MAC Full Coverage Foundation

3.8

Octyldodecanol, Synthetic Beeswax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Silica, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Polybutene, Alumina, Stearic Acid. May contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ultramarines.

on 2/1/2013 3:35:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This product is thick, and can go on cakey. I find that a flat foundation brush does the trick. I wet my brush with fix + and I start with light strokes and work my way to fuller coverage on areas that need it. I have combination skin and this foundation stays on my face all day (I use a primer underneath it). I prefer to wear it in the winter months and I wouldn't recommend it in summer.

on 1/17/2013 12:43:00 AM

i want to love this soooo bad! im thinking it might work better in the summer. i bought this because i looove studio tech and this has almost three times the product for the same price. and since it's pro i figured it'd be nice. well, it's drying and so it settles in patches around my face. ugh. I've found that if i mix it with moisturizer it helps but then it makes it more shiny and takes away the matte finish. boo! it would be a great concealer like everyone else says. really a disappointment. FYI my skin is not typically dry. it's not oily either it's pretty normal.
UPDATE: my skin mustve been dry for some other reason when i first tried this. ive been using it again and i LOVE it. im so glad i retried this. it is actually super blendable! i would still recommend using moisturizer with this, and if your skin is super dry, im not going to say don't use this, but be careful. use sparingly on dry areas. i added a lippie for this update :)

on 1/2/2013 11:22:00 AM

This foundation was a huge let down for me as this stuff is so thick, unblendable, and unforgiving. No matter what moisturizer, primer, and application techniques (fingers, sponges, brushes) I tried this always resulted in a hot and cakey mess. Way better full coverage foundations available on the market and this has already gone into my Back 2 MAC pile.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bough this expecting to use it was a foundation and didn't love it; it settled in the creases of my eyelids and in my chin dimple meaning by the end of the day I'd be as cakey as anything. So I abandoned it. Then about three months later I ran out of my Studio Sculpt concealer and so used this as s stop-gap til I could get to MAC; oh my god, this mightn't be a great foundation but it's a fantastic concealer, especailly if you've got oily skin or acne scarring.
Plus, being a foundation it literally lasts forever, as you only need a small amount of it to cover blemishes. Would definitely buy again to use as a concealer.

on 11/12/2012 1:04:00 AM

This foundation is indeed full-coverage, following in the same tradition as a pancake or a stage grease paint, only with a much nicer formulation. I do have combination skin and I do use this product every day in the winter. The trick to application, as many have noted here, is to use a slightly-dampened wedge sponge and a light hand to dab and blend the product. I use this foundation mostly in the centre of my face to cover dark circles and redness, and blend with sponge to get a natural look. I have used this product to cover the multi-colored tattoo on my arm for a wedding. The results were okay, but that is due to me needing more shades of foundation and more time than i had. As with all cream/panstick/greasepaint type makeups, you have to set with powder. Will repurchase, but won't need to for awhile since a little goes a long way with this product.

on 11/4/2012 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I've been curious about this foundation for quite a while now but it took Wayne Goss (makeup artist) to push me over the edge, and I'm quite glad he did. I really like how even my skin looks with this, when set with a neutral translucent powder. My skin is normal/combo and seems to tolerate it surprisingly well. It does need a little re-powdering half way through the day (depending on how warm or humid it gets). At first I was at a bit of a loss as to how to apply this. It's quite hard to the touch and not very smooth and creamy, so I'll either use a damp beauty blender type sponge (I use the MAC one) or I'll use a foundation brush first and then blend with the damp sponge, which really helps with the finish. If you're not enthused about the finish with a brush, DO try it with a sponge. It's also rather weird, given all the laments about MAC foundations breaking people out, that this does not exacerbate a minor rash that I've had for years on either side of my nose. In fact, the rash seems to shrink or almost disappear when I wear this. Strange, but I won't complain. I'm still experimenting a little with this but so far it's definitely a keeper for me.

on 10/1/2012 8:35:00 PM

I used it for about 2-3 years. It gave me acne. It also gave acne to my friends when they bought this product. It is too heavy. it showed lines on my face. Even though I was 15 it made my skin look like a 40 year old's skin. Also, it would always transfer to my shirts.

on 9/27/2012 2:51:00 PM

This is the same product as their studio finish concealer, only without spf. So, treat it as such. I happen to LOVE it. I'm saving a ton of money by buying this - its HUGE and only like $10 more expensive than that tiny little pot you get with the concealer. I use it mostly as a concealer, but times I want a heavier look (stage, dark lighting) I use it more generously. It's heavy, it's full coverage, and it's not messing around. Amazing product. Use it properly, or you'll probably end up writing a bad review which I think is the case with most of these reviews here. Ask a consultant!

on 8/14/2012 12:57:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

It is so hard getting pale enough base shades to suit very fair skin. This comes in a really pale shade W10 which is good for fair skin. As a foundation I find this pricey and very, very thick coverage. But if blended very, very well it makes a good concealer and the compact lasts much longer than a regular sized concealer. I find I go through concealers so fast! They only annoying thing is they have made this product hard to source by only putting it in Pro stores. *sniff* They've made it too much effort to get hold of!

I am compelled to write a review about this product.
I also saw it reviewed by Wayne Goss on YouTube (he's a genius), and as I value his advice (he's generally right), I bought several pale shades from my local pro store. Since that day haven't used ANY other of the TENS of foundations I own (including many airbrush), it's proved to be that good..
Applied with a good damp sponge (beauty blender or MAC All blending) it glides on evenly and not at all heavily (and quickly) with a beautiful HD finish. My skin doesn't take most foundations well around the mouth, nose or chin, they so often look fake and don't 'sit' nicely. This stuff is effortless in all those areas. Not only that, I haven't used ANY concealer at all since using it. I am really quite pale and my under eye and eye lid areas need quite a bit of coverage to stop my veins showing through - not any more! A quick swipe of this stuff and blend with sponge and it's sorted. It needs very few touch ups throughout the day - and in summer I don't wear any powder. Superb at covering red discolouration on chin. I have a tendency towards dryness (especially on upper lip) but I find this adds lots of moisture and my skin has never behaved so well in that department.
Not to mention the fantastic value, particularly when purchased with the pro discount. I didn't like the results when using a foundation brush, so I can only suggest everyone PLEASE tries the damp sponge method. You won't go back. Best foundation I've ever bought.

Popular Crème Foundations