December 20, 2014 | 1212 users online

Sunscreen - Neutrogena - Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock SPF 55

rated 1 of 5 on 4/2/2012 10:08:00 AM More reviews by gingercurls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I decided to try this product about a month ago. I like the matte-finish that this sunscreen gives, but it broke me out and gave me horrible clogs along my hair line. I really wanted to like this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2012 11:52:00 PM More reviews by izyana

Unsuitable for my skin type which is sensitive. I got red marks that looked like rash around my eye area which took several weeks to clear. My eye area was very dry after using this product. I definitely do not recommend this to those who have sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/14/2012 11:20:00 AM More reviews by bernsie

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The main reason I like this sunscreen is it's "Helioplex" formulation. This is the best kind of sunsreen (except La Roche-Posey "Anthelios.") available because: It maintains it's screening of the "A" rays which are more damaging than the "B" rays. The "A: rays penetrate the skin more deeply and cause long term damage (even cancers) that doesn't show up right away, such as a burn ("B" Rays.) The damage shows up years sometimes decades after exposure. We've heard the term "broadspectrum" which is suppose to mean sreening against both ray types although their "A" ray potection fades and does so rapidly, unlike their "B" Ray protection. I think it has a relatively light feel to it (for facial use) a dryish sort of touch, but, it certainly is not the driest/least oily sunsreen I've ever used. I don't care because it is a superior sunscreen to those which are alcohol based and hence very dry as they contain no emmolients whatsoever. Neutrogena uses Silica to give this more of a dry touch within the emmolient formula. I'm not sure "Helioplex" and the superior "A" Ray sceening you get from it can be used within a non-emolient base. There's another way of going which you may like better for facial use: Neutrogena's "Ultra Sheer Liquid" daily sunblock 1.4 ounces, SPF 70. This comes in a much smaller bottle and you literally use dops of this for facial skin. This maybe applied to bare skin and follow with your serum, moisturizer and then makeup.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2012 9:16:00 PM More reviews by AntiqueGlitter

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have combination skin that tends to be more oily during the summer (I tried this sunblock during the summer), so I was looking for a sunblock with relatively high SPF that was oil-free. This sunblock doesn't claim to be oil-free, but it was the "Dry-Touch" phrase that caught my attention.
This sunblock is NOT dry the touch at all! In fact, it made my face extremely oily and shiny, and it felt like a thick layer of goo all over my body (despite its "Ultra Sheer" name).
The only reason why I'm not rating this 1 lippie is because it stayed put in my swimming pool (it's supposed to be waterproof), and it protected my skin. Also, it's supposed to be non-comedogenic (won't clog pores). It didn't clog my pores, but then again, I only used this product a handful of times inconsistently, so I wouldn't know.
But to be honest, I don't think that this is even worth a trip to the drugstore and the $9.49 price tag.
For those of you concerned about the ingredients, I've listed the ingredients below for your convenience.
Would I repurchase? No.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Avobenzone 3%, Homosalate 10%, Octisalate 5%, Octocrylene 2.8%, Oxybenzone 6%
INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Water, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Diethylhexyl 2 6 Naphthalate, VP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Dimethicone, Ethylhexylglycerin, Caprylyl Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Stearate, BHT, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Trideceth 6, Behenyl Alcohol, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Sodium Polyacrylate, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Propylparaben, Ethylparaben, Fragrance

rated 3 of 5 on 12/16/2011 10:08:00 PM More reviews by benzoate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Good sunscreen for the body. But it stings my face and the fragrance is SO strong.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by MissNRI

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried Neutrogena's Ultra Sheer sunscreen (here it is SPF 50+) as the third drugstore sunscreen I've tried lately. I've been looking for a good, matte finish sunscreen that wears well under the (admittedly slightly heavy) foundation I typically wear, with very strong sun protection. I thought this would be it because of its "ultra sheer" and "dry touch" names. It did apply easily and dry quickly, and my makeup applied well over it. However, this one did turn runny by the end of the day which was a disappointment as I really did like it otherwise. I will use up the rest, though, on my body.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2011 9:21:00 PM More reviews by xDevilicious

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

its pretty dry and sheer compared to most other sunscreens, but since my nose is extremely oily, the sunscreen still makes my nose really shiny.
but otherwise, the sunscreen does whats its supposed to do...
good think it doesnt cause breakouts and acne (:

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:56:00 AM More reviews by BeachBaby14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Love this! i live in the south and get hours of direct sunlight every day and this is the only sunscreen that doesn't make me greasy. So glad i found this :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2011 4:24:00 PM More reviews by jskellis

I have EXTREMELY oily skin. no matter what I use, it gets oily within the hour. This is not so with Neutrogena dry touch. It is in fact, horribly the opposite.

It burned a little when I first applied but I stupidly ignored this. But later through the day, while my t-zone still got oily, the rest of my face was so dry and scaly that I was shocked. The dryness emphasized lines I didn't even know I had and made me look years older.

By the time I took it off by the end of the day, I had a red chemical burn on my cheeks near my eyes. and I swear to go a wrinkle I've NEVER EVER seen before emerged under my eyes after using this. It took 4 days of olive oil treatments before my skin got back to normal.

I'm using the CVS version now and it's much better. The drugstore version usually has the exact same chemicals which makes me think that Neutrogena puts a lot of one of the harsher ones in or sold my local CVS an expired bottle. Either way, I will never dare to let this stuff touch my face again.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2011 1:55:00 PM More reviews by olympialetantoli

I bought this because at 27 I'm worrying about skin damage, I have one sunspot which even with makeup is kinda visible. Even thought I have always been safe in terms of sun saftey, SPF 30 when tanning. I used an SPF 50 primer at one time but it was too greasy and my makeup has some protection. I needed more protection obviously. So I'm starting now, I figured SPF 55 would be the sure thing to protect against harmful rays. I saw that it says Dry Touch and it goes on very matte, I use this on my face so far and a little goes a long way. I then use a primer, I love the way it feels not greasiness, no slickness, totally mattifies. I haven't broken out or anything and I've been using it for two weeks. I hate the way it feels on my hands though, they feel dry and craggly. I wanted to use it on my hands. Well I like that the bottle is small enough to tote around, smells okay. I will repurchase if I run out but I doubt I will since I'm using only on my face at the moment. Spent $12 so it wasn't too expensive. Only draw back is that its too dry on my hands & I don't like that feeling, its like I rubbed baby powder on my hands, just has a chalky feeling and that irritates me. Like someone scratching nails down a blackboard. But I will use it on my face for sure.