Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

on 7/13/2015 12:34:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

this a basic cleanser that does absolutely nothing and has poor ingredients in it.
if you use this you need to know it doesn't have any extra benefits except very basic cleansing.
yes, it's gentle but that's it.
it does not provide any extra nourishment, anti-aging, etc. there are soooo many other cleansers that have extra skincare benefits!

this is a cleanser for already-perfect skin.

so how is this so popular? why do dermatologists recommend this?
it's because when you use prescription strength skincare and get peels and treatments often, they recommend you use a gentle very basic cleanser so it doesn't interfere with the dermatologist strength product.
if you have severe acne or something else intense, this will do literally nothing to your skin... unless you add in another product. then it will work bc this lets the other product work uninterrupted.

and the ingredients in this are actually not good for your skin. so much chemical!

I'm giving it one star bc it literally does nothing. it cleanser but not very well. there is a difference between "gentle" and "does nothing" and this does nothing.
I much prefer cerave products and my HG cleanser is pur minerals in the clear clarifying cleanser which actually gets gunk out of my pores without harsh ingredients

on 7/7/2015 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Warm

This products contains Sodium Lauryl Sulfate which is a KNOWN irritant for sensitive skin - which as a reviewer mentions before makes me wonder why dermatologists recommend this stuff. For me personally it was HORRIBLE. I had little tiny flesh-coloured bumps which kind-off looked like pimples under the skin, and redness everywhere on my face. My skin was a 'hot mess', until I realised the reason for it was this cleanser and the ingredient SLS mentioned above, it irritated the crap out of my skin.

If your skin is dry, dull, somewhat dehydrated and sensitive - stay FAR AWAY from this cleanser!

on 6/23/2015 5:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is a good cleanser for sensitive skin because it does not foam up. I like the consistency of this cleanser and how it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight and stripped. It's also nice that this cleanser has a pump.

on 6/23/2015 9:31:00 AM

Although I like this type of cleanser and Cetaphil does a good job at cleansing, I wouldn't buy it again because I found out that the company tests on animals. I switched to Cerave because it does all the things Cetaphil does but better and they don't test on animals.

on 6/23/2015 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse

I decided to buy this cleanser because of the hype surrounding it claiming it's really gentle and great for sensitive skin. However, this cleanser dried out my face like crazy! It also led to me getting clogged pores due to my dry surface skin. Probably due to the sls that they use in it.

This cleanser is definitely gentle but maybe a little too gentle. I have been using this cleanser for about 2 1/2 years and at first this was just a really good basic cleanser for my sensitive skin. The only thing about this cleanser is that it does nothing to help acne at all. It is just for basic cleaning that does not over dry the skin. I had to try new cleansers because this cleanser is not bad but it is also not good. The cleanser does not take off makeup and leaves oil on my face. Also the pump on the bottle is always extremely difficult to open and breaks easily. This might be a good cleanser for someone who wants something basic or doesn't wear makeup often. This cleanser is just okay.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this Cleanser yesterday and I used it twice along with persa gel 5. The first time was with persa gel and the second was on its own. I'm a teenager so I know that this works better for younger skin. However I did get a really bad break out from waxing a part of my face and my cheek had a bad break out. This stuff along with the gel drastically reduced the appearance of pimples and smoothed out the area that was broken out. I have the normal to dry version even though I have combination to oily skin. I saw the oily skin version but I thought I just get this one and it didn't do anything to harm my skin thus far. I wanted to write a review though I only had it for a day because I did not expect to see results in less than 24hours. If you have a bad break out or a teenager I would say give this a go. Also I don't think this is strong enough to remove makeup so don't try to use it on its own as a makeup removing Cleanser because I highly doubt it would work

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I bought this product thinking that a gentle cleanser would be ideal for my sensitive, oily skin. This worked well for a while, but my skin started breaking out after a few weeks. I ruled it out to this cleanser, as soon as I switched, my skin cleared up. The cleanser is NOT chemical free which I strongly disliked, and there is fragrance which irritated my skin. What I did like about it was that it worked as a good makeup remover, but I would not use it again as an actual cleanser.

on 6/16/2015 7:44:00 PM

I would heartily recommend this product for anyone who wants a facial cleanser that is strong enough to leave the skin feeling smoother, but gentle enough to not leave redness or dryness. I use this product in combination with St. Ive's apricot facial scrub. I would recommend buying the bottle with the flip cap because it seems to last longer. This is a great product that does it's job while costing next to nothing!

on 6/14/2015 12:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Love Cetaphil.. gentle on my sensitive skin, leaveas skin feeling clean but not 'stripped' have had no breakouts since using this cleanser and it seems to help with the redness in my cheeks. I don't wear make up daily and when I do I remove the make up with a wash cloth before washing with this cleanser. My daughter who is 13 also uses this and it has helped with her breakouts. When we run out and she uses her back up cleanser she notices a difference in her skin and breakouts right away.

Video Reviews & Tutorials