La Prairie Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

3.4

Water, Cyclomethicone, Octyldodecyl Octyldodecanoate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Polyacrylamide, Dimethicone, Behenyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Algae Extract, Malt Extract, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Lactobacillus Ferment, Polyglucuronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Ulva Lactuca Extract, Glycine, Arginine, Methionine, Caviar Extract, Polysilicone-11, Glyceryl Stearate, Petrolatum, Steareth-2, Butylene Glycol, Saxifraga Sarmentosa Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Fruit Extract, Morus Nigra (Mulberry) Root Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Glycoproteins, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Equisetum Arvense (Horsetail) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract, Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Retinyl Palmitate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Ethoxydiglycol, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Ascophyllum Nodosum (Algae) Extract, Camellia Oleifera Leaf Extract, Xanthan Gum, Disodium EDTA, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Lactic Acid, Laureth-7, Citric Acid, Malic Acid, BHT, Triethanolamine, Phospholipids, Mica, Fragrance, Linalool, Citronellol, Geraniol, Limonene, Eugenol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Salicylate, Farnesol, Citral, Sodium Sulfite, Sodium Metabisulfite, Potassium Sorbate, Diazolidinyl Urea, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Yellow 5

I wholeheartedly agree with a previous reviewer that said this was the worst smelling cream ever. Initially you think it's OK, but you are just lured into a false sense of security. It is the most pungent, cloying, overpowering perfumed smell that I have ever had the misfortune to sniff. Usually, a face cream when applied, will have a certain scent, which then fades away - not in this case. You may as well just not bother putting on any perfume because you won't be able to smell it. In fact, you won't be able to smell anything around you other than this pernicious, invasive, overwhelming face cream. Whether it works or not, I have no idea really. I did my best with it, due to the price, but in the end I chucked it out - I really could not stand it.

This as a very overpriced "old" moisturizer.
Who would want to use a computer from the 80s when you can get a mobile phone with better RAM capacity today!
You can do better with picking up an Estee Lauder moisturizer and get better anti-oxidant and moisturizing effect! For a fraction of the price!

I like this cream, from texture to packaging. My mother is the biggest fan of la prairie. So I splurge on a bottle of this cream.

I love La Prairie lip treatment + plumper and their lip stick with SPF15. And I am also an avid fan of their cell. treatment foundation powder finish. I also find that their Essence of Skin Caviar eye serum is not so bad but I am terribly disappointed in this caviar luxe cream for the face. It is too rich for my combination skin and have activated my glands to perspire over time.

No matter how I tried my very best to finish this cream on my face, it ended as my throat cream because this gives me break out.

Maybe this is ideal for someone with more concern for fine lines or sagging or have less sensitive skin than mine.

This is pricey.
I will never repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

THIS IS THE WORST SMELLING CREAM EVER! I don't care if someone was giving it away-I couldn't use it! oh, and it gives me little white pimples!

STUNNING! Great product! Your breakouts that appear at that time of the month will disappear..hence in the long run no marks or blemishes! Its a healing product...I think the caviar really seeps in and helps heal skin imbalances! I was skeptical...but I am now sold!

I have been buying this cream for my mother for a couple of years. The packaging is gorgeous. The fragrance is rather strong, but very fine (the cream is probably not for those who like their skincare to be fragrance-free). The texture is like melted butter. At first it may seem a little oily, but it is not. It sinks immediately into the skin and leaves no residue. The skin becomes really smooth. It is probably not for people with very dry skin, for it does not appreciably alleviate skin dryness. Does it improve skin color? Does it firm skin? Does it take away wrinkles? NO, it does not. In the long run, your face will stay just as it is. My mother keeps using it just for the pleasure it gives, for the elegant texture and the elegant perfume. Another bonus is that this cream is perfect for use with Skin Caviar foundation, which is great.
But do not expect any breath-taking results from using it.

I love this LP star product! It is much better than Sisley that sucking Botanical Night Complex (which is stickt!). although it is cream, it is not oily at all. I can tell that it is better than the liquid sisley Botanical Night Complex.

This cream has very strong fragrance, but you will get used to it if you start to use it. Well, at least it smells better than YSL products.

I will definitely buy it.

great mousterizer, but product is a too expensive for what it does. its an instant gratification product though. the lux cream instantly shimmers my skin with radiance just like it says it does. as a first generation anti aging cream i dont think its worth the price.

This did not make my skin look better at all. In fact, I think it made my skin look worse than my usual skin care products. Tricked again!

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This cream has been a big disappointment for me (after all those raves!!!!). I've been told it was for mature and dry skin, right? Well, I havent' found that cream enough moisturizing, it left my skin rather dry and not very comfortable (it even stung a bit!). Effect on minor lines or radiance of the skin was also not worth mentioning. It contains AHA, so I think it can dry out your skin even more after longer use. Sales persons should tell you that but they don't.
So if your skin is sensitive - take care! And the smell is horrible, sorry (and it never goes away, as some people have already menitoned). And at that price tag? No, thanks, I would not repurchase. This cream is definitely not worth that money. It contains reflecting microparticles, so that is a "big deal": a cosmetic effect (even the La Prairie sales lady told me "oh, no, it doesn't contain reflecting particles, only the Radiance Cream contains them")...Oh, that's great, even the La Prairie representatives can't inform you well about their products!

P.S: I am 45, normal to dry skin (my skin is not very dry or particularly sensitive).