September 18, 2014 | 1724 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2014 6:49:00 PM More reviews by yayajordana

Very gentle, takes off some makeup but not all. Doesn't dry out your skin. Hate that it still contains parabens:(.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2014 4:23:00 PM More reviews by Gigglesfordays

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I really, really was hoping to love this stuff! Now that it's summer, my normally dry skin has changed to combination. I just ran out of the cleanser from pond's I had been using before and thought this would be the perfect chance to try something new. Well, the Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser broke me out. I have decent skin so I wasn't looking for anything too fancy to clean my skin. This stuff though, man. It gave me horrible acne all around my chin, lips, and forehead and made my pores huge. Not to mention the red irritation that occurred after a week. I don't know if it was an allergic reaction or what, but all the problems started healing immediately when I bought a new product. So, this one is not for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by annap888

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is EXTREMELY gentle. I use this for my morning cleanser since my skin has not been through too much during night time. However when it comes to night time I do not go for this since it is too gentle, even on days without makeup it doesn't cleanse enough for me.

Texture is weird. No smell.
Doesn't leave my skin dried up of moisture.

Again, I would use this only in the morning when I do not need to have much cleaned off my face.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by Maclover202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I use this cleanser only in the morning. It doesn't take off my makeup or much of anything because it is so gentle. I love using it in the morning though! It hydrates my oily skin but doesn't strip it. It is a bit pricey, I think $10 but it is a very nice calming morning cleanser.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 12:14:00 PM More reviews by CordulaM

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Ok, my two cents. I have horridly sensitive/reactive skin, and pretty much by this point I need a doctor because no single products helps, and even ones that do, there are still problems. I've tried a billion other things, including the foaming version (which I liked less, hate the smell) and cerave, etc.

I've been using this cleanser since the end of last month and there have been improvements such as less dryness, over all nice tone and more softness. However, I still got a few cysts which doesn't happen with every cleanser, and bumps which I always seem to have anyway. And I almost feel I can't blame this cleanser either, though it could be, you never know. At least my skin overall wasn't acting too crazy. I don't really care about the makeup removing or whatever, since good skin health is more important and I haven't been wearing it lately anyway. But I still have to keep this at about 4 stars because I can't be sure it's not causing some reactions, and at the same time, other products were all worse, so I have to take what I can get. I'm going to attempt to use it AM only, and another 'sensitive' wash that wasn't perfect (and was actually too drying) for PM in case it helps with the bumps/pimples and also makeup removing.

I start to wonder if half my reviews are on products that are fine, but only I'm the problem. :( I do think this would work on 'normal' people who don't have uncontrollable acne or adult acne. Idk about them but it didn't stop it for me, I don't think anything will, honestly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by glossyxlipz

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I use this in the mornings after waking up since I don't have makeup on. My skin is dry and cleansing it twice a day with water and foaming cleanser is too much for it. This product allows me to gently cleanse my face without water and drying out my skin.

I use the formula for gentle sensitive skin. I can't imagine using this as a primary cleanser to remove makeup as it is far too gentle. I notice since using it this way my skin is dewy and supple all day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/17/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by lauraguise

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Cetaphil is just so harmless and versatile. My dermatologist recommended it when I had bad reactions to foaming cleansers, and an allergy to sunblock (does anyone else have this problem??)
As a cleanser you really just can't expect much, I don't mean this in a negative way, rather how you wouldn't expect baby shampoo to do much for oily hair. So if you're looking to clear out serious acne this product probably isn't for you, but if your skin dries out easily or you just want a daily remover more than water this is excellent.
I mentioned versatile: I use this as a moisturiser too. Cetaphil has its own moisturising products, but this is less oily. Instructions say that this can be applied without water so clearly there are no effects of leaving it on, and its non comedogenic so it won't clog your pores.

Really harmless, good moisturiser too, love it.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2014 8:15:00 AM More reviews by lauragj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used this product twice daily for over a year and a half. As a person with some acne and very sensitive skin, I thought this would help me, but now I'm second guessing that. For as long as I've been using Cetaphil, I've had tons of tiny flesh colored bumps on my face (not acne).

I changed out everything in my routine (which is very minimal because of my sensitive skin) but nothing made a difference with these bumps. After over a year, I finally realized that the Cetaphil (which I thought could never cause irritation) was actually the problem. I think some people are allergic to this--ME!

I give it 3 stars because I love the creamy texture. And you can rub it right into your eyes to get the makeup off because it is so gentle. This will work for some people, but don't think that it can't break you out just because derms recommend it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/12/2014 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Piano34

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stuff is definatley amazing! After hearing all the hype around this product, i decided to try it out myself, and i love it. Its gentle but yet it makes your face feel so nice and clean and it removes all your makeup (waterproof mascara not so much) I have very oily skin and this wash really cleans my face... so if you have sensitive skin or any skin type at all, you should try it out! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 6/12/2014 2:52:00 PM More reviews by fashionismybesty

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love how this makes my face feel, but my face doesn't like it. It doesn't dry my face like other products, but it makes me break out. I got three nasty zits and tons of other spots. The top of the pump also broke.