September 23, 2014 | 1031 users online

Moisturizers - La Prairie - Skin Caviar Luxe Cream for face

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2007 5:44:00 PM More reviews by nooriee

STUNNING! Great product! Your breakouts that appear at that time of the month will disappear..hence in the long run no marks or blemishes! Its a healing product...I think the caviar really seeps in and helps heal skin imbalances! I was skeptical...but I am now sold!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:03:00 AM More reviews by Igors

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been buying this cream for my mother for a couple of years. The packaging is gorgeous. The fragrance is rather strong, but very fine (the cream is probably not for those who like their skincare to be fragrance-free). The texture is like melted butter. At first it may seem a little oily, but it is not. It sinks immediately into the skin and leaves no residue. The skin becomes really smooth. It is probably not for people with very dry skin, for it does not appreciably alleviate skin dryness. Does it improve skin color? Does it firm skin? Does it take away wrinkles? NO, it does not. In the long run, your face will stay just as it is. My mother keeps using it just for the pleasure it gives, for the elegant texture and the elegant perfume. Another bonus is that this cream is perfect for use with Skin Caviar foundation, which is great.
But do not expect any breath-taking results from using it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2007 3:58:00 PM More reviews by azndolleyes

I love this LP star product! It is much better than Sisley that sucking Botanical Night Complex (which is stickt!). although it is cream, it is not oily at all. I can tell that it is better than the liquid sisley Botanical Night Complex.

This cream has very strong fragrance, but you will get used to it if you start to use it. Well, at least it smells better than YSL products.

I will definitely buy it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by hothuggie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

great mousterizer, but product is a too expensive for what it does. its an instant gratification product though. the lux cream instantly shimmers my skin with radiance just like it says it does. as a first generation anti aging cream i dont think its worth the price.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/15/2007 7:22:00 PM More reviews by zetabebe

This did not make my skin look better at all. In fact, I think it made my skin look worse than my usual skin care products. Tricked again!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/28/2007 8:03:00 AM More reviews by alice_alix

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This cream has been a big disappointment for me (after all those raves!!!!). I've been told it was for mature and dry skin, right? Well, I havent' found that cream enough moisturizing, it left my skin rather dry and not very comfortable (it even stung a bit!). Effect on minor lines or radiance of the skin was also not worth mentioning. It contains AHA, so I think it can dry out your skin even more after longer use. Sales persons should tell you that but they don't.
So if your skin is sensitive - take care! And the smell is horrible, sorry (and it never goes away, as some people have already menitoned). And at that price tag? No, thanks, I would not repurchase. This cream is definitely not worth that money. It contains reflecting microparticles, so that is a "big deal": a cosmetic effect (even the La Prairie sales lady told me "oh, no, it doesn't contain reflecting particles, only the Radiance Cream contains them")...Oh, that's great, even the La Prairie representatives can't inform you well about their products!

P.S: I am 45, normal to dry skin (my skin is not very dry or particularly sensitive).

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2007 4:05:00 PM More reviews by makawao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product instantly removes five years from your face at least.I fully accept that the finish is cosmetic,If you use it everyday you see the benefits.You see the instant results,however there are long term results as well. The fragrance does take some getting used to.La Prairie's cellular products have an amazing fragrance,I would have preferred for them to have used that perfume.The smell is not a deterant for me.I apply it to friends and they are all amazed at the results.I cant live without it.LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2006 9:50:00 AM More reviews by monchichi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I live in a country where we talk Dutch and French. My Engish is for that reason not that good, so sorry for the spelling mistakes.
I have to agree that you look absolutely great after putting this cream on. The caviar gets in a film (not wierd, not sticky) on the faces and it seems that your skin is thicker and absolutely more glowy. I don't have wrinkles or things like that and after using it, my skin looks and feels like great skin. It's an instant skin like in expensive magasins. But i find it to do nothing on the long run. After a year every night my skin is not better then before. 'It's like make-up'. It makes your skin instantly better but it doesn't do anything on the long run. It is surely not for dry skin- the hydrating benefits are zero! I have used, i think, every LP product and i can safely say that their old products (cellular day cream, night cream, time release) are among the best products of the world. I think LP has made this cream and the radiance cream (and also a few others) because LP has built got a good image. There are a few people in the world with money but without notice of skincare. They ask the most expensive cream because they think that that would be the best. I really am 100% sure this is a nice product and it will absolutely cause no harm, but it is surely not for people who want a great skin. It would be too easy if every expensive product would be the best, otherwise all the rich people should have a great skin. I really found it no skincare product. Oh well, i think i stop La Prairie. It has no culture, it has just it's name built by there old products. I hate their way of working now. From now on i will surch good things!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2006 8:21:00 AM More reviews by nortybunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this but too expensive. Will buy it again when I have too much money to spend. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2006 4:25:00 PM More reviews by littleliverbird

When I first tried this, I hated the overbearing smell so much that I thought I would never use it. I'm glad I gave it a chance because it is such a great moisturiser that makes your skin look and feel fabulous! After a few days the smell was not even an issue and I barely notice it now. I know it is expensive, but you need such a tiny amount that it really does last. I love how this sinks into your skin and makes your face so soft. I use this at night and I only need a tiny pea-size amount. It goes on my skin so smoothly and there is no horrid residue or 'film', also in the 4 months or so I have been using it, I have not broken out at all from it. I wake up in the morning with lovely fresh skin and I feel that it has cleared my skin too. I really like this and think you really can tell it is a quality moisturiser.