November 28, 2014 | 1861 users online

Bath Treatments - Avon - Skin So Soft Bath Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 6/3/2009 1:52:00 PM More reviews by shadow78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I buy SSS Original. People either love the scent or hate it. I'm one who happens to love it. It makes me reminisce about the camping trips I used to take with my family when I was a kid, where we'd use this as mosquito repellent. I love how soft it makes my skin feel and also the fabulous glow I have when I use it. And the price is cheap, especially when it goes on sale (which is very often). I just bought a 16 oz. bottle of the SSS bath oil for under $7.00, which I plan on using to fill up the bath oil spray that I bought last year. I checked the ingredients for both products and they are exactly the same. The spray retails for $6.00 and you only get 5 oz. Just keep the bottle and buy the BIG bottle for less than $1.00 more and you get over TRIPLE the amount! What a great steal for a gem of a product.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/3/2009 4:55:00 PM More reviews by fraudninja

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells horrible. Like insect repellant.
But it did leave my skin feeling awesome :)
But I don't think I will buy it again, as I think there are other products out there that do the same job without smelling so horrible.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/11/2008 2:39:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

This stuff smells like mosquito repellent, but does not actually work to repel mosquitoes. Blech. Do not like at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/2/2008 10:11:00 PM More reviews by maggie12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this stuff! Makes your skin very very soft. Someone asked me what kind of perfume I was wearing (I wasn't wearing any) when I used this b/c I smelled so good :) This is a must in everyones bath routine.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2008 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Cinnabuns

This is a staple from my childhood. Every mother I know slathered their family in it to ward off mosquitoes, and it really worked. The smell is ok, but I would only use it if mosquitoes were going to be an issue.As far as using this in your bathtub, please be careful because this stuff is so slippery.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/13/2008 9:15:00 PM More reviews by soniawonia

This is just over priced, cheap mineral oil. Gross.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/8/2008 8:06:00 PM More reviews by libby1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I suspected less quality in Avon from my kid years' experience of playing with the little vials of sample lipsticks but dangit, I was wrong! I dislike admitting that but the Skin so Soft body oil is wonderful! Believe it or not, it's kind of a thicker oil to where you have a little bit more time to slather it where it needs to go before it seeps through your fingers so that's a plus. It smells light and floral but not heavy at all. This stuff ABSORBS, yes absorbs into your skin within a few mere minutes and doesn't leave you greasy! When I rinsed my hands with water, it rinsed too but left the pleasant after effects. WOW!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2008 1:54:00 PM More reviews by kelaine423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is ok. My skin felt soft when I got out of the bath, but I cannot stand the smell. I have tried mixing it with other things to mask the odor, but nothing works. I finally threw it away.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/7/2008 9:49:00 AM More reviews by starberr1e

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

OK, this and petroleum jelly will always have a spot in my medicine cabinet. My mom used this on me all the time when I was a little kid playing outside, because we lived in the country and had tons of mosquitos everywhere. I love the original scent. I love that it has a convenient little sprayer so you can apply it either in the bath or after you get out. I love that it's so cheap because I stock up and go through it like crazy. I love that it's not tested on animals. I love that it helps calm the KP on the backs of my arms. I love that I can use it to clean our fiberglass boat. There's nothing I DON'T love about this stuff!!

rated 1 of 5 on 10/28/2007 11:26:00 AM More reviews by frenna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I loved this stuff back in the 90s, but now i can't stand it. MY husband and I are both in agreement that the smell is awful and it's too greasy. I used it in the tub the other night because my Mother-in-law gave me some, and I almost slipped getting out! I would just rather use my usual body lotion and skip the oil.

The size of the bottle and the price are nice. Other than that, it sucks.