Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser

3.5

Really wanted to like it (love the cream for dry skin!), but my face would break out in clusters of pimples every time I used it. Guess it doesn't do enough to cleanse my somewhat-congested skin.

on 2/16/2015 6:52:00 AM

Had a bad skin reaction to it, my skin is almost burning as I write this. This stuff was very nasty for me.

on 2/12/2015 7:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I think this product is good for certain times in your life. Probably the best times is in adolescence or puberty or highschool or any of those times when you need something so gentle for your acne.

I had a bottle of this lying around that my sister left behind (apparently she was over it too) and out of desperation (no moola) I decided to use it. I still had a huge bottle which was more than half full.

Yes it's gentle but it really doesn't remove any makeup or oil or anything! I think it seriously does absolutely nothing and it's like washing with water. It leaves a strange film behind too and I hate that. When I dry my face, I see splotches of foundation over my WHITE towels. Ew. Yes this was good long ago, but now eh, I don't have a problem with acne as much as I used to but want something that actually would clean your face. I tried mixing this with Neutrogena's fresh foaming cleanser (another favorite I had back in HS) and the combo is just not good. Oh well. I'll have to find better cleansers now that my HG is gone (Orjene Organics Foaming Facewash).

on 2/10/2015 9:10:00 PM

I love this cleanser its gentle and doesn't leave any problems like many cleansers. The price is very lovely, I buy the bigger one which comes with a travel size tube. I use to use proactiv when I was 12 and had super bad break outs but the benzoyl peroxide didn't go well with my skin, drying it out (although It worked better than the other acid forgot the name) then I tried this and at first I thought this won't work on my skin it won't fight acne or clean it good, but I was wrong it help my skins moisture and now I'm 100% acne free, I been using this for four years now, sometimes I notice it doesn't clean all my makeup off but then I clean my face again

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

This a mild facial cleanser which doesn't foam and doesn't contain any fragrance.

Lately I'd been experiencing a lot of breakouts and irritation and so I bought this as I had heard good things. Within a week of using this, I found my skin had calmed down considerably so I'm really liking this so far. However, I also started using a witch hazel toner around the same time so I can't say for sure if it was this cleanser alone that improved my skin.

This is not strong enough to remove makeup. I usually use an oil cleanser to remove makeup (working the oil cleanser onto dry face of makeup and then rinsing with warm water), before massaging the Cetaphil cleanser into my damp skin and rinsing. This cleanser leaves my skin feeling soft and balmy, i.e. not drying and tight like other cleansers. I then pat my face dry and sweep a cotton pad with a little T.N. Dickinson Witch Hazel toner across my face before following with oil-free moisturiser.

This cleanser is great value and my skins feel lovely and soft afterwards. I'd certainly repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

The reason why I go back to this cleanser is because I've never had any allergic reaction to this.

Now, I know most of you will stray away from SLS or parabens, but please don't get caught up with this hype. I've seen girls talk about staying away from parabens while eating food containing them. I've worked this these products and study them and they are fine, no harm whatsoever.

The reason why its recommended by dermatologist especially when you have skin diseases is because its absences of all the other ingredients like fragrances and oils, which are the reason behind most allergic reactions. This is very mild and you must and an exceptional skin condition if you're allergic to this

Also claims about how it can't remove make up is bull. This is a mild cleanser, it does not remove your clogging waterproof make up. Use a make up remover please. Ppl with sensitive skin or are using many topical products need cleansers too.

The consistency is runny and has no fragrance and it doesn't foam, so if you want cleansers that does those then this product may not be for you

I have combination skin which is sensitive to all fragrances and oils and having acne and the need to use topical products, this cleansers is mild enough for me to serve its purpose

Thumbs up to this product

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

A great cleanser to come back to. I have a habit of getting bored of cleansers, and sometimes I branch out and try new ones but this product always seems to be the one I come back to. It's always the same story: a cleanser I'm using is too harsh; I go back to Cetaphil; my skin calms down; use this product for a few months; decide it doesn't remove makeup or deeply cleanse my skin enough; buy another and the cycle starts again. I would use this cleanser all the time if there was a way for it to remove my heavy duty concealers, cleanse a little deeper and also be that gentle. But that's all impossible, and so I feel I will always have a love hate relationship with it. Overall, I do love it but sometimes isn't enough.

on 1/27/2015 11:27:00 AM

I love this cleanser, it is really good for those who just want a non-drying cleanser that leaves your skin feeling clean and moisturised without a whole lot of ingredients that could cause a reaction. Admittedly it is not good for those who wear a lot of make up and thick layers of sunscreen as you will need another cleanser beforehand. However, I do not wear make up everyday, so using this morning and night works for me and doesn't leave me with that tight overly-cleansed skin feeling. My skin feels soft and clean. This is all I ask for a cleanser, as I sort out other issues via treatments, facials and exfoliation. Because its creamy and runny it does run out quickly though!

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Too gentle for my skin! It felt like i was washing my face with conditioner. This product would be great on people with sensitive and dry skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I love this product! It is great for my sensitive skin and it leaves my face feeling so soft! I just use it after I remove all of my makeup with a cold cream, it leaves my face clean and so smooth. It is definitely a beauty staple for me!