September 1, 2014 | 1015 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, my two cents. I have horridly sensitive/reactive skin, and pretty much by this point I need a doctor because no single products helps, and even ones that do, there are still problems. I've tried a billion other things, including the foaming version (which I liked less, hate the smell) and cerave, etc.

I've been using this cleanser since the end of last month and there have been improvements such as less dryness, over all nice tone and more softness. However, I still got a few cysts which doesn't happen with every cleanser, and bumps which I always seem to have anyway. And I almost feel I can't blame this cleanser either, though it could be, you never know. At least my skin overall wasn't acting too crazy. I don't really care about the makeup removing or whatever, since good skin health is more important and I haven't been wearing it lately anyway. But I still have to keep this at about 4 stars because I can't be sure it's not causing some reactions, and at the same time, other products were all worse, so I have to take what I can get. I'm going to attempt to use it AM only, and another 'sensitive' wash that wasn't perfect (and was actually too drying) for PM in case it helps with the bumps/pimples and also makeup removing.

I start to wonder if half my reviews are on products that are fine, but only I'm the problem. :( I do think this would work on 'normal' people who don't have uncontrollable acne or adult acne. Idk about them but it didn't stop it for me, I don't think anything will, honestly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this in the mornings after waking up since I don't have makeup on. My skin is dry and cleansing it twice a day with water and foaming cleanser is too much for it. This product allows me to gently cleanse my face without water and drying out my skin.

I use the formula for gentle sensitive skin. I can't imagine using this as a primary cleanser to remove makeup as it is far too gentle. I notice since using it this way my skin is dewy and supple all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lauraguise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is just so harmless and versatile. My dermatologist recommended it when I had bad reactions to foaming cleansers, and an allergy to sunblock (does anyone else have this problem??)
As a cleanser you really just can't expect much, I don't mean this in a negative way, rather how you wouldn't expect baby shampoo to do much for oily hair. So if you're looking to clear out serious acne this product probably isn't for you, but if your skin dries out easily or you just want a daily remover more than water this is excellent.
I mentioned versatile: I use this as a moisturiser too. Cetaphil has its own moisturising products, but this is less oily. Instructions say that this can be applied without water so clearly there are no effects of leaving it on, and its non comedogenic so it won't clog your pores.

Really harmless, good moisturiser too, love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lauragj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product twice daily for over a year and a half. As a person with some acne and very sensitive skin, I thought this would help me, but now I'm second guessing that. For as long as I've been using Cetaphil, I've had tons of tiny flesh colored bumps on my face (not acne).

I changed out everything in my routine (which is very minimal because of my sensitive skin) but nothing made a difference with these bumps. After over a year, I finally realized that the Cetaphil (which I thought could never cause irritation) was actually the problem. I think some people are allergic to this--ME!

I give it 3 stars because I love the creamy texture. And you can rub it right into your eyes to get the makeup off because it is so gentle. This will work for some people, but don't think that it can't break you out just because derms recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is definatley amazing! After hearing all the hype around this product, i decided to try it out myself, and i love it. Its gentle but yet it makes your face feel so nice and clean and it removes all your makeup (waterproof mascara not so much) I have very oily skin and this wash really cleans my face... so if you have sensitive skin or any skin type at all, you should try it out! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this makes my face feel, but my face doesn't like it. It doesn't dry my face like other products, but it makes me break out. I got three nasty zits and tons of other spots. The top of the pump also broke.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 11:57:00 PM More reviews by Roxiedawl182

Very gentle on the skin. I have very sensitive skin and this does not irritate it. It is nothing mind blowing but is a nice, basic, gentle everyday cleanser. Doesn't have a fragrence or colors.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/3/2014 4:57:00 AM More reviews by faceart97

This product wasn't harsh at all. Very soft on the skin. Too soft. I feel it isn't cleansing my face and I continue to get acne. I think it works for people who get the odd pimple and can help to remove make up. It's also odourless and very gentle it just didn't do much for me. Didn't help my acne prone skin and if you use too much It will go as far as breaking you out. One pump is too much. Didn't like this product .

rated 2 of 5 on 6/2/2014 3:12:00 AM More reviews by thefluffypanda

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have sensitive and combination skin. This product has been recommended a lot so I gave it a try. Bad idea. I broke out in pimples and blemishes using this. The consistency is very thick (which I don't like) and feels like there's a film over my face. It doesn't sink into my face.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/31/2014 5:59:00 PM More reviews by alexchalpin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Cetaphil is a yes and no cleanser. Theres no doubt that it works completely well for some people, but personally not for me. i am 14 and going through teen acne. i recenetly just switched cleansers (clean&clear- Cetaphil gental skin cleanser) and every plimple that ive ever had popped up. i completely broke out and it was terrible. i undertand that sometimes your skin may get a little shocked after swtiching cleansers, but for me, its just not worth the 2 weeks of "purging" or break out just for switching products. idk, if your skin is fairly adjustable and good with many products, then cetaphil will probably be good for you because its extremely gental.

hope this helps about a bit (coming from a very stressed teen girl who HATES ACNE!!:'(