December 21, 2014 | 1541 users online

Liquid - Dior - Diorskin Sculpt

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2010 1:07:00 AM More reviews by shezwack

I have high standards when it comes to foundation, and this one is actually pretty good. It is a medium coverage, and I set it with either a mac powder or napoleon camera finish. It has pretty good staying power, although will stay on alot longer with concealer and powder. I suppose it is more of a thicker foundation, but if you apply it with a foundation brush I get a good flawless texture and doesn't look like its just sitting on top of my skin. It is very expensive. I believe I payed $80 for mine, but i use it pretty often and has lasted a long time.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 1:11:00 PM More reviews by foxysoxy804

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Pros
-From far away it looks flawless
-Long lasting
-Doesn't crease in lines
-Covered acne well
-My combo skin doesn't get too oily with this

Cons
-Extremely (!) pricey
-Somewhat limited color selection
-Feels extremely thick on the face
-Up close, can tell there is foundation. As time goes by, becomes more and more obvious (and gross)
-Covered scabs (from acne) not so well
-Makes flakes/dry spots very obvious

Bottom line, this foundation was not right for me. It is so heavy and did not look like me with better skin. It looked (and felt) like me with a mask on.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2010 11:54:00 PM More reviews by clde

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a medium to full coverage creamy foundation. I would recommend it to those with dry to normal skin, as it may be too moisturizing for oily skin. I apply it with a 187 to give a sheer/medium level coverage and it works wonders covering hyperpigmentation. I have redness and dry skin and this is the only foundation that covers without looking cakey. It can feel heavy, similar to revlons colorstay, but for the flawless finish i can overlook this con. Definately a staple foundation for my very pale skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/4/2009 5:11:00 AM More reviews by kerry2

This product is waaaay to thick. I wore this for quite a while and do not rate it atall. it is hard to put on with a brush because of the texture and when I put it on with my fingers I feel as though i'm just moving the product around. I'd say this product is better for people that would like very full coverage but I personally wouldnt purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2009 1:28:00 AM More reviews by kbhowell

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love the Dior Sculpt foundation! I have tried other types of foundation from Dior and Chanel (my fav makeup lines) and I keep coming back to sculpt. The pump bottle makes it easy to get out what you need...one pump for me is good for my whole face. So one bottle lasts about 5 months. The coverage is good..it's not sheer but if you put it on sparingly, it doesn't look heavy. But you can build it up a lot if you are going out and it still doesn't look heavy. I have hyperpigmentation on my cheeks and it covers it really well. Makes my skin look really smooth and flawless and it stays well all day. I have normal/drier skin so this may not be the best option for those who have oily skin or who break out easily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 10:54:00 PM More reviews by suzannaelektra

I am writing this review a bit late but I have tried this foundation and it's actually amazing. Though it is targeted towards a more mature skin, I found that it worked well with my young skin (age 25). Perfect coverage..just slightly heavy but I was okay with that. MAde my skin illuminated and look flawless. I would buy this again for sure...didn't bother my oily skin only made it more smoother :)
I have recommended this to people and they have purchased it...
Dior foundations are pretty great.

rated 1 of 5 on 11/14/2009 9:53:00 PM More reviews by Bambiina

Acne ALERT. not for oily skin, slides of a few hours after u put it on. Coverage good, no need for concealer with this. lightest shade was to dark.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2009 5:38:00 PM More reviews by LPomona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Wow - I'm surprised this doesn't have much better reviews! Really surprised. I decided to sample this after determining that Dior Forever had a bit more coverage than I need (after having gone through 5 bottles of it!). Anywho, Sculpt is a truly luxurious-feeling foundation with medium to full coverage, depending on your mode of application. Use fingers for full coverage, but a brush or BeautyBlender for lighter coverage.

My shade is 021 - Linen, which is what it is in every Dior foundation. I'm NC20ish & my other matches are Chant. Future Skin in Camomile; CdP Cream in BF20; Chanel Teint Innocence in Cameo/Claire.

I love this Sculpt foundation just as much as I love the 3 that I just mentioned. Sculpt feels nicely moisturizing, but not overly so (I have very normal skin) and it leaves a slight dewiness which can be enjoyed or cancelled with finishing powder. It lasts all day & does not oxidize at all. Pure, true, lasting coverage that is believable & not too heavy. Gives a lovely, professional look to your skin, if you know what I mean by that. This definitely rates as one of my all-time-favorite foundations.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by vleemakeup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

1 of my all-time fave foundations - Dior Forever being my other fave. I've never, ever bought a foundation twice in my life, but I'll definitely be purchasing Sculpt & Forever again. I come from the Aussie Sub-Tropics where it's really hot in summer & really mild in winter. So Sculpt is unsuitable in Summer - even at night; however, it's perfect for Autumn/Winter. It gives a wonderful full, powdery coverage & is luxuriously moisutrising at the same time. I love that it gives a blank canvas - no imperfections show through (no redness, no dark circles - I also use the sculpt concealer though, hardly see the pimples/blemishes). I rave about this foundation to my friends & pretty much anyone who'll listen to me blather on about foundations. At $80AU it's really steep in price, but it's definitely worth it!!!!!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/29/2009 12:56:00 PM More reviews by divaliciousss

I thought this product was amazing at first, but it made my face look really shiny. I dont usually have oily skin... It does provide quite good coverage and you can build it up. I've bought some YSL bronzer to use to try and mattify over the top but after a while it wears off and my face yet again looks way too shiny. Its also a really weird pinky colour.
I only use it now because I dropped my MAC studio fix (it shattered everywhere!). Once I've bought new studio fix foundation, I will not be using this foundation!