July 23, 2014 | 1757 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sensibio H2O (aka Crealine H20 Solution micellaire)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 4:47:00 PM More reviews by nevs029

I love this stuff! I use it as the first step of my night time cleansing regime - before my Kiehls foaming cleanser, toner, moisturiser etc. It works really well to remove makeup on the face (although I've heard it isn't too super at removing waterproof mascara - I don't use waterproof though so this isn't a problem for me). But the biggest benefit for me is that is leaves my skin really smooth and soft. It feels really calming and gentle and my sensitive skin has been better than it has been in years since I started using it. My redness has decreased and any flakiness has also gone too. I'm really happy with this product - definitely worth trying if you have sensitive skin!!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2014 10:05:00 PM More reviews by beetrootcheeks

Bioderma Créaline is an unscented "rinseless" cleansing water, or micellar solution, in a patented formulation for sensitive skin. Its properties as a makeup remover are secondary. Créaline's cult status internationally can be credited to its popularity among professional makeup artists, who need a gentle product that may be used often on many different skin types. In France, one 500 ml bottle costs about €10. A version for oily skin, Bioderma Sébium H2O, is also available (in blue and green packaging), though I haven't tried it.

I have acne-prone combination skin (oily in the t-zone, not especially sensitive) and use Créaline as a morning alternative to my normal cleanser (presently that's Bioderma's Sébium foaming gel as recommended by my dermatologist), and at night if I am too tired to cleanse properly or otherwise in danger of stumbling into bed without washing my face. I also like it as a toner to apply throughout hot summer days when I am indoors and not wearing makeup or SPF. It leaves my skin feeling soft and fresh, rather than filmy or stripped, while controlling shine. My boyfriend uses it as his primary cleanser and one bottle still lasts us several months.

This product will probably NOT easily remove heavy eye makeup like mascara, and if you purchase Créaline for the first time with this expectation you will be disappointed. Using it immediately before or after a second cleanser, as many reviews here describe doing, is kind of redundant, and could feasibly disturb your skin's pH balance if you're sensitive to overcleansing. For its intended purposes as an effective one-step micellar cleanser that will not irritate skin, however, Créaline is simply superlative and its reputation as an essential is well-deserved.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/17/2014 11:40:00 PM More reviews by igrancea

This cleanser irritated my skin worse than any product I have EVER used in my 30+ years (and I've used many).
After only a few days of use the skin around my lips became really dry, and the corners of my mouth became very chapped. No amount of lip balm, creams, etc. made any difference. At first I thought it was a new toothpaste I started using around the same time. But once I noticed dry patches appearing under my eyes and nose area, I knew it was the Bioderma.
This stuff is just corrosive... it ate through my skin's moisture barrier and destroyed my lips and eyes. It's been almost a week since I've stopped using it, and while my lips are almost back to normal, the skin around my eyes is still red, itchy and swollen. Thanks Bioderma...

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 12:43:00 AM More reviews by rinstarangel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I wanted to love this so bad after all of the amazing reviews. It performed well and felt refreshing. But after about a week, I started breaking out so bad all over my face. So now I'm stuck with a huge bottle of this stuff. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:09:00 PM More reviews by daisydaisys

Over-rated. Bloggers rave about this. It's fine- does the job, but nothing special and there are better products out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2014 3:13:00 PM More reviews by Adsiome

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Worth the hype and every penny! So gentle so effective!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2014 5:09:00 AM More reviews by prettyfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Does good job removing makeup like colorstay foundation and waterproof eyeliner but not on waterproof mascara. It doesn't break me out but the problem is bioderma is very pricey here. I will stick with cleansing oil instead because it's easier to remove waterproof mascara and cheaper.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/4/2014 2:13:00 AM More reviews by hanzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

OK, so i have read so much about this on beauty blogs everywhere!! When this was finally available in my local priceline (Australia) i had to try it!

This is a great makeup remover but i needed quite a large amount of the product to remove my waterproof eye makeup. So the longevity of the product for the price isn't too great.
Unfortunately, this product wasn't meant to be for me. It broke me out in tiny little lumps and bumps ALL OVER MY FACE. Even after cleansing.
I can imagine how great this product would be if it didn't break me out, after removing my makeup it left my skin feeling super soft. I do have extremely sensitive skin though, so i might try the oily skin/acne prone version and see how i go.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:43:00 PM More reviews by Radha8779

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I guess it's better than any other makeup remover I've bought, but it's still pretty expensive for what you get. I mean, it's not taking away wrinkles it is taking off makeup! But for people who like this type of thing, it is probably the best.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/25/2014 4:05:00 PM More reviews by tarayeo

I really wanted to love this product but I couldn't remove makeup easily with it. Especially waterproof mascara even after holding it there and using cotton pads soaked in product. Not sure what's wrong here since so many people gave such great reviews. Even when used to remove face makeup I seem to need many cotton pads before I don't see any residue. However, it is very gentle and feels just like water. No sticky residue. I still prefer using a cleansing oil to remove my makeup but I do repurchase this to clean off makeup when I want to test of different eye looks or when I do swatches.