July 25, 2014 | 2005 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This stuff smells like mosquito repellent, but does not actually work to repel mosquitoes. Blech. Do not like at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! Makes your skin very very soft. Someone asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing (I wasn't wearing any) when I used this b/c I smelled so good :) This is a must in everyones bath routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is a staple from my childhood. Every mother I know slathered their family in it to ward off mosquitoes, and it really worked. The smell is ok, but I would only use it if mosquitoes were going to be an issue.As far as using this in your bathtub, please be careful because this stuff is so slippery.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is just over priced, cheap mineral oil. Gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I suspected less quality in Avon from my kid years' experience of playing with the little vials of sample lipsticks but dangit, I was wrong! I dislike admitting that but the Skin so Soft body oil is wonderful! Believe it or not, it's kind of a thicker oil to where you have a little bit more time to slather it where it needs to go before it seeps through your fingers so that's a plus. It smells light and floral but not heavy at all. This stuff ABSORBS, yes absorbs into your skin within a few mere minutes and doesn't leave you greasy! When I rinsed my hands with water, it rinsed too but left the pleasant after effects. WOW!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kelaine423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is ok. My skin felt soft when I got out of the bath, but I cannot stand the smell. I have tried mixing it with other things to mask the odor, but nothing works. I finally threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, this and petroleum jelly will always have a spot in my medicine cabinet. My mom used this on me all the time when I was a little kid playing outside, because we lived in the country and had tons of mosquitos everywhere. I love the original scent. I love that it has a convenient little sprayer so you can apply it either in the bath or after you get out. I love that it's so cheap because I stock up and go through it like crazy. I love that it's not tested on animals. I love that it helps calm the KP on the backs of my arms. I love that I can use it to clean our fiberglass boat. There's nothing I DON'T love about this stuff!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by frenna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this stuff back in the 90s, but now i can't stand it. MY husband and I are both in agreement that the smell is awful and it's too greasy. I used it in the tub the other night because my Mother-in-law gave me some, and I almost slipped getting out! I would just rather use my usual body lotion and skip the oil.

The size of the bottle and the price are nice. Other than that, it sucks.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2007 7:09:00 PM More reviews by christinexoxodillon

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OK- This stuff it the BEST. I use it on my skin. I clean my car with it dash and leather seats.I polish meatal like my sink and sanless garbage can with it keeps the bugs out and make it look new again. You know that orange oil for furniture-well this absorbs better-smells nicer and keeps the ants away. In Fl we always have ants. You can use this on anything even you pets to keep the bugs off them- just rub a little on your hands and pet your animal. And with 4 scents there is bound to be 1 you like

rated 3 of 5 on 7/12/2007 3:21:00 PM More reviews by eriven

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a review for the original scent Bath Oil Spray. I really wanted to love this! I have dry skin, but I'm too lazy to apply body lotion after a shower (and my face needs attention almost immediately). I wanted to find a spray-on body oil. Because I'm extremely allergic to mosquitoes, I liked that this has insect repellent properties, so I bought some. Unfortunately, I can't stand the scent! I usually like herbal scents, but this one somehow reminds me of an "old lady's house" smell. It doesn't fade quickly enough for me to just ignore it until it fades. Besides the scent, the oil is lovely, light and moisturizing. It would be perfect if not for the scent! I may try their other scents and update this review accordingly.