October 22, 2014 | 2043 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Body Butter - Brazil Nut

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2011 9:58:00 PM More reviews by ash_theoriginal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I forgot all about this body butter. I used this religiously when I was younger and just taking a whiff of this brought back memories.

The smell is subtle but lingers and smells amazing!! It's super moisturizing and thick, yet melts quickly. It's perfect for protecting my skin in the harsh Canadian winters. The packaging is perfect too, doesn't leave any product to waste!! So glad I rediscovered this stuff!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2011 10:58:00 AM More reviews by faune

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite moisturizer for the body, the scent is wonderful without being too strong or artificial, it has a pleasing texture and it is really moisturizing. A great relief for my very dry skin, I usually try and branch out to other body butter or lotions, but this one is the one that keeps me happy!
This scent is discontinued here but I usually find them during sales at which time I tend to stock up. I will be really sad when I won't find any because I have been loving this for so long, perhaps 10 years now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/10/2011 11:21:00 PM More reviews by goldfish5555

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The person who described this as a light, bittersweet nut scent is right on the money. I like this because the scent is subtle, it's highly moisturizing yet seems to soak in and there's a Body Shop right around the corner from my house (ha). Basically this smelled wonderful without screaming I SMELL LIKE SOMETHING DELICIOUS TO EAT -- which I guess I'm kind of over at the moment. It's subtle, sophisticated and yet natural and slightly nutty scented which I guess is appealing to me right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by grapeglowstixx

I've been using this product since I was 19, I'm now 29. The first thing that sold me was the smell of this product. It's a nutty, cocoa-butter-esque scent with a slight hint of sweetness. It's perfect and light. The moisture level on this is great. It's designed for "Dry Skin", but I use this all-year round. It hydrates but isn't sticky.
The price may be a downside to some, but its been my experience that The Body Shop has sales going on, often you can buy one and get one half off, and sometimes they have promotional sales on their mini-butters. Whatever you buy, sale or full price... absolutely worth it!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by shukufuku

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Wow what can I say about this product? I absolutely love the smell. I know scents are a very personal thing and it won't be for everyone, but if you happen to like more subtle, bittersweet nutty aromas you should check this one out! It's hard to describe the scent, as I haven't had any brazilnuts in a long time and it's not very common. If I were to describe it though, I'd say it is something of a cross between hazelnut lattes and burnt peanut butter cookies. It's got just enough of a hint of cocoa butter and vanilla smell to give that bit of sweetness to balance out the very smokey bitter nut smell. It's absolutely delicious!

It's also very subtle compared to the other Body Butters from the Body Shop. Unlike the more fruity ones, you have to be pretty close to the source to pick up on the scent. It may sound kind of disappointing to some people, but I actually prefer my scents to be lighter. When I put it on my arms and legs, I don't really smell it that much if at all, making it pretty safe for work or school so you don't overwhelm the people around you. Believe me, I hate it when someone 12 feet away from me smells like they bathed in a pool of floral perfume. The scent is much stronger when you first apply it, but after an hour or so it dries down to something very soft. Unfortunately, it doesn't last very long and pretty much completely disappears by the 6 hour mark.

This body butter also supplies pretty good moisture for my very dry skin. It absorbs nicely and doesn't leave any oily residue. I live in a very dry and cold environment, and this would keep my skin soft and happy for about 10 hours. I would apply body butters twice a day ideally.

The price of Body Shop's body butters may seem steep, but remember that they have promotions going on many times throughout the year.

Edit: As of Aug 2011, I have decided to cut the amount of products I have with parabens and products with "fragrance" listed in the ingredients. I am sad to say I will not be repurchasing this (even though I love the smell!) after I am finished with my current tub. Hopefully, the Body Shop will decide to eliminate parabens and some other chemicals from future formulas so I can embrace their yummy products again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2011 8:06:00 AM More reviews by liea

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

LOVE it what more can i say .. i use to smear it day and night on my belly when i was pregnant .. and guess what i dont have any stretch marks on my tummy all thanks to my HG body butters from TBS.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2011 11:30:00 AM More reviews by veggie4life79

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first body butter purchase from TBS. I got it because I loved the smell when I tested it out in the store. Though it says it's for dry skin, I figured it would work no matter if I had super dry skin or not (which I don't).
I'm not a huge fan of the tubs that the body butters come in. Only because it's not very sanitary. I'd much rather have a squeeze tube or something of the sort. The up side to the tub, however, is that you get every last bit of product!
With that being said, I loooooove this stuff. I LOVE the smell. It's so fresh and a a very light scent. It's not an over powering smell at all. I also love what it does for my skin. It makes is soooo soft and I can tell it really moisturizes my skin. It takes a little while to soak in, but once it does, it lasts all day! It gives my legs a wonderful sheen and looks awesome when I'm wearing shorts! :)
$16 for a body butter is a little steep but they will last you a LONG time. You don't need a lot of product when moisturizing either.
Overall, I'm glad I purchased this and I will definitely be repurchasing this particular body butter in the near future!

REVISION~
After learning that a lot of products at the Body Shop have parabens and some other nasty stuff, I will NOT be repurchasing much from them anymore. I don't want that stuff slathered on my skin!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2011 5:09:00 AM More reviews by adjective

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I love this, even though they've discontinued it. When TBS has their sales I'm always sure to grab some as it's wonderful on my dry skin during the winter.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2011 9:12:00 PM More reviews by CuteMo

I used to hate this stuff because it made me break out in rashes when I was younger, but recently I've come back to it to find that I like it! It moisturizes well and I find that I can still smell it the next day.My skin feels hydrated and it looks shiny/glowy. I first tried this particular scent when I was in Europe (the lotion one), but when I looked for it here, I was told TBS is slowly discontinuing this scent! I hope the scent they replace it with is just as good.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/3/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by moosue

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I've been using this since I was 10. 12 years later, I still love me some Brazil Nut butter (back when I was a kid, it was just Nut Butter - you understand why they changed it).
The scent is very sweet and comforting without being too strong. Often I find myself huffing my skin wishing the scent were stronger because its so good.
This particular butter is a little smoother in consistency than other scents of body butter, I'm not sure why. It just seems to melt into the skin and spread more easily than say Satsuma, Cranberry, Coconut, or Cocoa Butter.
It's very moisturizing and at $20 for a tub, it's expensive enough to be a treat but not so expensive that its unreachable.
I will continue to buy this as its a time tested favourite.