Avon Skin So Soft Bath Oil

4.1

Mineral Oil, Isopropyl Palmitate, Dicapryl Adipate, Fragrance, Dioctyl Sodium Sulfosuccinate, BHT, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil

on 6/14/2009 1:28:00 PM

I found the smell of this so disgusting that I would not buy it again. It's a weird musty smell that is really unpleasant. I would have rated this a 1 but it does make the skin very soft and smooth so I felt this made it worth a 2.

Pity about the smell - if they would only change the fragrance it could be a really good product.

on 6/3/2009 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I buy SSS Original. People either love the scent or hate it. I'm one who happens to love it. It makes me reminisce about the camping trips I used to take with my family when I was a kid, where we'd use this as mosquito repellent. I love how soft it makes my skin feel and also the fabulous glow I have when I use it. And the price is cheap, especially when it goes on sale (which is very often). I just bought a 16 oz. bottle of the SSS bath oil for under $7.00, which I plan on using to fill up the bath oil spray that I bought last year. I checked the ingredients for both products and they are exactly the same. The spray retails for $6.00 and you only get 5 oz. Just keep the bottle and buy the BIG bottle for less than $1.00 more and you get over TRIPLE the amount! What a great steal for a gem of a product.

on 3/3/2009 4:55:00 PM

Smells horrible. Like insect repellant.
But it did leave my skin feeling awesome :)
But I don't think I will buy it again, as I think there are other products out there that do the same job without smelling so horrible.

on 11/11/2008 2:39:00 PM

This stuff smells like mosquito repellent, but does not actually work to repel mosquitoes. Blech. Do not like at all.

on 11/2/2008 10:11:00 PM

I love this stuff! Makes your skin very very soft. Someone asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing (I wasn't wearing any) when I used this b/c I smelled so good :) This is a must in everyones bath routine.

on 10/21/2008 2:43:00 PM

This is a staple from my childhood. Every mother I know slathered their family in it to ward off mosquitoes, and it really worked. The smell is ok, but I would only use it if mosquitoes were going to be an issue.As far as using this in your bathtub, please be careful because this stuff is so slippery.

on 7/13/2008 9:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is just over priced, cheap mineral oil. Gross.

on 7/8/2008 8:06:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I suspected less quality in Avon from my kid years' experience of playing with the little vials of sample lipsticks but dangit, I was wrong! I dislike admitting that but the Skin so Soft body oil is wonderful! Believe it or not, it's kind of a thicker oil to where you have a little bit more time to slather it where it needs to go before it seeps through your fingers so that's a plus. It smells light and floral but not heavy at all. This stuff ABSORBS, yes absorbs into your skin within a few mere minutes and doesn't leave you greasy! When I rinsed my hands with water, it rinsed too but left the pleasant after effects. WOW!

on 6/1/2008 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is ok. My skin felt soft when I got out of the bath, but I cannot stand the smell. I have tried mixing it with other things to mask the odor, but nothing works. I finally threw it away.

on 2/7/2008 9:49:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

OK, this and petroleum jelly will always have a spot in my medicine cabinet. My mom used this on me all the time when I was a little kid playing outside, because we lived in the country and had tons of mosquitos everywhere. I love the original scent. I love that it has a convenient little sprayer so you can apply it either in the bath or after you get out. I love that it's so cheap because I stock up and go through it like crazy. I love that it's not tested on animals. I love that it helps calm the KP on the backs of my arms. I love that I can use it to clean our fiberglass boat. There's nothing I DON'T love about this stuff!!

Popular Bath Treatments