven't used ANY other of the TENS of foundations I own (including many airbrush), it's proved to be that good..
Applied with a good damp sponge (beauty blender or MAC All blending) it glides on evenly and not at all heavily (and quickly) with a beautiful HD finish. My skin doesn't take most foundations well around the mouth, nose or chin, they so often look fake and don't 'sit' nicely. This stuff is effortless in all those areas. Not only that, I haven't used ANY concealer at all since using it. I am really quite pale and my under eye and eye lid areas need quite a bit of coverage to stop my veins showing through - not any more! A quick swipe of this stuff and blend with sponge and it's sorted. It needs very few touch ups throughout the day - and in summer I don't wear any powder. Superb at covering red discolouration on chin. I have a tendency towards dryness (especially on upper lip) but I find this adds lots of moisture and my skin has never behaved so well in that department.
Not to mention the fantastic value, particularly when purchased with the pro discount. I didn't like the results when using a foundation brush, so I can only suggest everyone PLEASE tries the damp sponge method. You won't go back. Best foundation I've ever bought.

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by stillhot

I think that the reason this product has a relatively low rating is that it is commonly used incorrectly. The makeup itself gives great coverage, is long lasting and comes in a wide array of colors. The problem, I believe, is that many use it as a typical foundation which it is not. It's main purpose is for photography (hence found in the pro-only stores).

I use it often as a concealer or to lighten up areas of the face that I intend to highlight. When I am using it as a foundation, I never use just one color. I usually use two or three to give the face dimension. Depending on the skin type, I will often mix the foundation with a bit of moisturizer or primer. That takes care of the dryness that some complained about. It works well as a light base under sb airbrush foundation.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/2/2012 8:26:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

OK, this is "the" full coverage makeup which all others will be compared to. It really does set the standard in Full Coverage. It's color range is vast and it wears just short of "transfer resistant", but it's finish is far more sophisticated than ANY transfer resistant base out there, period! A professional product which the average consumer can get their hands on. You may not want to wear this as an everyday base, but it has it's place. In the evening and in soft lighting when one is very fashionably dressed this may just be the only game in town. It's amazing for photography as well. Most Highly Recommended!!!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2012 9:49:00 AM More reviews by GimmeMoreMakeup

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love MAC and I love this foundation!! I haven't come across a foundation that gives coverage like this does before. You can only buy it at Pro Stores though. I have dry skin but once I've moistuised very well this foundation goes on really really well. I use a primer aswell to fill in the pores on my skin and I set it with mac studio fix power (I like FULL coverage). It covers well and stays on all day and isn't drying on my skin. I think it's well worth €31.50 because you get a lot of product and don't need a huge amount. You can even use it as a concealer. I wish this came with a sponge for application and a mirror in the compact but other than than I'm happy with this product, would recommend it and will definately be purchasing it again!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/12/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by kofykat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Unfortunately this is discontinues in my country. I work in the entertainment field and I constantly use this for shoots. only drawback is that it doesn't hold up under the sun (i live in india) but apart from that. it is brilliant. covers up even tattoos and wounds beautifully,