October 22, 2014 | 1812 users online

Mascara - Almay - One Coat Nourishing Mascara Triple Effect

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2011 2:02:00 PM More reviews by Elizabeth82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I lOOOVE this mascara...and I have yet to say that about any other mascara. Perfect amount of tint, length and volume for me, holds my curl, doesn't smudge on me like most other non-waterproof mascaras and doesn't irritate my eyes like most other mascaras. And it's less than $10. Will def repurchase. :)

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 9:39:00 AM More reviews by silkyskin

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I mostly like this mascara. Mostly. Not enough to buy this again, unfortunately, and here's why: it really does not thicken, I NEED my Shiseido mascara primer before I apply this or it has no oomph, but most of all it smudges and gives me panda eyes. I have long lashes and after wearing this for a few hours I notice that there is always black on my brow bone right under my eyebrows. I can wipe it off easily with my fingertip, but then my shadow goes too. Not cool. Also, it seems to dry out pretty quickly.
On the plus side it goes on smoothly and easily, doesn't flake or clump, stays put relatively well but comes off easily with mostly water and a bit of cleanser. Makes my lashes look lovely but I hate that it smudges. I'm going to end on a positive note: Almay doesn't test on animals and I love that. I've never seen an animal with makeup on, nor have I seen one carrying a makeup bag. Go Almay :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/30/2011 2:37:00 PM More reviews by carmahaston

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Just bought this. Love this mascara, I've tried just about everything. YSL was my HG but they changed the formula recently. This Almay is goof for everyday use, didn't flake or smudge, and came off easily. Not sure how buildabe it is as I only used one coat, but foe day use one coat was perfect for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by staciarose22

I'm wondering how long people are keeping the wand out of their tube and using this mascara. Because this is a gel based mascara and if you have a habit of pumping the wand or applying mascara for more than a minute, then it's going to dry out very quickly over a few weeks. That's if you're using it every day. I really cannot stand a mascara that is wet and too slick for application. It does nothing for anyone's lashes, and those tend to smudge beyond belief. I would rather have a mascara that builds volume and length really fast and then dries quickly so I can move on with my routine. Buying mascara once a month is not really a big deal if it does dry, and with a gel mascara the pigment of black is much more vibrant and an ultra black. It also has aloe (which won't effect the product) and vitamin E to condition lashes. I'm going to use it till the tube has been used up and then update.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2011 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Maylihn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Decent mascara for a drugstore brand. I like the texture of the product and the volume it gave my lashes. It gave a great everyday look. The price is good and the product easy to remove. I found that the mascara seems to clump fairly fast after the tube is opened for the first time. Within 3 weeks it would get heavy and clump up on my lashes (I purchased 2 tubes from different places at different times and got the same result). I also developed an allergy to this product so I would not buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2011 7:40:00 PM More reviews by GothicGal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Like most Almay mascaras, I liked this one. It is fantastic for sensitive eyes.

The formula isn't as runny as other mascaras. I found it to work well adding volume. I bought blackest black & it lived up to my expectations. I wanted this mascara to be over the top dramatic (if you, like me love that look for day & night wear!) but this mascara isn't one of those.

It wears well & didn't smudge. I was very happy with this mascara.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 4:19:00 AM More reviews by princessa00

This is a really, really good mascara! I don't like shelling out the money for a high end mascara. I do think it makes a difference, but it's just not worth it for mascara's shelf life. This is actually my favorite drugstore mascara, I alternate this and Colossal. Colossal is easier to apply, but I think Almay's looks more natural and gives a prettier, fanned out effect if applied correctly. I actually find it lasts a month or two longer than my other mascaras. It lengthens and volumizes my lashes, but can get clumpy if I don't apply it carefully. I like this, and I'll keep using it unless something better from the drugstore comes along.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/21/2011 2:35:00 PM More reviews by chikababy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't think this product deserves the rating that it does. I think that it does what it promises (on my lashes): it lengthens, volumizes, and 'lifts' the lashes. The effect isn't as extreme as its competition in the mascara industry-- but it doesn't promise anything like "7x the volume!" as some other ones do. It does what it advertises. It doesn't exactly curl, but it doesn't weigh your lashes down either. That's the main reason I like it, I believe it's the only drugstore mascara that I can wear on my sensitive eyes. I love L'Oreal and Maybelline but they sting and weigh on my eyes too much. I got this in blackest black, and it's a very true black. I was happy that it didn't smudge or flake on me, even through a full day, was not clumpy, and because it doesn't promise to be waterproof/resistant, it was very easy to take off with a remover. I found the brush strange (I didn't expect it; I hadn't read any reviews before buying it) but it worked. I'm not sure which side is supposed to do what, but the long side seemed to deposit more product while the short side brushed and separated. This retails for about 7CAD. **UPDATE** love revoked! terrible mascara... I may have been wearing rose-coloured glasses.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2011 8:42:00 PM More reviews by gribble

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Not very impressed with this one. I think I prefer a more traditional brush to get into and separate my lashes, which are fairly long but need a bit of definition. This brush is an odd "half" brush with bristles on one side. I always seem to apply unevenly on each eye due to how I hold it. Not a fan of the formula either, I don't find it particularly remarkable in lash lengthening. It does not flake on me, but I came in from a few drops of rain and had it pooling under my eyes (I know it's not waterproof, but a little bit of water tolerance would be nice). Would not bother again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/7/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by juliajolle

I am disappointed by this product. The effect is ok, but not fantastic. This mascara flakes a lot!!! The brush makes the application complicated since it does not separate well. There are better drugstore mascaras like those from Maybelline.