Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

At first use, that product clogged my pores .
At second use, I did a terrible allergic reaction to that product .

I bought that product thinking it would be soft and gentle to wash my skin but I really had the impression that I couldn't rince it off my face and that I was adding something instead of getting rid of sebum and other residues .
I really had the feeling that my skin was wrapped in plastic in a way .
And then, I did an allergic reaction to that cleanser ...

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

For years, I was begging for the makers of Cetaphil (Galderma) to bring this across from the US to the UK, which eventually they did.

Be careful what you wish for: the stuff is pretty much useless. Doesn't remove makeup at all, yet manages to sit on your skin. A skincare contradiction that defies modern science!

Had to wash three times to get it off.

Look at the ingredients - mostly moisturising agents with a little bit of (outdated) surfactant. No wonder it just slops around on your skin without dissolving the gunk and oil that's accumulated on your skin after a busy day in the city.

Much, much better and my HG cleanser is PC's Resist Optimal Hydrating Cleanser. That gets the cack off my face without leaving that awful 'squeaky clean' feeling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product because the Oily Skin Cleanser version was out of stock. During the exam period, I attributed my sudden acne flare up to high stress levels. Thus, it caused my skin to become congested. I remove my makeup using coconut oil but this cleanser sucks as removing makeup and sometimes even the oil. It doesn't foam either which is a property that I quite like in my cleansers.
When I switched back to the oily skin cleanser, my acne started getting better. Do not buy this product if you have acne because chances are that it will make it worse or perhaps even give you acne. Never buying the gentle skin cleanser ever again.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

i use this and i don't think this is right for me , it made my face very dry and i feel it strips my skin from it on natural moisture .

Sensitive skin / Eczema / Rosacea?

Stay away from this. It's full of chemicals and if you have sensitive skin like I do - your skin will rebel.

Goes on smooth when using but left me congested, broken out in rash and totally red.

I initially stopped this after the first trial went badly but tried it again after my dermatologist (this being my PAST dermo and not my current dermo) actually recommended it and I've had the past ten days of hell to pay thanks to this wonderful new addition to my vanity.

Here are two resources on the ingredients (and there are MANY other articles out there, just google and you will find them!)

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

This is pretty good. I wouldn't use it to wash my face exclusively. I tried Cerave hydrating cleanser but it really clogged my pores.
This is a pretty mild cleanser with SLS which is a drawback to be sure. However, the concentration is low because it's not used as a lathering agent (this product does not lather) but it is used as a surfactant and that may cause problems for some.
I don't know hhw to feel about it. When I wash with it, my skin feels clean. I am really afraid of clogging my pores especially since I've had such success with betatine salicylate.
I usually make a statement similar to the following in most of my cleanser reviews. I still love Dove soap, but it's made in Canada now and the formula is not the same. It's more pore clogging.
Overall, cetaphil gentle skin cleanser makes a great non irritating morning cleanser and a pretty good base for clay masks, aspirin masks and so on. I will always have a bottle around, but I am trying cetaphil's gentle cleansing bar again.
***UPDATE*** I am not a fan of the cleansing bar due to the masking fragrance. It's over powering and irritating.
I had used a cream cleanser with fabulous success last winter/spring (Marcelle Ultra Gentle Cleansing Gel) but I guess I became sensitized, due to the salicylic acid or the preservatives and can't use it even now. I want to use a cream cleanser, and foaming agents seem to really deter me...even Dove I've started to feel dried out at times. I really hate moisturizer and wish I never had to use it. Ever.
Back to the review. I started to use this again because I am super, duper broke. I mean kicking the tin can, stone soup broke. At the local drugstore I can buy a travel sized bottle of this cleanser, one a week @ 1.99 a piece. I have to scrape coin together sometimes just to get one...times are tough.
This cleanser allows me to keep it minimal. I can't afford face mists and actives & oils. I gotta pare it down and stick with it, like my grocery budget,
Yes, it has SLS but it's mid to low in it's place on the list. Cetephil would be better if it used poysorbate 20 instead, but try telling Galaderma that.
I like it, and don't mind goopy stuff on my face anymore. It feels much better than dehydrated angry, hot skin. If you have problems with cleansers and hormonal type skin issues, try this.

It's a nice product to use it's soft and doesn't writ ate my skin. I usually use it in the shower. My face feels soft after using it and I usually don't apply a moisturizer after it. I don't see that much diffrence in my face from using it but it doesn't harm my face so I suggest using it but also have a separate cleanser if you have pretty bad acne

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

It's an alright product. I used it like I was suppose to but it didnt clear up my skin or make it any worse.

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I've always used this cleanser on my little sister and brother for any of their skin issues because it's so gentle and hasn't ever broken out their skin or irritated their skin.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am so surprised with the good reviews of this. I hated it. It smells like baby powder and I don't feel like it does a great job cleaning my skin. Won't repurchase