October 21, 2014 | 878 users online

Cleansers - Cetaphil - Gentle Skin Cleanser

rated 1 of 5 on 8/3/2014 2:18:00 PM More reviews by soella

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

meh. overrated in my opinion.

Felt like nothing special. Wasn't moisturizing, didn't clean anything off my face effectively or even in the slightest, didn't do anything at all. I had to read the reviews again to see what people actually like this for.

Love their creamy moisturizer but this is just so below average. Even on my sensitive skin it didn't cause any less irritation than most other cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/2/2014 7:46:00 AM More reviews by sandramac

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had combination skin my entire adult life. I tend to get cystic acne, and have always had to be careful what I used to clean my face. I wear foundation every day, including a high SPF moisturizer. Cetaphil is the best cleanser I have ever used, and I have tried nearly everything on the market, including dermatologist regimens and some of the most expensive beauty brands on the market. For other reviewers who complained that Cetaphil doesn't seem to clean their skin thoroughly, it may be that they are used to foaming cleansers (which this is not) or to that "squeaky clean" feeling, which is not really necessary for clean skin.
My best use of this cleanser is following: I remove my eye and lip makeup with an eye makeup remover for waterproof makeup, since I wear waterproof mascara and lipstick. Then I apply about a teaspoon to dry skin. This seems to give the cleanser "traction," and feels like it holds onto the makeup as I work it around my face. If my face is already wet, it feels too slippery, although it still cleanses well.
After working the cleanser over my face and throat, I use a wet, warm face cloth to wipe the emulsion off, then rinse with clear water. My skin feels very clean, not tight or oily, just clean and soft. In the morning, I rinse my skin with cool water and pat dry, then apply moisturizer. My skin has not broken out once in the year I have used only Cetaphil for cleansing, despite switching foundations, powders and other parts of my skin regimen, so I believe I can credit Cetaphil for my soft, comfortable, worry-free skin.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/1/2014 2:19:00 PM More reviews by Lyah28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is indeed a gentle cleanser. But it leaved a weird sticky film on my face that was almost impossible to take off. It didn't dry out my skin, which is good, but I felt that it wasn't cleaning enough. Very good for harsh winters of dry skin, but for combination/oily skin, not so much. Then again, it depends on preference. If you like cleansers that leave a sticky film on your face, go ahead. Now that I think about it, this would make an awsome body wash for my severly dry, sensitive, eczema body skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/27/2014 3:04:00 AM More reviews by GinaBina45

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this and the oily skin version of this for years. I tend to rotate between the two. I like how the non foaming wash isn't harsh on the skin or the eyes and it removes my eye makeup well without stinging. It doesn't remove the rest of my makeup well unless I use it with my Clairsonic. Other than that, I love this product!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/17/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by jessicahelmi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Totally love it! I was not a fan of a non-foaming face cleanser but after trying this product, I am loving it! It leaves my skin smooth, less oily and supple! Highly recommended!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2014 1:34:00 PM More reviews by Rocoloco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Cetaphil for YEARS and it has seen me through my teenage acne days. I started using it based on my cousins recommendation. My cousin had major acne issues and nothing seemed to work until he visited a medical doctor and was prescribed Cetaphil cleanser.

Honestly, Cetaphil isn't one of those cleansers that you can see fast results after a short period of usage. When I started having pimple breakouts I almost gave up on using Cetaphil because it did not seem to be doing anything for my condition. But because it was super gentle on my skin I stuck to it, and after a few years my skin cleared up beautifully!

Cetaphil has done a great job in keeping my face clean but not squeaky clean so my skin still retains some of its natural oils. However, when my face feels super oily and dirty, Cetaphil alone is insufficient. I will first use a cleansing oil before washing my face with Cetaphil and I feel that this method really helps to have a "deep cleanse". Cetaphil is not the best makeup remover too, thats why I have to use a separate makeup remover / cleansing oil to remove any heavy makeup.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/14/2014 10:14:00 PM More reviews by yaytaytay

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have been using this the last 2 months at the suggestion of my mother. She is always hounding me for using skincare with crazy chemicals and fragrance in them. I've been using the morning burst cleanser from C&C for as long as i can remember. "Never use anything that is colorful" she always says. So i finally caved and bought this. Not a fan. It doesn't remove makeup well at all, and I'm pretty sure it broke me out. So disappointing because i love how gentle it is. The only positive about it is that it takes off eye make up quite well!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/14/2014 3:02:00 AM More reviews by soundofmusic

Multifunction product. I use it for body and face. It works well when I got a problem with my face due to allergic ( like burn and peel off ). It is mild and gentle yet still cleanse off my face well. Doesn't dry your skin. For cleaning make up, I have to do double cleansing, otherwise the make up will still stay..

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by lilyjoha

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Use it for about everything you can think of except shampoo and conditioner. Best part of this product is that I can take it anywhere and use it since no water is required. --- Late flight home and want to look good for my guy I can take this out and clean off my old makeup. Last minute pool party? Works great as a shaving cream. No water needed. Love it. -- Smudge in mascara? WIth a q-tip or swab can remove just the smudge. :)

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 2:55:00 AM More reviews by fecktopia

Cetaphil cleanser has been fundamental in getting me through the troublesome acne stages, and now the dehydrated skin too. I used so many SA and BP cleansers that irritated my acne prone skin but within a week of switching to the gentleness of Cetaphil my skin calmed down and started repairing. Now that acne is no longer my central problem, I have reintroduced it in my regime as a soft cleanse following a jojoba oil pre-cleanse to remove make up and unclog pores. It does not dehydrate my skin and is effective at removing the excess oil. I also use it water-free whenever I have minor breakouts on my body and it clears them straight up. Everytime I have run into a skin crisis in the last decade this product has come to the rescue. I don't know why I ever sropped using it - probably the allure of new products with their miracle cure promises and shiny marketing. But this cleanser is a great all rounder for all skin types and the real deal as an effective, gentle cleanser. Great value, great packaging, great results.